Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

44 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Where did you hear this?

My mate told me at weekend actually. But I looked it up earlier and apparently it's true.

Makes sense as to why Newcastle now cheat and time waste so much...

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

My mate told me at weekend actually. But I looked it up earlier and apparently it's true.

Makes sense as to why Newcastle now cheat and time waste so much...

So long as they don't start going around and breaking other team's player's legs... :protest:

2 minutes ago, stu said:

Bad news for us? It was inevitable I suppose... 

Indeed on both counts. 

I think they'll have enough of a new manager bounce to keep them safe eventually. 

Tough start for whoever comes in though. Arsenal (H) then the Merseyside Derby... 

12 minutes ago, stu said:

Alan Nixon suggesting they want Thomas Frank.

Sounds like a very expensive appointment considering they will have had to pay off Lampard too.

The Everton way...

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers is putting the feelers out that he'd be interested. Bit of a gamble though, on both parts. 

He ticks the Everton board requirements: former Liverpool manager, has won trophies etc. Probably be worshipped over there.

5 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Football fans moan about players leaving, showing no loyalty, but then laugh when players do show loyalty.

Kane will retire with a good career, even if he wins nothing, he will end up Spurs' and England all time top scorer. Trophies don't define players and some great players, even some of our greatest players, have won next to nothing.

The bloke has actively flirted with a move very publicly and I don't think signing the daft (and long) contract Spurs put in front of him years back is really indicative of any loyalty. If he stays there it'll be because Spurs are offering him more than anyone else at near 30. 

• Like 2

Everton are utter basket cases, they did this before. Signed players for the manager and then sacked him soon afterwards. The collection of players, bought for a succession of different managers are never going to fit together. 

• Like 1