Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Allardyce would be terrible. Their fans hated him last time, and despite his reputation for saving teams, he pretty much always starts terribly. 

Lazy appointment I think he'll only be there till the summer. No doubt there's a survival bonus he will put in place. If that was us I'd rather us go down than give him anything. If they gave him the job till the end of season, they'd still have the same problems next season. He's a short term fix.

Danjuma, who was set to be announced as a signing to cheer Everton fans up today, has apparently changed his mind and is on his way to Spurs lol 

Nice to always know... it could be worse

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

To a degree can you blame him? Who signed him? He agreed to join with a certain manager in charge. What if the new bloke doesn't fancy him?

Bielsa has disaster all over it. He's never taken over a team mid-season. The summer allows his chance to up his team fitness and get them used to the tempo he wants. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

Polish_20230124_145943739.thumb.jpg.857988a1ab4b3e098aeab5af0dad8256.jpgToffees fans dont seem so " he's not good enough for us" as many are on here.

But then neither were Potter or Howe (albeit we never had much chance of either).

When the ship is sinking wise people choose the toughest lifeboat not the racing yacht!

Edited by J. James
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, J. James said:

Toffees fans dont seem so " he's not good enough for us" as many are on here.

But the neither were Potter or Howe (albeit we never had much chance of either)

You probably need to state who "he" is :D

Unless I'm missing something obvious haha

58 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Danjuma, who was set to be announced as a signing to cheer Everton fans up today, has apparently changed his mind and is on his way to Spurs lol 

Nice to always know... it could be worse

38 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Some Everton fans actually don't mind this, considering they've avoided a player who can show these kinds of traits, and they've got enough players in disarray currently. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J. James said:

Polish_20230124_145943739.thumb.jpg.857988a1ab4b3e098aeab5af0dad8256.jpgToffees fans dont seem so " he's not good enough for us" as many are on here.

But then neither were Potter or Howe (albeit we never had much chance of either).

When the ship is sinking wise people choose the toughest lifeboat not the racing yacht!

Our players do not fit his style.

22 minutes ago, Corky said:

Our players do not fit his style.

What you mean keeping us in the prem style?

That style?

Dyche's style was dictated by having no budget and fighting (successfully in the main) a constant battle against relegation with battling displays and effort inspired by his leadership.

Our style is plodding side to side boredom, weakness and capitulation.

A defence that can't defend and an attack that can't score!

I'm reasonably certain (i.e.100%) that he would impart some grit and fight into our  flakes if nothing else AND play to the strengths at his disposal not trying to make our players into something they can never be!

But it's all academic because we have Rodgers and Everton will have Dyche.

And next season Everton will have Liverpool and we will have Luton.

Lets hope that "our style" is enough then.

Edited by J. James
  • Thanks 1

We had that happen once with Scott Dann. Agreed the fee and personal terms, and he was having his medical when Birmingham came in for him. He was on his phone to their manager during all that so we pulled out of the deal based on his attitude and told him to do one. 

If I was Everton I'd release all the photos/video of his signing on social media and then tag him and Spurs into it. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Now I've got visions of the Spurs media team giving the Everton media team and asking if they could borrow their video

It'd be entertaining if they somehow got hold of it and just edited it with Spurs gear but you could still see the blue trim in the background 

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

We had that happen once with Scott Dann. Agreed the fee and personal terms, and he was having his medical when Birmingham came in for him. He was on his phone to their manager during all that so we pulled out of the deal based on his attitude and told him to do one. 

If I was Everton I'd release all the photos/video of his signing on social media and then tag him and Spurs into it. 

Think it happened with us and Curtis Davies as well... He was pretty much signed and went to Birmingham (I think?!)