Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

Best game I've watched this season.

Nketiah will probs get Motm but Zinchenko was unreal, as was Bukayo Saka. Some talent in that Arsenal team.

He was all over the pitch wasn't he? Floated over to CM, RB, RW or CAM at times lol

He would get my man of the match.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

If it wasn’t for that nob of a manager whose played the entire half as left winger, I’d be quite chuffed for Arsenal as they seem a bunch of decent blokes 

Yeah most if not all of their real gimps who made them very easy to dislike seem to have moved on and been replaced by better players. Arteta and some of their online fans are weirdos but aside from that I don't really have a problem with them.

• Like 3

Does feel like Arsenal's season, but I am still to see how they cope with european football and a title run. All their key players apart from Jesus are playing and in form, so what happens if they run into some injuries. Also still have both games against Man City left in this campaign. But right now they look sensational. 

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

If it wasn’t for that nob of a manager whose played the entire half as left winger, I’d be quite chuffed for Arsenal as they seem a bunch of decent blokes 

I'd rather Arteta's passion that a bloke scribbling in a notebook looking both clueless and unbothered.

Thought Arsenal were excellent, especially that last 20 minutes, fully deserved win. Man United flattered to deceive again, they're still miles of it, not yet convinced by Ten Haag's approach of just signing players he knows.

Perhaps the greatest thing you can say about Arteta is that he's not just emulated Pep's boring football, but expanded upon it. They're willing to go direct and early if they can. That last 20 minutes was the greatest example of how to break down a deep defence I've seen for a long long time.

• Like 1

You know what guys? I don't mind Arsenal to win it even though I have laughed at them all these years. Their manager is adventurous in his tactics and gives the freedom to his players to create. Well done to Arteta. 

On the other hand Rodgers had almost the same ingredients to play like that and he's turned a bunch of talented players to side passing robots. Absolute disgrace. 

1 minute ago, Jonezy said:

Does feel like Arsenal's season, but I am still to see how they cope with european football and a title run. All their key players apart from Jesus are playing and in form, so what happens if they run into some injuries. Also still have both games against Man City left in this campaign. But right now they look sensational. 

Well Arsenal have not won league since 2004 so would not mind if they won it

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

1 minute ago, sm1 said:

Never, would never want them and their cvnty fans & manager to win the PL. 

And that’s why Arsenal are doing as well as they are.

Arteta might be annoying but his passion and demand of a certain level is what drives their team.

Wish we had a manager like that instead of a guy who’s only commitment is to clap like a seal.

Guest bennytwohats

I find it hard not to be slightly bitter watching arsenal considering where we both were a few years ago. They’ve definitely got that belief and togetherness. Hope they go on to win it

9 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Yeah I'd much rather have a spineless manager who shows no fight/passion.

7 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Neville summed it up best earlier in the match, that was like watching retro Arsenal vs Man United.

Most entertaining Premier League game of the season so far.

I was thinking during the game, how many games in recent times (The last few seasons) will be looked back on as classic, retro, standout, exciting games? 

For all the talent in the game, it signifies how sanitised, robotic and stale the game has gone, i'm sure its not as simple as looking back nostalgically. 

This truly was a classic.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ChownLC said:

Yeah I'd much rather have a spineless manager who shows no fight/passion.

I dunno you can do that from your technical area. Don’t know why people have twisted what I said into saying you should have a Rodgers esque dummy.

You can be passionate without needing to berate the ref and run out a huge technical areas

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

So for me..

Top 2 sorted....

Top 3-8 sorted but not the End positions...

Middle table will hold and be stable,twists & turns on End position..

13 bottom teams will depend who wants to fight and grab hold of the safety-net..maybe 1 max 2 teams could find form and push for top 10-8..

The rest whoever they are going into March position will be hoping grabbing at straws to pull the longer ones...

Leicester's fortunes we'll know IMO in 5-6 games if we have find the old fighting spirit or not...at present lost in the gutter,but a good splash will either wash us totally away or spurt us over the pavement to find us singing in the rain pushing top 12...keeping those other wavering sides at Bay...

Can we bottom 13 pull .Villa back down to join us..A.Villa next.Fixtures could see their extra points gap pulled back.

So far Leeds like always look promising with their decent huffing & puffing,but they haven't yet blown any houses down..

Palace,Brentford look well  safe...

W.ham will be like us, win,but drop heavy points...so who can push the boat out..??  !

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

I was thinking during the game, how many games in recent times (The last few seasons) will be looked back on as classic, retro, standout, exciting games? 

For all the talent in the game, it signifies how sanitised, robotic and stale the game has gone, i'm sure its not as simple as looking back nostalgically. 

This truly was a classic.

All about having the right intensity and mindset.

Too many rival games nowadays tend to underwhelm, today felt like the first time in absolutely ages where Arsenal & Man Utd were truly back.

Two managers who demand a certain level and know the importance of the fixture. 

45 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Must be nice to have a Mansger to show SO much passion that he is nearly on the pitch playing.....

• Like 1