Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

possibly but if ramsdale isn’t an arsehole then nothing happens 

He isn't, he's no worse than Vardy. Always willing to give it back to fans that have been giving it out all game. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Am I a bad person if I say I wouldn't mind Arsenal winning it this year? :(

I am far from having sympathies for Arsenal,but they have had a positive,interesting rebuild. Players have put in shifts and earned respect.

They deserve to be where they are,Manager been wise and clever in his presentation outwards…If any top 6 create positive play and form, I won’t deny them their titles…this season,Arsenal best PL team,accompanied by exciting football…

and next season I can hope they get brought down to size,cos I don’t like them…

but bloody hard not to,when they carry on performing…

• Like 1

Everton fans right to protest, threaten players too.. no. I do agree some players are arseholes and don't half like to soak it up when things go well but when things turn soar instead of taking responsibility they hide away. However to stop players going home and banging on car windows is to extreme.

Edited by Leicesterpool

I don’t dislike Some of the oil rich clubs. 

Manchester City and Newcastle for instance. Whilst having wads of cash, they’ve hardly been aggressive with it (so far).

However the approach Chelsea are taking is both insane and bizarre. 

13 minutes ago, Sly said:

I don’t dislike Some of the oil rich clubs. 

Manchester City and Newcastle for instance. Whilst having wads of cash, they’ve hardly been aggressive with it (so far).

However the approach Chelsea are taking is both insane and bizarre. 

Man City definitely have. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jawdee said:

It probably was, but Burn should have been penalised for a shirt pull about 30 seconds beforehand, swings and roundabouts I guess.

See I think Ried is just trying a stopover when Trippier shoves his foot into the situation preventing Ried from doing so. Trippier doesn't get the ball, only impedes Ried. It's like jumping from a bridge onto the third lane of a motorway and then complaing about a vehicle hitting you. At no point does Trippier win the ball and his actions prevent Ried from continuing, so its never a foul on Trippier and is a foul on Ried, regardless of if Ried's foot stands on Trippiers.

20 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

See I think Ried is just trying a stopover when Trippier shoves his foot into the situation preventing Ried from doing so. Trippier doesn't get the ball, only impedes Ried. It's like jumping from a bridge onto the third lane of a motorway and then complaing about a vehicle hitting you. At no point does Trippier win the ball and his actions prevent Ried from continuing, so its never a foul on Trippier and is a foul on Ried, regardless of if Ried's foot stands on Trippiers.

I'd say firstly, if it's not given on the pitch, it's not a clear and obvious error as per the (ridiculous) high bar rule required for VAR involvement. 

My view of the actual incident is that Reid treads on Trippier, then Trippier catches his heel with the follow through. Reid then theatrically throws himself to the ground. It's extremely soft. 

As I've said though, Burn's shirt tug probably should have been awarded, so can't grumble too much. 

1 minute ago, Jawdee said:

I'd say firstly, if it's not given on the pitch, it's not a clear and obvious error as per the (ridiculous) high bar rule required for VAR involvement. 

My view of the actual incident is that Reid treads on Trippier, then Trippier catches his heel with the follow through. Reid then theatrically throws himself to the ground. It's extremely soft. 

As I've said though, Burn's shirt tug probably should have been awarded, so can't grumble too much. 

So Trippier's left foot swinging around to kick Reid, is as a result of a follow through where Reid caught Trippier? How? 

Also, that version of clear and obvious is harsh - referees may miss something due to the angle they're viewing from. So something not given on the pitch isn't just because a referee saw and missed it. They might not have seen something altogether but by your ruling it'll never be given, which would be unfair. 

15 minutes ago, Jawdee said:

But as I said, it irrelevant that Rieds foot ends up on top of Trippiers, because this only occurs because Trippier places his foot into the that situation and doesn't win the ball. His actions prevent Ried from continuing so its a foul on Ried.  By you theory, if a defenders lunges in with a sliding tackle, if the attacking players foot happens to land on the defenders leg during their running stride, then it's a foul by the striker, which is ludicrous. 

15 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

But as I said, it irrelevant that Rieds foot ends up on top of Trippiers, because this only occurs because Trippier places his foot into the that situation and doesn't win the ball. His actions prevent Ried from continuing so its a foul on Ried.  By you theory, if a defenders lunges in with a sliding tackle, if the attacking players foot happens to land on the defenders leg during their running stride, then it's a foul by the striker, which is ludicrous. 

At that point Trippier hasn't made a challenge. The offending foul was the follow through that catches Reid on the heel. 

16 minutes ago, Jawdee said:

At that point Trippier hasn't made a challenge. The offending foul was the follow through that catches Reid on the heel. 

Of course he has. What's he doing then, going out for a Sunday stroll? lol

2 hours ago, Jawdee said:

What follow through? Trippier swinging his left leg isn't a follow through of anything. He's gone to kick the ball, missed, and kicked Reid instead.