Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

3 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Am I a bad person if I say I wouldn't mind Arsenal winning it this year? :(

No. I want them to win it. I like them more than the other three current top 4 clubs. 

Just now, Super_horns said:

Will be getting a ban of some sort I suspect.

People spoil it. It’s a great rivalry, obviously hatred, always a great watch as a neutral. Just no need for that, then he gets away because stewards as usual do nothing.

Arsenal are good but nowhere near as good as the 98, 02 and 04 Wenger title winning teams. But yet they're competing against a behemoth of a football team in Man City.  I hope Arsenal go all the way.

• Like 1

Whether they end up winning the league or not, this is the best Arsenal team I’ve seen since the Invincibles. 

Arteta demands a certain level from his players, I wish we had a manager of his type. 

They stuck with their process, finally plugged the holes on what was a shit defence, and they are now reaping the rewards.

Giving the armband to Odegaard as well was a fantastic decision, what a player.

• Like 1

Just watching those Arsenal players reacting to that idiot kicking Ramsdale and thinking what our team would do in that situation.

Vards would run head first into the stand

Youri will stand still doing his heart sign, eyes closed hoping he was invisible.

Amartey would probably kick our keeper too thinking it was the fan.

Brendan will be telling the lads to calm down as Spurs are a beautiful club and we should appreciate being there.

Top will be busy offering everyone a free coffee.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

Whether they end up winning the league or not, this is the best Arsenal team I’ve seen since the Invincibles. 

Arteta demands a certain level from his players, I wish we had a manager of his type. 

They stuck with their process, finally plugged the holes on what was a shit defence, and they are now reaping the rewards.

Giving the armband to Odegaard as well was a fantastic decision, what a player.

Well, the Invincible season was 03/04 and Arsenal were still good for another two years despite not winning the league.

• Like 1

As with all good teams  ,you have to work hard even if you have quality. 

Arsenal have this in abundance.

This is where we're lacking,  as well as poor tactics. 

Get this bit right and we could survive but I don't think we will unless we change the manager 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Just watching those Arsenal players reacting to that idiot kicking Ramsdale and thinking what our team would do in that situation.

Vards would run head first into the stand

Youri will stand still doing his heart sign, eyes closed hoping he was invisible.

Amartey would probably kick our keeper too thinking it was the fan.

Brendan will be telling the lads to calm down as Spurs are a beautiful club and we should appreciate being there.

Top will be busy offering everyone a free coffee.

Looking at their interactions I don't think he needs an excuse to do that

28 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Am I a bad person if I say I wouldn't mind Arsenal winning it this year? :(

Yes! I’ve hated them since Rodney Fern had a perfect goal disallowed in ‘71 I think it was. And as for Arteta….. Grrrrrr

Guest Col city fan

Really good win for The Arsenal today.

Very controlled win. Got on top early on, got the goals, then soaked up pressure and tried to hit on the break.

Ramsdale was exemplary again today. Can’t for the life of me work out how Pickford gets in over him anymore. 
I’d genuinely not be surprised if United go on to get very close to winning the league this term. 
But Arsenal have undertaken an astonishing turn around under Arteta.

Edited by Col city fan

52 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Cannot stand the way Arteta behaves and acts on the touchline but fvck me fair play, the way he has got that squad playing, young players playing fearless attacking football and it's not all about that tippy tappy shite just for the sake of it.

Yeah imagine having a moaning berating manager on the touchline...players might see and think he actually cares about the club..🙄

• Like 2