Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

3 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Blimey do you support Newcastle or something?

It's all pretty redundant because a penalty should have been awarded for the Burn shirt pull. I just think the second shout was really soft, I'd be saying the same if it wasn't Newcastle.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Board have proper gaslit the Everton fans here. 

That's seriously shady and disgusting. 

This claim about the headlock isn't adding up, too. Why did it take 11 days to come out? Why has nobody witnessed it or on CCTV? The boardroom area would surely be heavily stewarded and protected as well.

14 minutes ago, Jawdee said:

It's all pretty redundant because a penalty should have been awarded for the Burn shirt pull. I just think the second shout was really soft, I'd be saying the same if it wasn't Newcastle.

I certainly hope you wouldn't. I was first alerted to this by a Newcastle supporting mate of mine. I looked on twitter to find only Newcastle fans saying its a foul on Trippier. I've since mentioned it in the office today, just for curiosity sake to fans of Spurs, Arsenal, WBA, Coventry, Man Utd, Villa, Leicester, and Liverpool. They'd all seen it and none of them thought it was a foul on Trippier.

You can argue its soft penalty by all means (its not btw Trippiers left leg takes Reids legs from under him), but its ridiculous to argue its a foul on Trippier, that's one thing it wasn't.

14 minutes ago, Corky said:

This claim about the headlock isn't adding up, too. Why did it take 11 days to come out? Why has nobody witnessed it or on CCTV? The boardroom area would surely be heavily stewarded and protected as well.

Yeah it didn't happen at all lol

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Yeah, wouldn't change anything. Anyone who asked a pressing question would be banned from attending the conferences again.

Would be far worse, you would have random uninformed gimps (aka politicians) just spouting meaningless platitudes

At least managers can occassionally put their foot in it

27 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

In an era of sugar daddies and insane money, the lack of connection with the club we follow is maybe the thing that hurts the most. If you support Leicester, you don't support them expecting them to win major trophies frequently. We may not win the FA Cup or Premier League again in our lifetimes. But we support them because of a connection. Probably being born in the area, but maybe through some other reason. It doesn't really matter - something about the club made us choose to support them.

Fans can and will get behind the club when they understand what's going on. We'll even forgiven mistakes if we are treated as people instead of just bums on seats and revenue in an Excel spread sheet. We could even create a siege mentality around the club if all fans were brought into what's going on. The silence from the club honestly feels so disrespectful to us fans and I hate it.

I don't know if you've seen this, but the Spanish player Lucas Perez who used to play for Arsenal and was once linked with us, paid $500K of his own money to buy out his own contract so he could play for Deportivo Coruna who are in the Spanish equivalent of League Two because they are broke and struggling. The atmosphere on his return was incredible and reminded of the romance that football can have. Even though they are struggling, all their fans are with the club and it showed on the pitch.  

Was it ever different, sure owners were most likely local business people but it seems to me they were still seen as untouchable/approachable and hardly ever heard from. Considering most fans were working class that more than likely worked in their or similar factories on the shop floor.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, davieG said:

Was it ever different, sure owners were most likely local business people but it seems to me they were still seen as untouchable/approachable and hardly ever heard from. Considering most fans were working class that more than likely worked in their or similar factories on the shop floor.

The Walk for Vichai, and song about him shows me that there was / is a connection between owners and fans. The door was and is still open to make that close bond between us. But sadly I don't think it will be what it could be.

I'll give you another incredible example. Union Berlin have risen to 5th in the Bundesliga. Years ago, their fans donated their own blood to pay for stadium repairs and helped rebuild it. Now a lot of that is down to the 50+1 rule over there, but still it shows what football can and should mean to players and owners. 

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The Walk for Vichai, and song about him shows me that there was / is a connection between owners and fans. The door was and is still open to make that close bond between us. But sadly I don't think it will be what it could be.

I'll give you another incredible example. Union Berlin have risen to 5th in the Bundesliga. Years ago, their fans donated their own blood to pay for stadium repairs and helped rebuild it. Now a lot of that is down to the 50+1 rule over there, but still it shows what football can and should mean to players and owners. 

Agree with those examples but they are clearly the exception rather than the norm sadly that that is how it is and on the whole always has been. Seemingly a lot, lot worse especially in the PL. I guess when they are owned by consortiums or very rich people, who tend to naturally keep themselves separate in the normal lives any closeness is going to be difficult.

• Like 2

If you want to see two Prem clubs play a no-VAR match, tune into the Wolves-Liverpool Cup match just underway.  Comms said an electrical outage has knocked out the communication with VAR.