Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

8 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Do we know what's included in the £500m? If it's everything in this asking price it's a bit of a bargain? 

They have about £150m debt to a very very shady offshore firm who make Macquarie look like the NYSE, £250m owed to Moshiri himself and they’ve started work on this new £500m stadium with no funding in place for it. They have a complete shitshow of a squad built with no purpose or plan and if they do go down I’d imagine they’ll be close to Portsmouth levels of danger. 

There’s actually not a great deal of talent in the squad to sell to balance those books and looks like Moshiri wants to get out before it all goes tits up

4 minutes ago, Torten said:

Pope is a bit underrated, but it helps to have a solid defence in front of him that Newcastle have at the moment. 

As in, if he were our keeper he wouldn’t have nearly as many clean sheets!

He would imo, because he's a better goalkeeper.

There have been plenty of goals we've conceded that a better keeper, like Pope, would have saved.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He would imo, because he's a better goalkeeper.

There have been plenty of goals we've conceded that a better keeper, like Pope, would have saved.

Sure we’d be better off, but we concede at least two goals a game a lot of time time and as poor as he’s been they aren’t always solely down to Ward.

1 hour ago, TheFish said:

I knew he was good, didn't think he'd be this ****ing good. He hasn't conceded since November, against Southampton. 

I mean let’s face this stat is pretty misleading. That have played us twice in that time so that’s a clear unfair advantage. 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Not Southgate...

I agree in part. But the whole “what has Pickford ever done wrong” thing does ring quite true for England. 

It’s not uncommon for international teams to have 3 top class keepers. Spain a great example. 

Much like Maguire, Pickford is a different animal for England 

• Like 1

Pope & Newcastle are benefiting having an injury free settled side, similar to our title winning season
Their side from day 1 to now for Premiership games has just about been the same: Pope, Burn, Botman, Schar, Trippier, Longstaff, Bruno, Willock, Joelinton, Almiron, Wilson, you can moan all you like about a manager but if they don't have their 1st 11 available just like Newcastle have then they won't be getting the results. 
I would bet my house on if Leicester didn't have that starting 11 available for as long as we did in the 2015/16 then we wouldn't have won the league, not a chance.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Newcastle will get a taste of reality if and when they suffer injuries to multiple key players. It’s all there to see. They don’t have a deep squad either. They are riding a wave at the moment. It may continue if they are lucky but as you know nothing in football stays the same.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Newcastle will get a taste of reality if and when they suffer injuries to multiple key players. It’s all there to see. They don’t have a deep squad either. They are riding a wave at the moment. It may continue if they are lucky but as you know nothing in football stays the same.

Similar to West Ham and us. I look at their squad on paper and it really is nothing special at the moment. They are riding a wave and momentum and confidence is with them, but I suspect they may struggle to match their form next season, even with the money they are likely to spend. 

Will take them another 5 years to get to be regular top 4 contenders. 

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

How strange it is.When you're riding the crest of a wave as we did in 2015/16 we had very few injuries. Now we're not doing so well every Tom, Dick & Harry is on the medical table.

• Haha 1

Been watching the Sunderland Till I die documentary again recently and gets me thinking are we seeing exact same problems. Overspent on bang average players in the past, poor recruitment of managers. Relegated to the championship with the biggest wage bill around, playing in a huge stadium of 49,000 in front of half the crowds. Owner loses his patients and decides to sell the club halfway through a relegation battle towards the bottom of the championship... outcome relegated to league one. Could Everton end up the same way.

4 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Similar to West Ham and us. I look at their squad on paper and it really is nothing special at the moment. They are riding a wave and momentum and confidence is with them, but I suspect they may struggle to match their form next season, even with the money they are likely to spend. 

Will take them another 5 years to get to be regular top 4 contenders. 

I reckon like us & W.Ham,in the nearly seasons..They have 12-14 top class players...2-5, keep missing games they would struggle to hold that top 4,

L',pool have & can pull 14-15 points back...Plus Chelsea,Spurs can bring that EOS spurt,throw Brighton in for the great fight they have earnt to sneak a Europe spot..

• Like 1