Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

7 hours ago, Nalis said:

Hate how Sky sports news and now the BBC love talking about the total transfer spend being SMASHED all the time, like its a really positive thing or something.

Interesting to see what their reaction will be if/ when Boehly is involved in pushing for another Super League which can't ever be ruled out.

19 minutes ago, Corky said:

Interesting to see what their reaction will be if/ when Boehly is involved in pushing for another Super League which can't ever be ruled out.

Depends whether or not they're cut in. 

Let's not pretend Sky and BT were against it last time on moral grounds. 

They'll be panicking knowing that Amazon or some international streaming service will be all over it. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Any illusion most of us have about the club we support being 'my club' (as if we somehow owned it) should now be smashed into a million pieces - by the rich, our game is owned, our club is owned, you're owned, I'm owned, we're all owned.

I tried to resist and broke a few times ownership,but always got locked back in….

Schackles often are not broken,just stretched & rubber bound..

The Premier League is the wealthiest and  most attractive in football league in the world, it’s not really a surprise clubs are spending more than ever after they’ve gotten over covid losses.

39 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

£800million spent eh... imagine how many families that could fed around the world. As much as we love football, sometimes it doesn't make sense. Sadly full of greed. 

Absolutely...

The reason I stopped subscription to Sky and BT sports...

I for one refuse to fund the greed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Wasn’t sure where to put this as it’s not Premier League, but whilst we’re talking about transfers, and after what we went through with Silva, I’m fascinated to see what FIFA do here:

677F9E11-0893-49FB-AA84-81ECB8F39BFD.jpeg

If they can prove that they did what they needed to ahead of the time and it was the USA/fifa  transfer system which was at fault then they will likely be ok

i recall that we couldn’t do that five years ago ….

2 hours ago, Staffs Fox said:

Top tier football is heading for a tipping point, it’s on an unsustainable trajectory which will in the not so distant future come to an abrupt end. 
The actual game of football will not die but it might split. Reform (whether it be Super League or not) is inevitable and i for one am actually all for it. The likes of Chelsea, Man City and PSG are not currently playing the same game as us so the sooner they go off and do their own thing the better. They can pander to the global audiences and fifa players who are more interested in football shirt than the actual game and actual football fans can go enjoy what’s on the pitch. I regularly go to watch my local team (Tamworth) in the 7th tier and it’s great. Yeah the standard isn’t fantastic but the excitement and the essence of the game is well and alive. Give me that over PSG vs Man City played in Saudi Arabia (give it 3 years). 
What our part in this will look like is yet to be seen but whatever form it is, as our season in League One showed, it doesn’t matter if we have Youri Tielemans or Matt Oakley in midfield, the love for the club and will to win is no different 

Still one of my favourite ever seasons. 

• Like 2

https://news.sky.com/story/manchester-united-footballer-mason-greenwood-has-all-charges-against-him-dropped-12801562

Manchester United footballer Mason Greenwood has had all charges against him dropped. 

The 21-year-old forward faced allegations of attempted rape, controlling and coercive behaviour, and assault.

A trial date had been set for 27 November this year.

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said "criminal proceedings" had been "discontinued by the CPS (Crown Prosecution Service)".

Chief Superintendent Michaela Kerr, GMP's Head of Public Protection, said: "Given the significant media coverage of this case, it is only fair that we share the news that the 21-year-old man, who had been arrested and charged in connection with an investigation opened in January 2022, no longer faces criminal proceedings in relation to this.

"The investigation team has remained in regular contact with the legal team, providing any updates of note, and so understand the rationale for the discontinuation of proceedings at this stage, and that this decision has not been taken lightly.

"Despite the media and public's interest in this case, we have decided not to comment on it in any further detail."

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

https://news.sky.com/story/manchester-united-footballer-mason-greenwood-has-all-charges-against-him-dropped-12801562

Manchester United footballer Mason Greenwood has had all charges against him dropped. 

The 21-year-old forward faced allegations of attempted rape, controlling and coercive behaviour, and assault.

A trial date had been set for 27 November this year.

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said "criminal proceedings" had been "discontinued by the CPS (Crown Prosecution Service)".

Chief Superintendent Michaela Kerr, GMP's Head of Public Protection, said: "Given the significant media coverage of this case, it is only fair that we share the news that the 21-year-old man, who had been arrested and charged in connection with an investigation opened in January 2022, no longer faces criminal proceedings in relation to this.

"The investigation team has remained in regular contact with the legal team, providing any updates of note, and so understand the rationale for the discontinuation of proceedings at this stage, and that this decision has not been taken lightly.

"Despite the media and public's interest in this case, we have decided not to comment on it in any further detail."

Be interested to see what happens now regarding his career. 

8 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

She's back with him, won't back a prosecution or become a witness so the CPS were always going to drop the case (without it's key witness).

He's still a little sh*t.

If that’s true then how did that happen as surely terms of his bail stated he was not to be in contact with her, he was also standing trial for coercive behavior as well so that must have raised a few flags