Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

33 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

yeah but we spunked money on the likes of Vestergaard etc

Not saying for one minute he has been any good, but when we signed Vesty, as I recall we needed a centre half….Olise not quite suitable….it is easy after the event we should have signed….weren’t we in for Edouard? Should we have?

https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/sports-business-group/articles/deloitte-football-money-league.html

Here’s the report. 

We are 17th in the world now. 

We are not a small club. We are just a baby shark, in shark infested waters. 

8th in the Premier League.

17th in the world. 

The Premier League is, and will continue to be the Super League. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Not saying for one minute he has been any good, but when we signed Vesty, as I recall we needed a centre half….Olise not quite suitable….it is easy after the event we should have signed….weren’t we in for Edouard? Should we have?

I think anyone with eyes knew the Southampton duo were no good. Speaks volumes I was getting messaged by a saints fan laughing his head off at us for taking him let alone spending what we did. 

4 hours ago, Sly said:

https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/sports-business-group/articles/deloitte-football-money-league.html

Here’s the report. 

17th in the world. 

It doesn't mean we're not ****ed if we go down.

I like the way Danny Ings goes about his business

Didn't his move to Villa come out of absolutely nowhere?

Anyway he's just gone to West Ham for £15m without a whisper about it lol 

8 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Good bit of business for West Ham United, they've been demanding for a striker for years. Strange Villa have let him go considering he was starting to find form at Villa. 

West Ham sign striker quite often, they are just rarely successful signings.

6 hours ago, Sly said:

Here’s the report. 

17th in the world. 

Geordie here, not on the wind up or owt, just genuinely curious. 

Leicester are one of the richest clubs on the planet, so why's there lots of talk about you needing to reduce your wage bill or sell your stars?

Just now, TheFish said:

Deloitte says your revenue is beaten by only 16 teams. That's pretty, pretty rich.

We have an expenditure problem not an income problem. Our wage to turnover ratio for last year's accounts was 86% IIRC. We're overpaying squad players we can't shift.

The average wage is somewhere around the £80k p/w mark, lots of our players don't even pay 10% of available minutes too.

11 minutes ago, Stadt said:

We have an expenditure problem not an income problem. Our wage to turnover ratio for last year's accounts was 86% IIRC. We're overpaying squad players we can't shift.

The average wage is somewhere around the £80k p/w mark, lots of our players don't even pay 10% of available minutes too.

Aye, we're in a similar pickle. I think ours is 95%. Hopefully we'll be able to get a few players off our books by writing off their contracts. But we've got a lot of stodge, sounds like we're sending Wood to Forest with an option/obligation to buy. But we've still got players like Ryan Fraser, Karl Darlow, etc.

9 hours ago, Sly said:

Our recent history wages ratio is bonkers compared to the other 20, other than Everton, 

What is it? Sorry, I thought it was on the link you provided but that's just revenue.

We've made that money and we're in a relegation battle, what a joke.