Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Dunno why you all think Everton bringing in Dyche is going to guarantee their survival. They're terrible. Not creating chances, giving up loads of chances, hugely reliant on Pickford. Very reminiscent of how Dyche had Burnley playing. Yes, they'll get a little more organised at the back, but they've serious issues up the other end of the pitch as well. DCL is as fragile as a teenager's ego, and he's the only actual goal scorer they've got. 

Add to that the toxicity of Goodison. If they didn't enjoy Allardyce and Benitez' -ahem- pragmatic football, I can't imagine they'll be cock-a-hoop for Sean Dyche's stuff. 

Honestly if I was in your position, I would 100% prefer Rodgers, for all his faults. Your issues are as much down to misfortune with injuries as it is his limitations as a coach. If you owned Blackburn, or Millwall and wanted to get into, then stay in the Premier League, sure go ahead and appoint Dyche. But he's not the manager to take over a massive, circus of a club with 18 games to go and little-to-no money to spend. 

As an aside, have you seen the fixtures they've got left?

Arsenal (H)
Liverpool (A)
Leeds (H)
Villa (H)
Forest (A)
Brentford (H)
Chelsea (A)
Spurs (H)
Man Utd (A)
Fulham (H)
Palace (A)
Newcastle (H)
Leicester (A)
Brighton (A)
Man City (H)
Wolves (A)
Bournemouth (H)

Where are they getting the 21pts they'd need to get to 36pts?

57 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It's different though because everyone points to Dyche as if he's gonna keep us up, that's why I bring up he was relegated (and nearly again).

They play two different styles as well. Howe always played attacking football with Bournemouth regardless, Dyche is just one dimensional defensive first. I've always said how you play doesn't matter as long as you win games but if you think we're boring now then it'd be worse if Dyche was here.

I actually like Dyche but I don't want him as manager. He probably will keep Everton up but, as above, it's different to walking into here.

I wouldn't want Dyche, don't particularly mind him though, apart from his lack of cash whinges. Just pointing out simply saying he got someone relegated isn't the be-all and end-all. 

9 minutes ago, TheFish said:

Dunno why you all think Everton bringing in Dyche is going to guarantee their survival. They're terrible. Not creating chances, giving up loads of chances, hugely reliant on Pickford. Very reminiscent of how Dyche had Burnley playing. Yes, they'll get a little more organised at the back, but they've serious issues up the other end of the pitch as well. DCL is as fragile as a teenager's ego, and he's the only actual goal scorer they've got. 

Add to that the toxicity of Goodison. If they didn't enjoy Allardyce and Benitez' -ahem- pragmatic football, I can't imagine they'll be cock-a-hoop for Sean Dyche's stuff. 

Honestly if I was in your position, I would 100% prefer Rodgers, for all his faults. Your issues are as much down to misfortune with injuries as it is his limitations as a coach. If you owned Blackburn, or Millwall and wanted to get into, then stay in the Premier League, sure go ahead and appoint Dyche. But he's not the manager to take over a massive, circus of a club with 18 games to go and little-to-no money to spend. 

Arsenal (H)
Liverpool (A)
Leeds (H)
Villa (H)
Forest (A)
Brentford (H)
Chelsea (A)
Spurs (H)
Man Utd (A)
Fulham (H)
Palace (A)
Newcastle (H)
Leicester (A)
Brighton (A)
Man City (H)
Wolves (A)
Bournemouth (H)

There’s half a season left so surely we all pretty much have the same fixtures left…?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheFish said:

Arsenal (H)
Liverpool (A)
Leeds (H)
Villa (H)
Forest (A)
Brentford (H)
Chelsea (A)
Spurs (H)
Man Utd (A)
Fulham (H)
Palace (A)
Newcastle (H)
Leicester (A)
Brighton (A)
Man City (H)
Wolves (A)
Bournemouth (H)

There's at least one away fixture in there where they'll get 3 points.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

That isn’t proof that he would have kept us up though.

Our current squad is so far away from being one that suits him in regards to tactics and personality.

Lol..yeah and of course our current squad is so perfectly suited to Rodgers tactics and style 'eh?

I'll repeat this ...AGAIN.. good managers get the best out of what they have to work with.

Dyche did this repeatedly with Burnley.

This "not good fit" nonsense is demeaning to other managers, Rodgers cant get the best out of players he signed after working with them for months and years.

And as for people saying they'd rather be relegated than have Dyche, well, words fail me.

We are gonna go down with the clown, folks in charge really need to wake up and smell the Nescafe.

• Thanks 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Brighton could be picked apart. Trossard already gone... 

They have known this has been coming for a while though, especially with Caicedo signing to his new agency. 

They will have some Columbian division 2 player lined up to replace him knowing Brighton. 

Arsenal are doing to Brighton what Liverpool did to Southampton a while back just cherry picking their best talent i guess the joys of sitting top of the league with a few quid behind them. 

Interesting how much Arsenal's strategy has changed over the years. I cant remember many if any players that Wenger would have brought from the Premier League.  

33 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

There’s half a season left so surely we all pretty much have the same fixtures left…?

