Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

2 hours ago, KFS said:

So, Tielemans ? 

I think he’s been quite disrespectful too. God forbid I say that here but he’s certainly owes us far more than he would care to admit. Dropped by Monaco as being useless. Loaned to us, hefty price tag paid. Rebuilt his career. He has had significant drop in performances. Yet holds us to ransom. Modern football, fine. However, it’s not really right if we admit it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

That is a superb pick out from Ashley Young to start the counter attack!

Was sensational, it made that goal to be honest

edit on the replay it wasn’t sensational, still very good, just looked amazing in real time/camera angle

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

How’s he either been disrespectful or held us to ransom?

We offered him a contract? He signed that contract and has honoured that contract, hasn’t downed tools and performed his job exceptionally during that period.

He has now decided at this stage of his career he does not wish to sign a new contract- that’s his choice and certainly not disrespectful.

We often talk about players who sign big contracts and then demand transfers not long after as being disrespectful and say they shouldn’t have signed the big contract for the money if they wanted to leave, ask questions about whether a contract is worth the paper is written on and slag the player off.

When the player chooses to sign and honour a contract we should respect that choice. 
It would have been easy for Youri Tielemans to have accepted a huge pay rise like many other players do and then 18 months into a five year deal demand a transfer. He didn’t do this and I can’t see why anyone would think a man honouring a contract is being disrespectful in any way.

It’s fair if you choose to interpret it that way. And like I said that’s football business. If you don’t feel it’s that way, cool.

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Good result for both of us. 

Definitely. Villa have recovered enough to be outsiders for top 7 never mind someone for us to worry about, so this is ideal