Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Chelsea have the FFP space to do it though due to player sales and net spend. Especially with the lengthy amortisation stuff which makes it even easier. 

It will catch up with them in a couple of seasons though unless they make big sales again. 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64299294

Ya these buys could prove hard to rid of  especially if they dont pan out.

I don’t believe Boehly has a clue what’s he’s doing. The transfer policy borders on embarrassing, plucking names out of the sky or because someone else wants them, it’s like the guy is playing football manager.

They’ll be completely stuck with those players if they don’t work out, which some of them won’t, because that’s football.

2 minutes ago, Apollo said:

I don’t believe Boehly has a clue what’s he’s doing. The transfer policy borders on embarrassing, plucking names out of the sky or because someone else wants them, it’s like the guy is playing football manager.

They’ll be completely stuck with those players if they don’t work out, which some of them won’t, because that’s football.

Yeah it’s a recipe for a disaster. There’s no well formed plan. 

4 hours ago, Sly said:

Chelsea’s spending is crazy. 

They’re no better for it either. 

That is the remarkable thing for me. All that money to still be starting the likes of Gallagher and 50-year-old Azpilicueta. Stockpiling wingers and support strikers while none of their actual strikers ever seem to do anything and at the base of midfield Kante and Jorginho are both into their 30s with contracts up at the end of the season, the former perpetually injured to boot. Keep it up Todd.

Chelsea will be fine. They’ve brought in clever backroom staff and Boelhy is willing to throw money at it. He seems like he’ll learn from his mistakes too.

Their current squad is mediocre for their standards so getting better players in and by extension, giving Potter more of a chance is a wiser move than just sacking Potter as a throw of the dice.

BT Sport are genuinely talking about Potter and Klopp's job security.

Meanwhile, at Leicester, Nothing to see here!

(I appreciate they're covering the Liverpool v Chelsea game they're not going to break away and talk about us or Rodger's position, that's not what i'm expecting, the point i'm making is even when covering our games or where there is a debate to be had on other teams, everything seems absolutely fine here to the media)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

BT Sport are genuinely talking about Potter and Klopp's job security.

Meanwhile, at Leicester, Nothing to see here!

(I appreciate they're covering the Liverpool v Chelsea game they're not going to break away and talk about us or Rodger's position, that's not what i'm expecting, the point i'm making is even when covering our games or where there is a debate to be had on other teams, everything seems absolutely fine here to the media)

So why post and make a point about it then lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

So why post and make a point about it then lol

Originally the post was about how can their jobs even be in jeopardy.

One's only just walked through the door, the other has how do you say it..."Credit in the bank".

21 hours ago, J. James said:

City looking favourites to bring in Stoke city's Harry Souttar.

Born in Aberdeen but chose to play for Aussie, l wonder why?🤔

Clue: rearrange these words ..play -to - cups - world - in - occasionally.

Ok I give up, what is it?