Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Trossard signing for Arsenal, the reported fee is around the £27m mark. This is a sensible signing, PL experience, fairly low-risk and will provide good cover for Martinelli and Saka.

I also think that not engaging in a bidding war with Chelsea for Murdyk will turn out to be a good decision. Not only is he unproven in this league, but when a players signs for a sum like that, then they are completely in the spotlight and scrutinised heavily. If I was chasing a league title, I wouldn’t want that….

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Trossard signing for Arsenal, the reported fee is around the £27m mark. This is a sensible signing, PL experience, fairly low-risk and will provide good cover for Martinelli and Saka.

I also think that not engaging in a bidding war with Chelsea for Murdyk will turn out to be a good decision. Not only is he unproven in this league, but when a players signs for a sum like that, then they are completely in the spotlight and scrutinised heavily. If I was chasing a league title, I wouldn’t want that….

Trossard is a cracking signing imho. £21m is great value. That's a good piece of business imho.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Poxy Arsenal 🤬🤬🤬

5 hours ago, Fox92 said:

What is it? Sorry, I thought it was on the link you provided but that's just revenue.

We've made that money and we're in a relegation battle, what a joke.

86% of turnover is spent on wages based on the last accounts if I remember correctly 

Edited by Stadt
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, TheFish said:

Aye, we're in a similar pickle. I think ours is 95%. Hopefully we'll be able to get a few players off our books by writing off their contracts. But we've got a lot of stodge, sounds like we're sending Wood to Forest with an option/obligation to buy. But we've still got players like Ryan Fraser, Karl Darlow, etc.

Just shows the main reason for buying Wood for 3 times his value was to weaken Burnley and send them down. 

• Like 1