Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

13 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Dyche seems a good match for Everton right now and he knows and has worked with a number of their players. 

Be curious to see how he does as I backed him to take over here. 

He will lift them out of the relegation zone, of that I have no doubt. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

He will lift them out of the relegation zone, of that I have no doubt. 

Everton have on paper a decent keeper, defenders and midfielders, it’s their forward line which looks lacking, but looking at Everton’s squad they really should have enough if organised well enough.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Look at this list of merry go round pile of crap. I'm so thankful our great name is not part of these guys CVs, and hopefully we never will. Would rather we go for an untried and untested coach with potential than these old heads 

Dyche has managed Burnley and now Everton 

Allardyce - WBA, Newcastle,  Everton, Palace, Sunderland and West Ham

Pardew - Palace, Newcastle, Saints, WBA

Moyes - Everton, Sunderland, West Ham 

Bruce - Newcastle,  Sunderland, Villa, WBA

Agree with the point, except it’s not right putting Dyche with the rest. He did an exceptional job at Burnley and not even officially appointed at Everton yet!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

That's a bullshit statement from Caicedo. Trying to make out he's doing for Brighton rather than himself and his greedy **** of an agent. 

I think he's angling for the "mutually beneficial" angle.

Think it will play out similar to Mahrez here when we asked him for one more season (or in Caicedos case, 6 more months) Brighton will see this year as a huge chance of getting into Europe and they don't need the money.

44 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

That's a bullshit statement from Caicedo. Trying to make out he's doing for Brighton rather than himself and his greedy **** of an agent. 

23 minutes ago, LVFox said:

I think he's angling for the "mutually beneficial" angle.

Think it will play out similar to Mahrez here when we asked him for one more season (or in Caicedos case, 6 more months) Brighton will see this year as a huge chance of getting into Europe and they don't need the money.

Been told to stay away from training until Wednesday.

11 minutes ago, Fox forever said:

The sun comes up and Chelsea sign another player 

They are an embarrassment. How can they be allowed?

It won’t make them successful anyway as there’s no fixed approach, they are throwing themselves at anyone and everyone. That yank in charge has no clue!

7 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

It won’t make them successful anyway as there’s no fixed approach, they are throwing themselves at anyone and everyone. That yank in charge has no clue!

In all fairness it is for next season, so I’d imagine payments will be delayed until the players formally joins the team. 

Don't get the love in for Dyche. He did a good job at Burnley but he did take them down once and was on track to do so again before being sacked. No guarantee of safety for Everton and their squad is a mess. No Richarlison quality to bail them out this year.

• Like 1

On 28/01/2023 at 09:08, Koke said:

Look at this list of merry go round pile of crap. I'm so thankful our great name is not part of these guys CVs, and hopefully we never will. Would rather we go for an untried and untested coach with potential than these old heads 

Dyche has managed Burnley and now Everton 

Allardyce - WBA, Newcastle,  Everton, Palace, Sunderland and West Ham

Pardew - Palace, Newcastle, Saints, WBA

Moyes - Everton, Sunderland, West Ham 

Bruce - Newcastle,  Sunderland, Villa, WBA

Do you listen to Athletico Mince/Parnsnips podcast by Bob Mortimer? They have a skit call 'Destroy and Exit' club and it is absolute gold, cant think of a better way to describe that band of managers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

They will have to sell a load of players soon. New fifa rules from July say you can’t loan out more than 8 players (over 21) so Chelsea will be having a huge car boot sale soon.  I can’t see how their approach will help them get the fees they want though 

6 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Don't get the love in for Dyche. He did a good job at Burnley but he did take them down once and was on track to do so again before being sacked. No guarantee of safety for Everton and their squad is a mess. No Richarlison quality to bail them out this year.

Dyche had a terrible run but I think as we have seen when the manager doesn't change and fresh top talent does t come in on a revolving door, the dressing room can go stale and rot sets in. Dyche did well but he'd been there long enough I think 

• Like 1