Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

You have to bare in mind that a lot of these "fans" saying he should return are probably living thousands of miles away and don't understand the evidence that has been put out, or live in a place where this sort of stuff is mostly ignored

I can't imagine the actual footage was seen by a lot of people outside of the uk

Edited by MrSpaM
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Get raped?

My baby girl is 21. My point remains, someone rapes or assaults her and I will string them by their sinews. It’s not hyperbole, I am a child victim of repeated assault and rape. I will forever wish that someone had gutted my assailants with rusty blades.

I said ‘in this context’ 

My point went over your head - it wasn’t worth making anyway in this thread  ….it was about dads and daughters 

11 minutes ago, Bevan said:

Having been online, I find it absolutely mental how so many people are okay with Greenwood coming back. Obviously the majority of these people are Man U fans but I just can’t get my head around it. If it was one of our players, I wouldn’t want them to play for us again. 

I had to explain to my eleven y o this morning what the context is.  He (and no doubt millions of youngsters) just read that he’s innocent. 

if United think that he can play in the PL without any consequences then they’re making an error. 

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I had to explain to my eleven y o this morning what the context is.  He (and no doubt millions of youngsters) just read that he’s innocent. 

if United think that he can play in the PL without any consequences then they’re making an error. 

Didn't the NFL have a similar situation with Greg hardy? Where he was charged with domestic abuse but the victim refused to give evidence so charges were dropped but he was still cut and black listed basically? 

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Didn't the NFL have a similar situation with Greg hardy? Where he was charged with domestic abuse but the victim refused to give evidence so charges were dropped but he was still cut and black listed basically? 

I'm 99.999% sure Greenwood's career is over in Europe / western world. 

In a way, Adam Johnson has more of a credible claim for a return, having served a sentence 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

They may not think that but, they probably have a very difficult situation legally. When Greenwood was charged, he was immediately suspended. If the case had proceeded and a guilty verdict returned, it's a straightforward dismissal offence. Not guilty, you've legally been found innocent (although sometimes we know that's dubious) and you are bound to honour a contract etc.

In this instance, the evidence was out in the public domain and now charges aren't being pursued. Legally, no charges remain. The opinion of the club, and how they see things from a moral and reputation view point, might be very different to what they can do from a legal point. Man U have said they are doing their own investigation, which no doubt has the HR and legal people very, very busy. Hopefully looking for a way to get rid of him, within the constraints of his contract.

31 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

They may not think that but, they probably have a very difficult situation legally. When Greenwood was charged, he was immediately suspended. If the case had proceeded and a guilty verdict returned, it's a straightforward dismissal offence. Not guilty, you've legally been found innocent (although sometimes we know that's dubious) and you are bound to honour a contract etc.

In this instance, the evidence was out in the public domain and now charges aren't being pursued. Legally, no charges remain. The opinion of the club, and how they see things from a moral and reputation view point, might be very different to what they can do from a legal point. Man U have said they are doing their own investigation, which no doubt has the HR and legal people very, very busy. Hopefully looking for a way to get rid of him, within the constraints of his contract.

I’m not saying that they need to sack him - they have no grounds outside of a tricky disrepute angle 

but they don’t need him to be training with the 1st team squad and they can be looking at offloading his registration to a country where he won’t be vilified by crowds.  The issue will be if he does go to somewhere like Turkey and regains his form and mojo then other countries will then look at him. How many years before he would be accepted over here?   he could play here in European football. If the player wants to rekindle his career then this is not going to go away. 

I'd never want to see Greenwood playing for a team I supported but think he'll walk back in to the game pretty soon (possibly not with Man U though).

It's a tragedy that his girlfriend, at her age, has decided that accepting this type of behaviour is the price for going out with a footballer earning £75,000 a week. 

• Like 3

Henry Winters article points out that he'll never play for England again, which is the right decision. 

Having said that I imagine it's a Southgate decision rather than an FA one so it could always be overturned :( 

4 hours ago, Bevan said:

Having been online, I find it absolutely mental how so many people are okay with Greenwood coming back. Obviously the majority of these people are Man U fans but I just can’t get my head around it. If it was one of our players, I wouldn’t want them to play for us again. 

Online where? I always find it's majority these weird twitter football accounts that always back players, I had a look on RedCafe yesterday and a lot were against him coming back.

I’m sure there’s probably a Champions League thread but couldn’t find one on a search, besides part of what I’m about to say is generally based around players choices of joining clubs.

Anyway, not really. He’s been bad news wherever he’s been recently, touting himself about, not looking particularly bothered, plus perhaps this shows players should be abit more choosey where they play their football, weighing up whether they’ll actually play - if they’re actually bothered about playing.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’m sure there’s probably a Champions League thread but couldn’t find one on a search, besides part of what I’m about to say is generally based around players choices of joining clubs.

Anyway, not really. He’s been bad news wherever he’s been recently, touting himself about, not looking particularly bothered, plus perhaps this shows players should be abit more choosey where they play their football, weighing up whether they’ll actually play - if they’re actually bothered about playing.

All those millions he'll be earning, my heart bleeds.

As you say he knew exactly what he was signing up to at Chel$€a

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

A Fulham win tonight would be cracking. 

Hear, hear!  It's become a sacred mission to keep that money-pissing idiot and his club out of the Champions League ... out of Europe this year if possible.

Boehly has kicked hundreds of millions in costs down the road with all these huge, seven-plus year contracts.  If Chelsea can't be CL regulars, how will they attract the sponsorship and prize money to cover them?  I'd love to see this house of cards crash down.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

All that money spent and still playing Mount, Gallagher, Cucurella and no striker :appl:

Unbelievable really isn’t it. The squad will be almost unmanageable. They have offered all those long contracts but inevitably will need to freshen things up in years to come. Meanwhile players will lose form and motivation and they will lose millions in wasted player value. Basically hamstringing their on field potential and spinning money up the wall. It’s a gamble I wouldn’t be happy entertaining. 

• Like 1