Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

43 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Have either of them won anything of note in their managerial career? 

Swedish cup, couple of Swedish league win - i'm sure they'll be passed off as minor achievements rightly or wrongly.

Had Rodgers other than in the Scottish Pub League before he came here?

If we're counting the Scottish Pub League you have to count Potter's successes in Sweden, no?

5 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

thought lampard had a decent first season at chelsea. also not to bad getting derby into the play offs

Lampard was always (unfortunately) going to fail as soon as Chelsea could buy players again and the ego's came flooding in.

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Hasn't stopped arsenal keeping partey

We have no idea if Partey even is accused of anything, do we? I'm pretty sure it's still just speculation and whoever that 29 year old Premier League footballer is hasn't actually been charged yet have they? 

Unless I'm missing something I thought the unnamed man arrested in Barnet had been bailed pending investigation and that was still the latest? 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Swedish cup, couple of Swedish league win - i'm sure they'll be passed off as minor achievements rightly or wrongly.

Had Rodgers other than in the Scottish Pub League before he came here?

If we're counting the Scottish Pub League you have to count Potter's successes in Sweden, no?

Lampard was always (unfortunately) going to fail as soon as Chelsea could buy players again and the ego's came flooding in.

He never won the Swedish top division did he? I thought it was just the second division in Sweden he had won? I could be wrong 

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We have no idea if Partey even is accused of anything, do we? I'm pretty sure it's still just speculation and whoever that 29 year old Premier League footballer is hasn't actually been charged yet have they? 

Unless I'm missing something I thought the unnamed man arrested in Barnet had been bailed pending investigation and that was still the latest? 

The alleged victim named him online and shared some screenshots but it happened out of the country so it's not something the police can do much about  

15 minutes ago, Shane said:

What an absolue asswipe. Hate players like this. He's been at Brighton since 2019. They've put up with his "learning" and given him a platform now he acts like this because he feels he is better off sitting on the bench of a bigger club. 

17 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

What an absolue asswipe. Hate players like this. He's been at Brighton since 2019. They've put up with his "learning" and given him a platform now he acts like this because he feels he is better off sitting on the bench of a bigger club. 

he's not even that good imo.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Issue is that Potter might not want to jump straight in to a new gig a couple of weeks after he’s sacked, if he’s sacked.

There will also be Everton and West Ham ready to move for him if that happens and they’ll throw more money at it than we will. 

Can easily see him at West Ham, or even Palace. I think Everton will again go for a glamour overseas manager, maybe that ex Spain boss. 

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Is this record not essentially the same as it was for brighton last year? 

i’d argue that the brighton squad last season was just as good as the current chelsea one.

He’s just doing as expected 😂

0C84DCC2-6B62-4FCB-AB5D-FB7217BE652E.jpeg

Same old problem for him really... goals scored! 

Isolating Aubamayang, no matter how much of a tool he is, might not be the smartest move at the minute.

7 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Same old problem for him really... goals scored! 

Isolating Aubamayang, no matter how much of a tool he is, might not be the smartest move at the minute.

For someone so meticulous, going to a club with such an overbearing owner seems like a terrible move. The type of players they have been bringing in make no sense. 

It’s like an entitled 6 version of martin allen and Milan.  

• Like 1

Just a quick look at Potters GS record across all clubs

Ostersunds
224 games
363 Goals

GPG = 1.6

Swansea

51 games

78 Goals

GPG = 1.5

Brighton

134 games

161 Goals

GPG = 1.2

Our average is currently 1.44 this season and we're ****ing dog shit lol 

Think average Premier League home goals per game is 1.6 and away is 1.2, so he's certainly on the lower end of things as a manager since coming over to the UK

It's hard to feel sorry for Potter after he's jumped ship for money, but the Chelsea situation is a complete basketcase. He's had so many players bought in I doubt he has had much to any say on the January buys, constant influx of players and it feels as though he only took charge a month of football ago.

Shame to see yet another English manager take the bait and fall, if that's what happens. Would still be interested in him here, but given the personal tragedies and the possibility of his career path taking a high profile wollop, you might want to sound it out first.

Joelinton: Newcastle United boss Eddie Howe unsure of picking Brazilian after drink-driving charge - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64261234

Joelinton charged with drink drive.  For me the club, and Eddie Howe, have to take the moral high ground here and bin him from the squad for a game or two.  But this is Newcastle Utd, where moral high ground isn't particularly high, so fully expect him to start in the next game.

23 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Joelinton: Newcastle United boss Eddie Howe unsure of picking Brazilian after drink-driving charge - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64261234

Joelinton charged with drink drive.  For me the club, and Eddie Howe, have to take the moral high ground here and bin him from the squad for a game or two.  But this is Newcastle Utd, where moral high ground isn't particularly high, so fully expect him to start in the next game.

Sounds like a token gesture to me. If you're going to play him again, which he is, then just play him.