Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 hour ago, SkidsFox said:

It is a London team. Don't be taken in by the false humility of east Londoners -they are just as close to the London highlights as other parts of London.

Err would that be Forest Green Rovers who are based in sleepy Nailsworth in The Cotswolds or am I missing an obvious joke (wouldn't be the first time as I'm quite old)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

what’s really quite infuriating, is that if brighton continue to operate the way they have been. i’m pretty sure they could break the top 4. 

when i look at their squad now, they only need 3/4 upgrades to be a genuine top team.

They are the best run club right now.  Good for them if they break the top 4.  But how will they stay there?

Like everyone else outside the Rich Six, they cannot keep their best players.  As those players reach the latter part of their contracts, they will have to sell them, or match the 2x or even 3x wages which can be offered by clubs with 2x or 3x the income.  Which would put the club in violation of FFP, and in massive violation of the new UEFA squad-cost rules.

They'll have to keep replacing and replacing their top performers by maintaining incredible success recruiting on a budget.  They also need to keep hiring excellent managers (who may also be picked off).  Brighton may be making it look easy at present, but in the long run ...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Good news that he won't end up here. Everton are made for Dyche with Tarkowski, Keane and McNeil ready and waiting, wonder if he'll convince Ashley Barnes to join by the end of January.

He'll give them a bit of a bounce no doubt. 

I was initially against him coming here, but I think we may have lost out on sorting ourselves out properly. And if Everton do improve, even in the short term for now, it's one less club to be shitter than us and lower than us in the league. 

Don't think Everton appointing Dyche spells doom for you. He might make them a little harder to break down, but they're still poor up front. They've got players in their squad from a stack of different managers. A stack of different styles. 

Once Maddison and the others get back to full fitness, you'll be fine. There are six clubs below you and six clubs who deserve to be there. West Ham are the only team I could see going on a real run.

• Like 1

Dyche now favourite to be the next Everton boss..that'll be another possible lifeline for us taken by one of our relegation rivals.

He'll keep the shambolic mess up- maybe at our expense .

Does the quoted text below sound familiar at all?

"Sean Dyche remains the bookmakers' favourite, though there have been suggestions that he doesn’t fit the bill of what the club’s owner is looking for in terms of style.

The only style Everton need to be thinking of is one that wins them football matches and they don’t have time on their side to bring in a manager who can make that happen.

The ex-Burnley boss managed to keep the Clarets afloat in the Premier League for a number of years and they even qualified for European football in 2017-18. That was achieved with a squad of players who all knew their roles, their game plan and who were prepared to die for the cause".

11 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Err would that be Forest Green Rovers who are based in sleepy Nailsworth in The Cotswolds or am I missing an obvious joke (wouldn't be the first time as I'm quite old)

Busted, Bang to rights...another senior moment from me. Next rant coming up, why is Fergie coming out of retirement..? No hope for me, is there?

• Like 1

Best news I’ve heard all day. He won’t be good for them in get long run, much like he certainly wouldn’t have been good us for in either the short or long term.

Just need Benetiz to get a job elsewhere now to dodge another bullet.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

what’s really quite infuriating, is that if brighton continue to operate the way they have been. i’m pretty sure they could break the top 4. 

when i look at their squad now, they only need 3/4 upgrades to be a genuine top team.

A prime example of how you don’t need money to climb the league. They will continue to get big money for players on their terms and will just keep finding gems. even having a manager poached is no problem for them. 

It’s really impressive. 

my frustration with us is that we moved into a position of snobbery where we felt we needed at least semi established players.  I’d take an estupian type signing over a castagne anyday personally. 

Hopefully kristiansen and faes are a sign we are going back into the hidden gems market. 

Brighton won't make top 4. They're well run but the whole issue of selling good players won't last, as seen with us and Southampton. Clubs outside the top 4 can't continue to sell good players because eventually you end up not replacing them.

They spent near £50m this summer so it's not exactly climbing the league without money.

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

If Dyche keeps Everton up at our expense then I will be on here calling out everyone on here that turned their noses up at him. 

Call me out all you want, I don't want him. It's laughable you're all gutted a manager that has previously been relegated, and nearly was again, has joined another club. Thought you all wanted ambition?

I believe we will both stay up. Leeds will go.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

That isn’t proof that he would have kept us up though.

Our current squad is so far away from being one that suits him in regards to tactics and personality.

Exactly. He has a good goalkeeper, sort of old defenders in Tarkowski and Coady, wingers and a target man in Calvert Lewin.

25 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Call me out all you want, I don't want him. It's laughable you're all gutted a manager that has previously been relegated, and nearly was again, has joined another club. Thought you all wanted ambition?

I believe we will both stay up. Leeds will go.

Do you think Newcastle are regretting appointing Howe? After all he was initially brought in to keep them up having last taken a side down. Not saying Dyche is going to take anyway to Europe, but your theory of writing managers off for being relegated is way off.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Do you think Newcastle are regretting appointing Howe? After all he was initially brought in to keep them up having last taken a side down. Not saying Dyche is going to take anyway to Europe, but your theory of writing managers off for being relegated is way off.

It's different though because everyone points to Dyche as if he's gonna keep us up, that's why I bring up he was relegated (and nearly again).

They play two different styles as well. Howe always played attacking football with Bournemouth regardless, Dyche is just one dimensional defensive first. I've always said how you play doesn't matter as long as you win games but if you think we're boring now then it'd be worse if Dyche was here.

I actually like Dyche but I don't want him as manager. He probably will keep Everton up but, as above, it's different to walking into here.