Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

I've said it here before, but Trossard's "Eyes like Sheep's Coonts" look, combined with his otherwise boyish demeanour, make him look like a troubled boy who can't sleep because he sees dead people.

Screenshot_20230113_163351_DuckDuckGo.jpg.9cbdc54acbcdd57caa82706a580c4757.jpg

I for one, would welcome the Belgian Panda to our club.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

He's a grown adult with significant wealth and power who pays a forty year old man to go out and groom teenage girls for him to bring back to his gated mansion to ply them with drugs so he can pass them around for sex. 

It's an interesting world we live in where this alone is not considered illegal

2 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Great form at the start of this season though. Think he'd fit in well here with our Belgian contingent.

He'd fit well in our 19/20 and 20/21 seasons.

1 hour ago, Jaspa said:

It's hard to feel sorry for Potter after he's jumped ship for money, but the Chelsea situation is a complete basketcase. He's had so many players bought in I doubt he has had much to any say on the January buys, constant influx of players and it feels as though he only took charge a month of football ago.

Shame to see yet another English manager take the bait and fall, if that's what happens. Would still be interested in him here, but given the personal tragedies and the possibility of his career path taking a high profile wollop, you might want to sound it out first.

Yes and no.

I agree, however (And it's easier to have this view on another teams manager/players than I have of any of 'our lot' who have jumped ship and flopped - I reckon only Mahrez has gone on to have a successful and worthwhile career - playing fairly regularly? Maybe Kante - unluckily blighted with injuries) he had to take the jump, he'd arguably never have another opportunity, if it's offered, you take it, Howe arguably never took a further step when at Bournemouth (Although, not sure he was actually ever offered an opportunity but was often talked about the next [insert club] manager) then it was too late and he got sacked, luckily for him Newcastle took a gamble and look at them go.

Like Lampard the money splashed about, the ego's at Chelsea, it's hard to see it working for Potter, he's simply a better manager and gets more out of 'lesser' players.

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

He'd fit well in our 19/20 and 20/21 seasons.

Yes and no.

I agree, however (And it's easier to have this view on another teams manager/players than I have of any of 'our lot' who have jumped ship and flopped - I reckon only Mahrez has gone on to have a successful and worthwhile career - playing fairly regularly? Maybe Kante - unluckily blighted with injuries) he had to take the jump, he'd arguably never have another opportunity, if it's offered, you take it, Howe arguably never took a further step when at Bournemouth (Although, not sure he was actually ever offered an opportunity but was often talked about the next [insert club] manager) then it was too late and he got sacked, luckily for him Newcastle took a gamble and look at them go.

Like Lampard the money splashed about, the ego's at Chelsea, it's hard to see it working for Potter, he's simply a better manager and gets more out of 'lesser' players.

Kante is not complaining..he's won all major honours and carries great memories in many Chelsea fans thoughts.

Before signing for us,he knew he was joining Chelsea ( contractural agreements)...Many a top player would still love Kante's CV. Even if only one season,  for us & splintered seasons with Chelsea,he's done his job...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

What an absolue asswipe. Hate players like this. He's been at Brighton since 2019. They've put up with his "learning" and given him a platform now he acts like this because he feels he is better off sitting on the bench of a bigger club. 

So, Tielemans ? 

2 hours ago, nnfox said:

Joelinton: Newcastle United boss Eddie Howe unsure of picking Brazilian after drink-driving charge - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64261234

Joelinton charged with drink drive.  For me the club, and Eddie Howe, have to take the moral high ground here and bin him from the squad for a game or two.  But this is Newcastle Utd, where moral high ground isn't particularly high, so fully expect him to start in the next game.

Summary justice - Chop a hand off or 50 lashes.

Let the fans decide!

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He hasn't trotted off to another country in some sort of protest to force a transfer. So no lol

Ok so there’s levels to players leaving us. Let me give this a try 

Fair enough: 

Kante

Tielemans 

Resigned but not happy about it:

Drinkwater

Soyuncu

Who do you think you are?

