Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Don’t know whether I’ve just become accustomed to it lol But I don’t see why Man City fans should be hammered for booing them off at half time yesterday, they were extremely poor in their first half and haven’t been anywhere near their best recently. I imagine it was more just an outlet to voice their frustration that it wasn’t good enough, sort it out, rather than the fans ignoring their recent success and calling their team rubbish as the media are pushing this morning. 

Seems like many just want fans to be happy to be in attendance of top flight football and clap when told to do so.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Don’t know whether I’ve just become accustomed to it lol But I don’t see why Man City fans should be hammered for booing them off at half time yesterday, they were extremely poor in their first half and haven’t been anywhere near their best recently. I imagine it was more just an outlet to voice their frustration that it wasn’t good enough, sort it out, rather than the fans ignoring their recent success and calling their team rubbish as the media are pushing this morning. 

Seems like many just want fans to be happy to be in attendance of top flight football and clap when told to do so.

I wouldn't say that. It's just that some fans only seem to contribute to the atmosphere when it's a boo. I think that's what, rightly, pissed Pep off "It's the same with our fans, they are silent for 45 minutes. They booed because we were losing".

Which is my point with our fans. I don't mind fans booing but when it's the only thing they do it's a bit frustrating. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Shameful demotivating Pep calling out players in public.  :ph34r:

Preparing the players for when Rodgers takes over.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Death by Football said:

Just shows the main reason for buying Wood for 3 times his value was to weaken Burnley and send them down. 

Looks like he's off to Nottingham Forest. Loan Fee + £15m if certain criteria are met. If he does, we've filled a gap in our team for a season, had a useful option from the bench and sent Burnley down for around £5m. That's pretty good business.

27 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

True though. He criticised the fans too, as well as the players, in public.

Only Rodgers does it though, right.

And he'llbe doing it to get a reaction from his players and the fans. Brendan does it to protect brand Brendan. The Man City fans booing after a bad 45 minutes is a bit different to our scenario however much you try to make it the same. 

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It’s the same, I know people will say it’s not (Lord Pep versus self-serving Goblin), but it has the same intent, a gentle buck up ideas folks (players and fans)

The only difference is at which starting point you view it from, a point of its-pep-he-can-do-no-wrong or a this-clown-shat-in-my-shoes-and-spent-our-money viewpoint.

Still think we need a reboot and the obvious way is a new manager,  but it it’s the no-nuance crap I cannot be arsed with.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I wouldn't say that. It's just that some fans only seem to contribute to the atmosphere when it's a boo. I think that's what, rightly, pissed Pep off "It's the same with our fans, they are silent for 45 minutes. They booed because we were losing".

Which is my point with our fans. I don't mind fans booing but when it's the only thing they do it's a bit frustrating. 

I do get that, and I agree to an extent. In my mind those who make no noise at our games, genuinely don't seem to get involved in anything unless they have a clapper in their hand and a monotonous beat to go along to.

39 minutes ago, TheFish said:

Looks like he's off to Nottingham Forest. Loan Fee + £15m if certain criteria are met. If he does, we've filled a gap in our team for a season, had a useful option from the bench and sent Burnley down for around £5m. That's pretty good business.

The fact Forest are stupid enough to pay that money for him now doesn't change the fact that at the time he was bought for silly money not as an "option from the bench" but to weaken a rival that can't afford to match what the Saudis are willing to pay.  Seems a bit sh!t to me.  I can't argue that it's not been successful for the reasons you say - I just think it leaves a bad taste.

• Like 1

Difference between pep doing this and Brendan is Pep will actually get a positive reaction.

He will no doubt be talking to his squad to justify what he believe. Guaranteed they will respond.

Our Brendan doesnt have the substance  to get a reaction.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

And he'llbe doing it to get a reaction from his players and the fans. Brendan does it to protect brand Brendan. The Man City fans booing after a bad 45 minutes is a bit different to our scenario however much you try to make it the same. 

Oh course, when Rodgers does it its to protect himself because you've all decided.

Also I wasn't comparing the situations both clubs are in I was just pointing out the fact that other managers call fans out too. It's not the first time Pep has done it at Man City either.

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Oh course, when Rodgers does it its to protect himself because you've all decided.

Also I wasn't comparing the situations both clubs are in I was just pointing out the fact that other managers call fans out too. It's not the first time Pep has done it at Man City either.

For what it's worth I have no problem with managers calling for more from the fans, including Brendan. We'll have to agree to disagree on Rodgers motives for doing so but imo he'll do anything to deflect blame away from himself. Pep did it after a win as well after getting a reaction from his players at half time

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Shameful demotivating Pep calling out players in public.  :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I'm not really sure why this is some sort of gotcha. Every manager in history (who has had success at least) has occasionally put the boot up his players when he wants to get them a little bit angry and fired up, particularly a team like Man City that has had persistent success. 

The difference is Rodgers repeatedly and consistently throwing his players under the bus, through good times and bad, over the years he's been here. 

Trying to draw attention to Pep's man management to make a point about Rodgers isn't really the gotcha you think it is, it's shooting yourself in the foot. Look at the reaction Pep got tonight and look at the reaction Rodgers gets from our lot. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1