Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Open them mate, throw them all over the place! It's an absolute joke.

I'm starting to lose the will to live with this stuf, Mendy last week now this.

How can I, with a clear conscience, introduce my daughter to a world of football where he will now be back playing in and likely representing his country within a year or so? A world where Mendy probably ends up back at a club before the years out? One in which they'll both become heroes again within months. 

Mendy still has some outstanding charges, due to be on trial in June. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

She's back with him, won't back a prosecution or become a witness so the CPS were always going to drop the case (without it's key witness).

He's still a little sh*t.

I was under the impression that the police/CPS always work harder to secure evidence in the early stages because they expect this to happen. 

Once it gets past a certain threshold, they can secure a conviction even without the cooperation of the victim. 

I suppose it's less straightforward when the perpetrator is a multi millionaire. 

• Like 2

Southampton and Bournemouth are going to be having a very expensive relegation!

If they were going to spend nearly £70m could they not have got someone slightly better than Nathan Jahovah Jones?? 

It’s farcical the whole thing. I’m all for innocent until proven guilty but how did this case get so far only to collapse so spectacularly? So what happens now to the victim? What about the accused? Can’t pretend like it all never happened. Just leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Such a big public case as well and the nature of the crimes. Yikes! Manu will be very brave to bring greenwood back into the club. 10haggis I’m sure won’t want him anywhere near his project that is going so well.

• Like 1

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Off theme, but I never, ever get these grand, pious sounding statements. 

There's a million reasons why you wouldn't introduce your daughter to just about anything. In fact, there's an argument against even having your daughter at all if you are that worried about exposing her to a world of injustices and contradictions. 

Ease up fella. Let her enjoy football without worrying about the politics of it so much 

Yeah look it's a bit of a throwaway comment attached to the rest of the statement, just pissed off with the way things have been the last few weeks is all :thumbup:

Don't worry, not one of those who wont let her make her own decisions/mistakes!! :) 

• Like 4

The victim did not want to prosecute. It smells fishy to me, but I guess it’s her choice (hopefully). 

However given what he said on that recorded message, he should absolutely be dismissed from Manchester United and I’d hope his football career is over. This is not about innocent until proven guilty or rehabilitation, he’s a complete and utter scumbag. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Be interested to see what happens now regarding his career. 

Football wise they might want to keep him but could be a PR nightmare given what we have heard and read.

His reputation understandably will be in the mud and hard to improve .

5 hours ago, Staffs Fox said:

Top tier football is heading for a tipping point, it’s on an unsustainable trajectory which will in the not so distant future come to an abrupt end. 
The actual game of football will not die but it might split. Reform (whether it be Super League or not) is inevitable and i for one am actually all for it. The likes of Chelsea, Man City and PSG are not currently playing the same game as us so the sooner they go off and do their own thing the better. They can pander to the global audiences and fifa players who are more interested in football shirt than the actual game and actual football fans can go enjoy what’s on the pitch. I regularly go to watch my local team (Tamworth) in the 7th tier and it’s great. Yeah the standard isn’t fantastic but the excitement and the essence of the game is well and alive. Give me that over PSG vs Man City played in Saudi Arabia (give it 3 years). 
What our part in this will look like is yet to be seen but whatever form it is, as our season in League One showed, it doesn’t matter if we have Youri Tielemans or Matt Oakley in midfield, the love for the club and will to win is no different 

You are going to see a huge split within the division. Clubs will either gamble hugely to try and compete or won't really bother, will live sensibly but with diminishing hope of catching the richest, thereby the top of the league being a virtual closed shop anyway.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Super_horns said:

Football wise they might want to keep him but could be a PR nightmare given what we have heard and read.

His reputation understandably will be in the mud and hard to improve .

Yeah. I was reading about this earlier and saw a tweet about the amount of players around Europe’s major leagues who have been caught up in similar and have seemingly swerved it or not been reprimanded. Quite staggering when you see the list, I didn’t even know most of the apparent cases. 

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

The victim did not want to prosecute. It smells fishy to me, but I guess it’s her choice (hopefully). 

However given what he said on that recorded message, he should absolutely be dismissed from Manchester United and I’d hope his football career is over. This is not about innocent until proven guilty or rehabilitation, he’s a complete and utter scumbag. 

Problem is if Man U sack him he could take them to the cleaners for his contract. On the eyes of the law he has doing nothing illegal as it stands whether we like it or not.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Problem is if Man U sack him he could take them to the cleaners for his contract. On the eyes of the law he has doing nothing illegal as it stands whether we like it or not.

I’d argue it’s worth the financial hit compared to the PR nightmare it would cause. And secondly if he wants to take them to court on the grounds of unfair dismissal then I’m pretty sure all the gory details will be aired in public, this further ruining his reputation.

• Like 1

On 01/02/2023 at 15:03, davieG said:

May be an image of text that says "% CHELSEA LaLiga SERIE A FOOTBALL CLUB BUNDESLIGA LIGUE1 €329M €246M JANUARY SPENDING JANUARY SPENDING VIA TRANSFERMARKT FIGURES CORRECT AS OF 03:00 CET"

On 01/02/2023 at 08:46, Finnegan said:

All while they've got fans still having to decide between heating the house and eating properly. Cool. 

Yeah but yknow, we should be grateful for their supreme generosity by spending money they made by exploiting the likes of us on our clubs, to expand their already obscene wealth. Also us fans are stupid and couldn't run a club which is probably why we can't heat our homes.

53 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I’d argue it’s worth the financial hit compared to the PR nightmare it would cause. And secondly if he wants to take them to court on the grounds of unfair dismissal then I’m pretty sure all the gory details will be aired in public, this further ruining his reputation.

Yeah you are right that its worth it from Man U's point of view

Just seen Forest have also signed Ayew (after he turned down Everton, lols) 

They have 30+ senior players now… what is the point of all of these signings? Can’t even play them? 

They’ve signed 30 players since the summer now 😂

Guest Chocolate Teapot
8 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Just seen Forest have also signed Ayew (after he turned down Everton, lols) 

They have 30+ senior players now… what is the point of all of these signings? Can’t even play them? 

They’ve signed 30 players since the summer now 😂

There needs to be a serious investigation into where all that money is coming from and how it's compliant.

4 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Considering we "only" spent that, we seem to have gotten some great deals on paper. Let's hope they work out as well as they sound.

If any proof were needed that the PL's wealth has reached ridiculous levels, it's that Southampton have the second highest spend worldwide in this transfer window. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Greenwood would be a great candidate for the saudi league.

Its a tricky situation for Epl teams and i suspect he will be shunned. He is tainted (guilty or not, right or wrong).

Would not be surprised if Forest took a look at him lol 

• Haha 2