Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

7 hours ago, westernpark said:

Why would Leicester fans want Man City to win the league instead of Arsenal? If they’d been properly punished, we’d have had Champions League on two occasions. Granted we also messed it up ourselves. 

Plus, do Manchester City fans exist outside of Manchester at this point? I know literally none. 

I have so many Arsenal supporting friends and you can’t go anywhere without bumping into Arsenal fans. 

Striking up a conversation with a random:

Me - ”Hi”

Stranger “Hi”

Me - “How’s it going”?

Stranger - “I support Arsenal fam, real ting en it”

12 hours ago, sishades said:

Arsenal should have taken off the strikers and put 11 players behind the ball and just defended the penalty area. Daft!

Shows what you know.... everyone knows when defending a lead late in the game a good manager checks his notebook and brings on a clumsy striker 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Plus, do Manchester City fans exist outside of Manchester at this point? I know literally none. 

Yes. A lot.

They are the new upcoming "big club". In 20 years time they'll be all over. Arsenal/Liverpool/Man Utd fans are all over because they've always been a big club.

Makes me laugh when people try and pretend all Man City fans are just from Manchester. Every time I've been to an away game there, their fans are piling out of Manchester Picadilly station as much as our fans.

Didn’t know weather to post this here or the funny photos .

Surely he can’t think it would be worth staying longer than he already has if this is true. Or it could be to make other teams hurry up and try bid for him 

BB459B57-E9D7-4D37-BAFD-1EA4D34CB16D.jpeg

Just now, Blanchflower78 said:

Lampard appears to be off today. Could see an upturn in Evertons fortunes with a new manager bounce...

Top take note.

Brendan to Everton he only lives 30 miles away from their training ground.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, davieG said:

May be an image of 11 people and text that says "EPL MOST EXPENSIVE XI LUKAKU €111M MUDRYK €101M ANTONY €98M POGBA €101M GREALISH €114M SANCHO €83M CUCURELLA €71M MAGUIRE €91M VAN DIJK €86M FOFANA €86M ARRIZABALAGA €81M %"

You'd have a really hard time justifying any of those with the exception of VVD. 

Crazy that they're nearly all flops or at very least turned out to be no better than players signed for half or even a third of that. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You'd have a really hard time justifying any of those with the exception of VVD. 

Crazy that they're nearly all flops or at very least turned out to be no better than players signed for half or even a third of that. 

Kepa is a weird one because he's turned out a bit shit, but was very highly thought of and dealing with Bilbao is never going to be cheap. The others aside from Van Dijk, do seem like big clubs unnecessarily throwing a lot of cash around to quickly sign players rather than actually negotiating 

23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's mad - nearly a billion pounds worth of substitutes. And 9 of them signed by United or Chelsea.

52 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Football fans moan about players leaving, showing no loyalty, but then laugh when players do show loyalty.

Kane will retire with a good career, even if he wins nothing, he will end up Spurs' and England all time top scorer. Trophies don't define players and some great players, even some of our greatest players, have won next to nothing.

He would have left in the summer though if a bid came in and probably would have before then, but now will probably sign a new contract end up with no champions league football next season and with conte most likely to leave and spurs won’t spend massive amounts to add to their squad seems a bit of a waste for him to stay .

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Kepa is a weird one because he's turned out a bit shit, but was very highly thought of and dealing with Bilbao is never going to be cheap. The others aside from Van Dijk, do seem like big clubs unnecessarily throwing a lot of cash around to quickly sign players rather than actually negotiating 

The red flag with Kepa was when they didn't put up a fight and were happy selling him, and as you say they were always guaranteed a decent fee as they have to produce talent in the most part rather than buy it, so replacements aren't easy.... on that note, turned out they had twice the goalkeeper waiting in the wings in Unai Simon, he's now Spain number 1 lol 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I was about to say the same. There are a few there who might yet justify their fee (Antony, Fofana, Grealish, Mudryk) - remembering that it took Mahrez a couple of seasons to get going at Man City. But they might not.

To date, Van Dijk is the only one listed who remotely justifies the spend.

11 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I was about to say the same. There are a few there who might yet justify their fee (Antony, Fofana, Grealish, Mudryk) - remembering that it took Mahrez a couple of seasons to get going at Man City. But they might not.

To date, Van Dijk is the only one listed who remotely justifies the spend.

Grealish is trending in the opposite direction. Looks a lot like a rare signing Pep didn't want and felt obligated to play. IMO Man City signed him to address their poor image problem and felt the money was worth while to get in England's arguably most popular player at the time. 

He played him more first season than he usually does new players. Lots of his signings get introduced slowly until they learn his way of playing. He didn't, he got lobbed straight in and now the novelty has declined he's getting much less game time and I've even seen rumours they'd consider selling him. He's just not good enough for them and he's never really been a Pep type player. 

Antony and Fofana should come good for their sides but I don't see how they'll end up justifying those prices to be honest. 

And Mudryk. I mean that's just baffling. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AjcW said:

The red flag with Kepa was when they didn't put up a fight and were happy selling him, and as you say they were always guaranteed a decent fee as they have to produce talent in the most part rather than buy it, so replacements aren't easy.... on that note, turned out they had twice the goalkeeper waiting in the wings in Unai Simon, he's now Spain number 1 lol 

Release clause wasn't it, so not much they could do anyway. But yeah you're always probably having to activate release clauses of Bilbao players due to how they operate.

• Like 1