Nope, because of the World Cup and other commitments some teams haven't yet played each other at all. e.g. Arsenal have to play Man City home and away, Leeds have to play Man Utd home and away. Everton have to play Arsenal twice 

Also, Southampton only have 1 win at home but 3 on the road. Newcastle and Arsenal are unbeaten at the Emirates and St James' so you'd rather face them at the King Power, right? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheFish said:

Arsenal (H)
Liverpool (A)
Leeds (H)
Villa (H)
Forest (A)
Brentford (H)
Chelsea (A)
Spurs (H)
Man Utd (A)
Fulham (H)
Palace (A)
Newcastle (H)
Leicester (A)
Brighton (A)
Man City (H)
Wolves (A)
Bournemouth (H)

Their squad is shit so appointing Dyche makes sense, he's the best clogger maximalist around. He'll have the Coady, Tarkowski, Onana, Gueye quartet extremely dogged. If they go down it'll be through a lack of goals, however as you said DCL is their only goal threat; again Dyche is more likely to get a tune out of such an aerial player. Hopefully Gray and Iwobi just remain just as shit so they do finally go down. 

As for the bolded point, our attacking play has cratered, collapsed, whatever, it's dead.

Since the World Cup we're 19th for expected points

Besides the Fulham we've had 1 or 2 shots on target in the 4 other games (3 losses, 1 draw) with 6,7,8 and 9 total shots in those games.

Edited by Stadt

Under Dyche I can see them being less soft centred than they have been, they'll turn some previously inevitable away defeats into draws and be a generally tougher prospect than before but not sure if they'll get too many home wins, they'll be less get-at-able but I don't see their creativity improving. Similar to the Benitez reign where on their day they got the job done with caution over courage. 

Have no idea why so many think Dyche is the messiah.

He already got Burnley relegated and they were going down with a whimper last season until he got sacked and they much improved.

He’s essentially already got 2 PL relegations on his CV but bizarrely his sacking last season seems to make people think he’s unrelegateable.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Their squad is shit so appointing Dyche makes sense, he's the best clogger maximalist around. He'll have the Coady, Tarkowski, Onana, Gueye quartet extremely dogged. If they go down it'll be through a lack of goals, however as you said DCL is their only goal threat; again Dyche is more likely to get a tune out of such an aerial player. Hopefully Gray and Iwobi just remain just as shit so they do finally go down. 

As for the bolded point, our attacking play has cratered, collapsed, whatever, it's dead.

Since the World Cup we're 19th for expected points

Besides the Fulham we've had 1 or 2 shots on target in the 4 other games (3 losses, 1 draw) with 6,7,8 and 9 total shots in those games.

Since the World Cup you've played Newcastle, Liverpool, Fulham and Brighton + Nottingham Forrest (dunno if you consider them a derby or not?). 

Look, you know your club way better than me. My point is just that Everton aren't suddenly going to lurch up the table just cos they've appointed Dyche. When Maddison and the rest are back to full fitness I'm confident you'll get enough points to stay clear of the relegation nonsense.

• Like 1

Dyche to Everton is a great news triple whammy for me. 

1. He's not coming here. 

2. Everton probably go down. 

3. It'll kill the myth that all he needed was resources, so that 1. never happens and mouth breathers on here will stop bringing his name up. 

It's a bonkers appointment given their squad. As much as Klopp and Pep are managers with a philosophy, so is Dyche. It might be a shit one but he has a distinct approach to football. 

They don't have a squad at all suited to his type of graft really do they? I genuinely can't see it working. 

Ofc this could all be egg on face when he keeps them up and we go down but yknow. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

They don't have a squad at all suited to his type of graft really do they? I genuinely can't see it working. 

I was looking at this earlier and thought I can see why he's gone there. This is possibly a peak Burnley starting 11..

Pickford, Coleman, Keane, Tarkowski, Coady, McNeil, Davies, Garner, Townsend, Gordon/Gray, Calvert-Lewin. Horrible to watch and would suit him down to the ground. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

Dyche to Everton is a great news triple whammy for me. 

1. He's not coming here. 

2. Everton probably go down. 

3. It'll kill the myth that all he needed was resources, so that 1. never happens and mouth breathers on here will stop bringing his name up. 

It's a bonkers appointment given their squad. As much as Klopp and Pep are managers with a philosophy, so is Dyche. It might be a shit one but he has a distinct approach to football. 

Ofc this could all be egg on face when he keeps them up and we go down but yknow. 

I wish him well and its about time he had another job. Its really up to him now to prove doubters wrong, and keeping Everton up would be a coup for him. But he's not someone i really aspire to have as the manager of Leicester as i think as Brighton, Fulham, Villa etc have proven there are far better candidates out there. At least it means when we do finally rid ourselves of Rodgers,  Dyche wont be one of the names mentioned. 

I hope he gets himself a long contract with Everton. The aggro his is about to get himself into deserves more than a 1/2 season deal to keep them up.

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I wouldn't want Dyche, don't particularly mind him though, apart from his lack of cash whinges. Just pointing out simply saying he got someone relegated isn't the be-all and end-all. 

His style of football at Burnley wasn't as bad as was made out. It was direct and played to their players strengths but wasnt Wimbledon crica 1993.

He was unlucky not to have been given an opportunity with a club with a bigger budget as he probably deserves a go. His media gibberish and whining has probably worked against him in this regard. Plus he isn't very exciting as a name or brand, better a foreign no-name than Dyche with most clubs I suspect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

But it is if the main point I'm quoting is people saying how he'll "save us". If he hadn't ever been relegated then I could accept that argument, that's my point.