Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Surely this is going to be the most pointless buildup to end of season awards ever. 

If every single player/pundit doesn’t vote Haaland to win all the PFA player of the year, Footballer of the Year and Young Player of the Year awards then someone is desperately trying to be a bit contrarian.

1 minute ago, David Hankey said:

And why would either of them want him?

In Everton's case, they might want someone that can come in and get the club on the up like Rodgers did when he first got here. While I want Rodgers out, let's not forget the first period of his tenure here was actually quite good. 

As for Spurs, it's more hope than anything as in it's just another option for him to go somewhere else.

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Surely this is going to be the most pointless buildup to end of season awards ever. 

If every single player/pundit doesn’t vote Haaland to win all the PFA player of the year, Footballer of the Year and Young Player of the Year awards then someone is desperately trying to be a bit contrarian.

Anyone over 21 shouldn't be winning Young Player Of The Year. 

Just now, StanSP said:

In Everton's case, they might want someone that can come in and get the club on the up like Rodgers did when he first got here. While I want Rodgers out, let's not forget the first period of his tenure here was actually quite good. 

As for Spurs, it's more hope than anything as in it's just another option for him to go somewhere else.

Right, genuinely trying to be impartial and see other views here but he did well here with what Puel built and the dirty work he did, Everton ain't got that, they're in disarray.

I somewhat (although not completely) agree with comments of "Rodgers would do well for the first 2 years" when people have spoke of him going to other clubs.

Everton though? I really don't see. Like us, Everton need a builder, Rodgers is not that, couldn't be further removed.

He'd actually be far more suited to Spurs and be potentially somewhat a 'success' for the first 2 years as people speak of.

I don’t know where to post this but I have thought of a rule and can’t believe it isn’t already in place. Basically whenever a ref stops play due to a player complaining it’s a head injury, that player should be off the pitch for 5 mins. I think players are using this as an excuse to stop play and Mac Allister did it yesterday. It’s tough as the ref has to stop even if the player is faking it. My rule would surely stop this as teams won’t want to be down to 10 men for a period. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I don’t know where to post this but I have thought of a rule and can’t believe it isn’t already in place. Basically whenever a ref stops play due to a player complaining it’s a head injury, that player should be off the pitch for 5 mins. I think players are using this as an excuse to stop play and Mac Allister did it yesterday. It’s tough as the ref has to stop even if the player is faking it. My rule would surely stop this as teams won’t want to be down to 10 men for a period. 

"accidentally" elbow Haaland in the head ... get him off the pitch for 5 minutes?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Well that's just silly. You genuinely hurt your head and you get a 5 min sin bin.... 

8 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

It used to be called gamesmanship now it's just downright cheating. Anyway whatever happens these clever sods would think of something else to waste time.

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Well that's just silly. You genuinely hurt your head and you get a 5 min sin bin.... 

I think you should get asked to go off and have a proper concussion assessment for a couple of minutes. No time limit, and away from the managers who might pressure them to get the player back on. 

21 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Agreed. Anything to clamp down on cheating. 

• Like 1