Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Not saying he’d abandon his project with Fulham but I see Marco Silva as someone Everton could / should target. Just feels a decent fit. My (very) dark horse in the race is Slaven Bilic. 

They still have half a season to stay up not just 8 games or so but still I agree that bringing in Bielsa mid season and telling the players to abandon everything they know about how the game is played and instead charge around like Benny Hill on acid would be a bonkers thing to impliment without a pre-season.

1 minute ago, fazzyfox said:

Not saying he’d abandon his project with Fulham but I see Marco Silva as someone Everton could / should target. Just feels a decent fit. My (very) dark horse in the race is Slaven Bilic. 

They still have half a season to stay up not just 8 games or so but still I agree that bringing in Bielsa mid season and telling the players to abandon everything they know about how the game is played and instead charge around like Benny Hill on acid would be a bonkers thing to impliment without a pre-season.

They sacked him only a few years ago 

Edited by AmarteyAndChill
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Bielsa in

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

For all the recent complaints about our owners, Everton is the warning of how bad it can be. Incredible really given the outlay on players and managers. 

Never been their biggest fans, but no fanbase deserves the shit they’ve been put through. 

If any fan base deserves shit they do 

17 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

£500 million for Everton? Big club yes, but I'm not sure many buyers would pay that much. Leaving it late as well, by the time they takeover the club they could already be relegated to the championship.

Gigantic, brand new stadium will be included in that don’t forget. 

32 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

£500 million for Everton? Big club yes, but I'm not sure many buyers would pay that much. Leaving it late as well, by the time they takeover the club they could already be relegated to the championship.

That’s a bargain if it incudes what’s been spent on Bramley dock and ownership of the stadium 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That’s a bargain if it incudes what’s been spent on Bramley dock and ownership of the stadium 

I thought that too.

For a club with their "potential" and history I hate to say it, as I'd love them to be relegated but  there arent many bigger.

4 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Could he not the sell club which probably much easier but still own the stadium. Then sell the stadium at a later stage. 

He could transfer the stadium to a different company and sell the club whilst keeping ownership of the stadium. But I suspect he knows that with the danger of relegation, he won’t get a quick sale.  By chucking the stadium in he maximises the fee and may get quite a lot of interest (which could drive the price up too)