Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

17 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Maybe, because there is a grand total of zero trophies between the lot of them. To be fair, Moyes doesn’t appear to be getting too much, and when I’ve heard West Ham supporters question his position in the same way Rodgers is questioned by our supporters he gets the same backing BR gets.

Lampard has been pathetic everywhere he has been.

Potter has gone to one of the biggest clubs in the country and they are struggling - this is always going to be spoken about more than us.

Jones, I feel for as he’s only just arrived into a poor squad. Buy their fans turned on him straight away - when the fans are loud in the stadium it is always highlighted more in the media.

Finally, there are more and more media reports highlighting the trouble Brendan is in.

In Potter and Jones’ case a trophy in 19 and 7 games respectively would be mightly impressive.

And dare I say it, incredibly entitled - even by Chelsea’s standards.

Edited by Matt

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

In Potter and Jones’ case a trophy in 19 and 7 games respectively would be mightly impressive.

And dare I say it, incredibly entitled - even by Chelsea’s standards.

Have either of them won anything of note in their managerial career? 

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

So six women lied then 🤔

Just not enough evidence I assume.

Strange sort of limbo for Mendy now. Technically innocent, nothing should stop him continuing his career. But we kinda of know he's a wrong en, so will City welcome him back? Maybe he'll have to go abroad, but I doubt this is the last we'll hear of all this, there's bound to be a retrial.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

So six women lied then 🤔

No. That's not how it works. And he's still facing a retrial on one count of rape and one count of attempt. 

Certainly one of the accused did appear to have lied. There was a video of him having what was ruled to be consensual sex with one of the alleged victims. The judge threw that case out. 

His lawyers then used this to cast doubt on the remaining cases and the jury concluded the prosecution couldn't then meet the burden of proof on six of the remaining charges. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tylesta said:

At villa he carried the ball a lit he was so good at taking players on and pep don't like that

at Villa EVERYTHING went through him so his stats were heavily boosted. me a part time viewer of football could see that, unsure how these genius footballing brains couldn't.

1 minute ago, MrSpaM said:

It was a hung jury, so basically half of the jury thought he was guilty, and half of them didn't, so they were unable to prosecute him

The verdicts of not guilty on six counts of rape were unanimous. 

They were undecided on one count of rape and one of attempt which will be retried likely later in the year. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Just not enough evidence I assume.

Strange sort of limbo for Mendy now. Technically innocent, nothing should stop him continuing his career. But we kinda of know he's a wrong en, so will City welcome him back? Maybe he'll have to go abroad, but I doubt this is the last we'll hear of all this, there's bound to be a retrial.

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's a grown adult with significant wealth and power who pays a forty year old man to go out and groom teenage girls for him to bring back to his gated mansion to ply them with drugs so he can pass them around for sex. 

I'd be really surprised if a Premier League club wants anything more to do with him after this regardless of the verdict.

I'm not a prude, what consenting adults do for their fun shouldn't necessarily be anyone else's business if nobody is getting hurt. But however you slice it, Mendy's behavior is fairly grotesque even without the rape allegations. 

From Man City's perspective, they're stuck with him, unless they negotiate the paying off and ending of his contract. No legal basis to bin him off with a not guilty verdict. Although, if other cases are still pending, he'll still be suspended, presumably.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

From Man City's perspective, they're stuck with him, unless they negotiate the paying off and ending of his contract. No legal basis to bin him off with a not guilty verdict. Although, if other cases are still pending, he'll still be suspended, presumably.

If transfermarkt is accurate his contract expires this summer anyway.

By the time the retrial comes around he'll probably be a free agent. 

Edit: and they'll almost certainly keep him suspended til after the retrial. He's still currently charged with a count of rape and one of attempt, no? 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Maybe, because there is a grand total of zero trophies between the lot of them. To be fair, Moyes doesn’t appear to be getting too much, and when I’ve heard West Ham supporters question his position in the same way Rodgers is questioned by our supporters he gets the same backing BR gets.

Lampard has been pathetic everywhere he has been.

Potter has gone to one of the biggest clubs in the country and they are struggling - this is always going to be spoken about more than us.

Jones, I feel for as he’s only just arrived into a poor squad. Buy their fans turned on him straight away - when the fans are loud in the stadium it is always highlighted more in the media.

Finally, there are more and more media reports highlighting the trouble Brendan is in.

thought lampard had a decent first season at chelsea. also not to bad getting derby into the play offs

• Like 1