Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Looks like Everton will sack Lampard today and Dyche will be the one they replace him with.

At least when Everton still go down under Dyche I'll stop seeing his name on here.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Looks like Everton will sack Lampard today and Dyche will be the one they replace him with.

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

At least when Everton still go down under Dyche I'll stop seeing his name on here.

Dyche isn't in the running apparently. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, LVFox said:

Think the fans would be less than impressed with Dyche. They need someone to exite and get the fans on side. Postecoglu from Celtic would do the job.

Everton seem a shambles though.

Perfect job for Brendan.

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Dyche would rather come here , Let Brendan go to Everton then everyone is a winner.

Yeah lets appoint a manager who has already been relegated.

At least we're on the right track.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah lets appoint a manager who has already been relegated.

At least we're on the right track.

Im seeing interesting parallels between my previous thoughts on Howe being unable to change his style and your opinions on Dyche.

Hopefully you end up as wrong as I was if we do end up with him lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Im seeing interesting parallels between my previous thoughts on Howe being unable to change his style and your opinions on Dyche.

Hopefully you end up as wrong as I was if we do end up with him lol 

lol true. I actually do like Dyche as a person but this whole "he's could keep us up" "he would make us tigher at the back" is very weird considering he got relegated once and was on course for another relegation. Of course he overachieved getting Burnley into the league but I don't like the idea going for a manager that has already taken a team down.

Oh I'm still waiting for that pint or are we doing it when Howe wins the Premier League lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LVFox said:

I'm sure another former Liverpool manager would go down well.

They have a Liverpool supporting CB in their team, Brendan ticks a lot of boxes for the Everton board would be a good appointment and also for us to have a clean slate.

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Dyche isn't in the running apparently. 

Not stopping the Bookies still having him as favorite 

• Sean Dyche – 6/4
  • Marcelo Bielsa – 3/1
  • David Moyes – 6/1
  • Nuno Espirito Santo – 10/1
  • Wayne Rooney – 10/1
  • Sam Allardyce – 12/1
  • Duncan Ferguson – 12/1
  • Ange Postecoglou – 12/1
  • Domenico Tedesco – 12/1
  • Rafa Benitez – 14/1

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

lol true. I actually do like Dyche as a person but this whole "he's could keep us up" "he would make us tigher at the back" is very weird considering he got relegated once and was on course for another relegation. Of course he overachieved getting Burnley into the league but I don't like the idea going for a manager that has already taken a team down.

Oh I'm still waiting for that pint or are we doing it when Howe wins the Premier League lol

Not arsed by Dyche either way to be honest, would rather someone a bit different like Slot when we eventually bin Rodgers. However using the point that he got a side relegated isn't all that relevant really, Holloway took us down and took Blackpool and Palace up from the Championship.

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah save it for the title lol 

It's an interesting point though, Howe is a good example that more managers should take a 'gap year' and ignore available jobs to enrich their knowledge of the game. 

No idea if Dyche has done the same but he's approaching a similar period of time out of the job. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Not arsed by Dyche either way to be honest, would rather someone a bit different like Slot when we eventually bin Rodgers. However using the point that he got a side relegated isn't all that relevant really, Holloway took us down and took Blackpool and Palace up from the Championship.

Well it is. Dyche took Burnley up, that's not the point. The point is he also took them back down, as did Holloway with Blackpool.

5 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

• Sean Dyche – 6/4
  • Marcelo Bielsa – 3/1
  • David Moyes – 6/1
  • Wayne Rooney – 10/1
  • Sam Allardyce – 12/1
  • Duncan Ferguson – 12/1
  • Rafa Benitez – 14/1

I'd contribute to a go fund me if it meant I got to see some of those Everton lads attempt Bielsa Ball. 

Pretty sure it would send DCL, Demmy and Anthony Gordon into early retirement

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Yeah save it for the title lol 

It's an interesting point though, Howe is a good example that more managers should take a 'gap year' and ignore available jobs to enrich their knowledge of the game. 

No idea if Dyche has done the same but he's approaching a similar period of time out of the job. 

Good point. I believe Howe went away to Atletico and learnt from Simeone.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Well it is. Dyche took Burnley up, that's not the point. The point is he also took them back down, as did Holloway with Blackpool.

I'm saying discounting managers because they got relegated one time isn't relevant really. Holloway had taken us down and Blackpool from the Premier League within a few years and yet Palace still took him on and went up (notice they didn't discount a manager because he'd had some bad seasons) The situation is also entirely different to what it was at Burnley. 

Edited by Tommy Fresh

22 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

• Sean Dyche – 6/4
  • Marcelo Bielsa – 3/1
  • David Moyes – 6/1
  • Wayne Rooney – 10/1
  • Sam Allardyce – 12/1
  • Duncan Ferguson – 12/1
  • Rafa Benitez – 14/1

I would absolutely die of laughter if they went with Benitez again.

Please gods, make this happen :fc: