Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

28 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Rumours have been about that there are five or six players Pep is not on great terms with at the moment 

22 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

The Foden one is so odd. Whispers that something has gone off.

Bernardo seems to always be on the verge of wanting to leave too.

Man City have too many good players without having to play them all. If Foden played for any other team in the league he'd play every week.

33 minutes ago, Buzzell said:

Cancelo is the best right back in the league if not in Europe. Such a strange move. There must of been some sort of fall out.

Absolutely. He is an incredible player. Should be one of the first names on the sheet for Man City or any club in the world. 

Very weird decision by Pep. 

9 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Absolutely. He is an incredible player. Should be one of the first names on the sheet for Man City or any club in the world. 

Very weird decision by Pep. 

Something strange with Man City this season.

Dias and Laporte are among the two best centre backs in the league yet sit on the bench every week.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

The thing what amazes me at Forest. At what points does the 25 signings begin to alienate the other players etc. 

They want Shelvey before the deadline but are willing to let O’Brien go whose been a mainstay of their team for parts of this season. They’ve done the same with Toffolo. One of the players will turn around and say I’m not moving soon. Then it’s a problem to manage 

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Something strange with Man City this season.

Dias and Laporte are among the two best centre backs in the league yet sit on the bench every week.

Exactly. I don't rate Ake at all either. Pep seems to be going through a weird crisis. Given some bizarre press conferences too 

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Pep's a weird bloke. Did anyone see his pre-match interview with Gabriel Clarke the other night? Now granted these pre-match interviews are a nonsense, but he could at least have tried to be polite. Clarke's only doing his job.

he's a proper weirdo. always has been.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Pep's a weird bloke. Did anyone see his pre-match interview with Gabriel Clarke the other night? Now granted these pre-match interviews are a nonsense, but he could at least have tried to be polite. Clarke's only doing his job.

I'll be honest, I think far too much stick is given to some managers sometimes for interviews on match days. They're emotional intense individuals being cornered at their most emotionally intense, pressured moments and deliberately prodded by journalists asking quite often baiting or leading questions. 

Clarke's questions were generic, asinine and a little dull and Guardiola is trying to focus on his team. 

I appreciate its "part of the job" but frankly it probably shouldn't be as much as it is and I do have sympathy and tolerance for managers who occasionally get fed up of it. Especially the likes of Pep and Klopp for whom it's demanded the most often and whom are often under the most pressure of anyone. 

And your man's doing it in like his 5th language or whatever. 

3 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Pep and Klopp finally running out of road at their current gigs?

Or, put another way, will we ever see another SAF or Wenger type tenure in this League?

They're both good managers, I'm sure both will be able to rebuild and turn their respective clubs around.

But I don't think we'll ever see 20+ years at a club anymore ala Fergie and Wenger. The consistency as well, in those years, was amazing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Pep and Klopp finally running out of road at their current gigs?

Or, put another way, will we ever see another SAF or Wenger type tenure in this League?

Behave. 

The Premier League is famously difficult to defend and Man City are still in the hunt regardless. Arsenal are doing very well let's not take credit away from them and Arteta. 

As for Liverpool, eh, some horrendous squad management decisions over the summer which aren't Klopp's fault, a run of unfortunate injuries and all probably in a year in which they're cycling off. 

I'd guarantee they'll be back in the title race next year, particularly if they buy well. Putting all their eggs in the Nunez basket was frankly stupid. Uncharacteristically poor decision by them, he was never, ever ready for that kind of move. 

Pep has had some weird spells of dropping players in form or who are regulars, like Foden. 

I also saw someone mention that the conspiracy theorists say that the Cancelo deal with Juventus was very dodgy (valuing Danilo way higher than was realistic) and that they want rid before UEFA come sniffing round the deal. 

Man City changing it up isn't a bad thing. We're testament to how stale things can go without change.

You should never be worried about losing players, the excitement is finding their replacements. Obviously you don't want to change the whole 25 every season but new faces helps keep everything fresh and everyone wanting to do their best. It's natural to raise your efforts in the presence of new people.

It's hard to stay motivated and have that edge when you're in your comfort zone surrounded by the same people.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Dyche getting Everton relegated would be a bigger achievement than keeping Burnley up for all those years on end. 

Change my mind. 

Everton are 2 points off 17th, not 20.