Mahrez

Maguire

Chilwell

Absolute snake:

Fofana 

Edited by KFS
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, KFS said:

Ok so there’s levels to players leaving us. Let me give this a try 

Fair enough: 

Kante

Tielemans 

Resigned but not happy about it:

Drinkwater

Soyuncu

Who do you think you are?

Mahrez

Maguire

Chilwell

Absolute snake:

Fofana 

I'd put Mahrez in fair enough category. He gave us an extra year and moving to Man City was clearly the best decision, and we got a good fee for him. 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'd put Mahrez in fair enough category. He gave us an extra year and moving to Man City was clearly the best decision, and we got a good fee for him. 

How about Maddison if he rocks up at newcastle? 

8 minutes ago, KFS said:

How about Maddison if he rocks up at newcastle? 

There's only two categories. 

Fair enough and snake.

The only people that belong in the latter category are the ones that down tools which, for my money, is just Fofana. I disagree with anyone that says Mahrez stopped trying and those levelling the accusation at Tielemans can definitely get in the bin. 

Otherwise none of them owe us anything. They aren't fans. They're contracted employees and their careers are insanely short. The older I get the more tolerance I have for players wanting to move on to better prospects. I don't consider myself old, I think I've got the vast majority of my working life still ahead of me. But I'm older than our entire squad. 

Blows my mind the idea of being past your best at 30. Crazy. Let them make hay while they can and stop being so fvcking precious about it. 

You don't want to end up looking like entitled Scousers still crying at Sterling 5738374 years later because he dared go somewhere to win things.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

There's only two categories. 

Fair enough and snake.

The only people that belong in the latter category are the ones that down tools which, for my money, is just Fofana. I disagree with anyone that says Mahrez stopped trying and those levelling the accusation at Tielemans can definitely get in the bin. 

Otherwise none of them owe us anything. They aren't fans. They're contracted employees and their careers are insanely short. The older I get the more tolerance I have for players wanting to move on to better prospects. I don't consider myself old, I think I've got the vast majority of my working life still ahead of me. But I'm older than our entire squad. 

Blows my mind the idea of being past your best at 30. Crazy. Let them make hay while they can and stop being so fvcking precious about it. 

You don't want to end up looking like entitled Scousers still crying at Sterling 5738374 years later because he dared go somewhere to win things.

Agree to some extent. It is a short career, and can be cut short by injuries. But even at our club, the top earners can bring in more in a week than many of us can earn in two years. There is a limit to what behaviour is deemed acceptable. Luckily most players know this. If they can't behave in a professional manner then they should forfeit certain privileges.

2 hours ago, Vacamion said:

I've said it here before, but Trossard's "Eyes like Sheep's Coonts" look, combined with his otherwise boyish demeanour, make him look like a troubled boy who can't sleep because he sees dead people.

Screenshot_20230113_163351_DuckDuckGo.jpg.9cbdc54acbcdd57caa82706a580c4757.jpg

I for one, would welcome the Belgian Panda to our club.

Like a younger Lee Hendrie 

33 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Agree to some extent. It is a short career, and can be cut short by injuries. But even at our club, the top earners can bring in more in a week than many of us can earn in two years. There is a limit to what behaviour is deemed acceptable. Luckily most players know this. If they can't behave in a professional manner then they should forfeit certain privileges.

But its not all about money is it. If it were I think more would stay. 

It's about winning trophies and having an opportunity to play in the Champions League, the glory of which has been packaged and sold to these kids all their lives and they want the glitz of going out there and being a part of it. 

From the BBC Villa v Leeds match thread.... 

Unai Emery hopes to add to new signing Alex Moreno but says players will need to leave first, with Ludwig Augustinsson expected to exit.

Aston Villa have completed the £13.2m signing of Moreno from Real Betis and now have the Spanish left-back, Augustinsson and Lucas Digne as options in that position.

"We have more players with the possibility to leave and if we can do it we can add more players," Emery said.

"We want to improve and have better balance in the squad with different profiles.

Sound familiar?