Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

20 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Could be some of the signings Forest made at the start of the season could end up finding themselves out of the 25 man squad lol

When Palace were promoted they signed a guy from Bordeaux who didnt make the 25, he was pretty pissed off at relocating his family to London if I recall correctly.

Looking at that spend table it seems the “staring down the barrel of relegation” clubs have tried to do something about it other than Everton and I suppose West Ham.
Southampton and Bournemouth’s investments may not work but they can’t be accused of not trying. I found it surreal when Bournemouth were buying the likes of Ibe and Solanke for such big fees in their previous spell in the Premier League but now 56 million in one window..,..

:jawdrop:

6 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Looking at that spend table it seems the “staring down the barrel of relegation” clubs have tried to do something about it other than Everton and I suppose West Ham.
Southampton and Bournemouth’s investments may not work but they can’t be accused of not trying. I found it surreal when Bournemouth were buying the likes of Ibe and Solanke for such big fees in their previous spell in the Premier League but now 56 million in one window..,..

:jawdrop:

And yet Howe has now somehow turned into peak Pep at Newcastle.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Forest have been unable to name the following players in their 25

Lewis o’brien, Omar Richards, Steve Cook, Lyle Taylor, Cafu and Harry Arter

That’ll be great for morale 

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think some were going out on loan but not sure they did ?

Wasn’t Richards seen as a good buy but got injured .

Edited by Super_horns

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Dychey’s press conference today where he defended the existing Everton swuad and spoke about them being decent players is exactly the sort of thing our gobshite should have been doing 

Video is here - 

Needed to do something after slagging them off at Burnley last season.

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Dychey’s press conference today where he defended the existing Everton swuad and spoke about them being decent players is exactly the sort of thing our gobshite should have been doing 

Video is here - 

Fair play for not attacking the club, but he’s talking absolute shit there lol 

Just read this amazing statistic on BBC sport.

Chelsea spent £288 million in the January transfer window, thats  £90 million more than the combined £198m in Spain, Italy, Germany and France.

to say this is getting crazy is understating it somewhat and cannot surely be sustainable long term.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Didn’t Steve Cook turn down Stoke to “fight for his place” ? The shortest fight this season!

• Haha 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

If I've understood correctly, the victim never accused him at all. She's claimed her phone was hacked and she's actually still with him. 

Is she herself not the main witness that won't cooperate so they can't press charges? 

I read (albeit on reddit so yknow) that they're actually now engaged? 

Which basically just makes the whole thing infinitely more tragic and depressing. 

That phone recording turned my stomach. As a dad to a girl this kind of stuff terrifies me 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

That phone recording turned my stomach. As a dad to a girl this kind of stuff terrifies me 

Any man lays a finger on my baby girl and he’ll not have his manhood for much longer.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I know what you mean in this context but they do grow up and they do ….. you know ….. 

Get raped?

My baby girl is 21. My point remains, someone rapes or assaults her and I will string them by their sinews. It’s not hyperbole, I am a child victim of repeated assault and rape. I will forever wish that someone had gutted my assailants with rusty blades.

13 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Any man lays a finger on my baby girl and he’ll not have his manhood for much longer.

It wasn't even just the threat of violence. It was the way he was talking to her with utter contempt. I guess it's down to us dad's to educate our kids to want better for themselves. Sadly many place money and status above morals 

• Like 2