Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

If a player offside makes an attempt to get the ball it should be offside. Whether he touches it not its offside. It's not ****ing hard. They will hide behind the rules of the game but its just common sense. 

You can’t not just work off the laws of the game lol sorry we’re not going to give the goal because although it’s in line with the laws we’d prefer to work off common sense, can you imagine the uproar that would cause and the can of worms it would open.Your gripes with those who have made the laws not the officials :thumbup:

Don't get that VAR decision at all, and would love LCFC to get some fortune like that. But, even though it pains me to say it, hats of to Man U. 1 point behind City is a big achievement. After years of being a bit of a laughing stock they are are recruiting well and have good management. Getting rid of the substantial deadwood causing a lot of the issues has helped too.

All up to Arsenal now. City not looking themselves at the moment, so this is there for the taking.

1 minute ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

You can’t not just work off the laws of the game lol sorry we’re not going to give the goal because although it’s in line with the laws we’d prefer to work off common sense, can you imagine the uproar that would cause and the can of worms it would open.Your gripes with those who have made the laws not the officials :thumbup:

I get the law as it was explained during the game, and of course that's what should be followed in the game. But i think this law needs reviewing. Rashford moves as if to control the ball and feints a move. His position / decision means that Ederson doesn't come out and Akanji holds back. He affects what happens. I feel if Rashford just stops and puts his arms up, then thats different all together. 

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I get the law as it was explained during the game, and of course that's what should be followed in the game. But i think this law needs reviewing. Rashford moves as if to control the ball and feints a move. His position / decision means that Ederson doesn't come out and Akanji holds back. He affects what happens. I feel if Rashford just stops and puts his arms up, then thats different all together. 

I don't disagree that the law needs reviewing in my mind as soon as he moves towards the ball he's off, but by the laws I'm wrong. My point was to the previous poster saying officials will hide behind the laws instead of using common sense. Common sense and subjectivity is all well and good but unfortunately it doesn't hold up if they rule out a goal that should stand by the rules of the game.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Raj said:

Always better to have a decent Man Ure team than them snivelling Scousers thinking they are all that.

Hope ManUre finish above City too!!!

I'd normally disagree with this but I cannot stand Pep and think it's hilarious that Man C are now a bit shit. One of my mates is a season ticket holder and he says they've been awful for months. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Look at Everton welcoming the bus. The fans drove them on to fight relegation last season. We will never have anything like that. We will go down with a whimper 

Everton directors to miss Southampton game over safety threat
Last updated on44 minutes ago44 minutes ago.

Everton's board of directors will not attend Saturday's Premier League game against Southampton because of a "real and credible threat to their safety".

The club said the directors were advised not to attend Goodison Park following "threatening correspondence".

Everton sources said club chief executive Denise Barrett-Baxendale was manhandled by a male fan after last week's 4-1 home defeat by Brighton.

"This is an unprecedented decision," a club spokesperson said.

"Never before has our entire board of directors been ordered not to attend a match on safety grounds."

Everton fan groups planned to protest at the 15:00 GMT match.

Everton said there have been "increasing incidents of anti-social behaviour, including targeted physical aggression" at recent home games.

They said the board "reluctantly accepted the outcome of the safety assessment carried out by security advisors".

Everton are 18th in the table, have not won in eight matches in all competitions and have been knocked out of both domestic cup competitions.

The Toffees narrowly escaped relegation last season and dropped into the bottom three after the loss to Brighton.

This month the Everton Fans' Forum wrote an open letter to owner Farhad Moshiri asking for "sweeping changes at chair, board and executive levels".

In response to the letter, Moshiri said he had faith in manager Frank Lampard and the directors.

More than 67 fan and social media groups, plus 21 official supporters' clubs, have combined for the #AllTogetherNow campaign.

For Saturday's fixture against Southampton, Everton fan groups said they would back Frank Lampard and the team with "full-blooded support" during the game.

However, they planned to stage a sit-in protest after the game with banners to "highlight Farhad Moshiri's failure to change and strengthen chair, board and executive positions at the club".

Following the club's statement on Saturday, the Everton Fans' Forum said: "Everyone involved in our campaign and indeed every reasonable Evertonian utterly and completely condemn any threats to any Everton employee and/or officials and directors of the club."

6 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

When  was the rule changed regarding needing to touch the ball for it to be offside? Remember Barnes either last season or the season before disalowing a goal against brighton from a corner as he was near the keeper?

It hasn't. We're just not Manchester United.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Look at Everton welcoming the bus. The fans drove them on to fight relegation last season. We will never have anything like that. We will go down with a whimper 

Yeah just saw this and to think it's against Saints in January.

It's pretty amazing really.

We would NEVER get that.

9 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I'd normally disagree with this but I cannot stand Pep and think it's hilarious that Man C are now a bit shit. One of my mates is a season ticket holder and he says they've been awful for months. 

The team is generally aging and opposing teams are now getting wise to Haaland. Obviously still a good team but dominant no. Liverpool and Chelsea are also back with the pack.

14 minutes ago, davieG said:

Everton directors to miss Southampton game over safety threat
Last updated on44 minutes ago44 minutes ago.

Everton's board of directors will not attend Saturday's Premier League game against Southampton because of a "real and credible threat to their safety".

The club said the directors were advised not to attend Goodison Park following "threatening correspondence".

Everton sources said club chief executive Denise Barrett-Baxendale was manhandled by a male fan after last week's 4-1 home defeat by Brighton.

"This is an unprecedented decision," a club spokesperson said.

"Never before has our entire board of directors been ordered not to attend a match on safety grounds."

Everton fan groups planned to protest at the 15:00 GMT match.

Everton said there have been "increasing incidents of anti-social behaviour, including targeted physical aggression" at recent home games.

They said the board "reluctantly accepted the outcome of the safety assessment carried out by security advisors".

Everton are 18th in the table, have not won in eight matches in all competitions and have been knocked out of both domestic cup competitions.

The Toffees narrowly escaped relegation last season and dropped into the bottom three after the loss to Brighton.

This month the Everton Fans' Forum wrote an open letter to owner Farhad Moshiri asking for "sweeping changes at chair, board and executive levels".

In response to the letter, Moshiri said he had faith in manager Frank Lampard and the directors.

More than 67 fan and social media groups, plus 21 official supporters' clubs, have combined for the #AllTogetherNow campaign.

For Saturday's fixture against Southampton, Everton fan groups said they would back Frank Lampard and the team with "full-blooded support" during the game.

However, they planned to stage a sit-in protest after the game with banners to "highlight Farhad Moshiri's failure to change and strengthen chair, board and executive positions at the club".

Following the club's statement on Saturday, the Everton Fans' Forum said: "Everyone involved in our campaign and indeed every reasonable Evertonian utterly and completely condemn any threats to any Everton employee and/or officials and directors of the club."

Yep!!! And we don’t even get Rodgers out banners/chants etc 

I reckon,this will be a season for those middle clubs to make some mark..

Newcastle,Fulham, Brighton,Brentford, Manutd pushing to show they are slowly finding their form.

See who drops off,or hold their hights until EOS

Arsenals title to lose..( even double) …

Relegation.no idea 9 teams still in the pot…