Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Palinha can be a bit of a dirty Bertie, but that yellow he picked up looked to me like it was for a blatant dive by the Chelsea lad, prior to any contact.

Intetesting that Sky didn't show it in more detail.

Edited by Vacamion
Spello

7 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Unbelievable really isn’t it. The squad will be almost unmanageable. They have offered all those long contracts but inevitably will need to freshen things up in years to come. Meanwhile players will lose form and motivation and they will lose millions in wasted player value. Basically hamstringing their on field potential and spinning money up the wall. It’s a gamble I wouldn’t be happy entertaining. 

You can almost picture Potter sitting at home on deadline day, texting Todd, "please stop signing players" 😂

Just now, fazzyfox said:

Not a Chelsea shot on target in first half apparently. Oh if only they had a budget to address such problems, poor lambs 

Yet Sky only showed Chelsea moves at half time. Not a single Fulham chance got a look in. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Hear, hear!  It's become a sacred mission to keep that money-pissing idiot and his club out of the Champions League ... out of Europe this year if possible.

Boehly has kicked hundreds of millions in costs down the road with all these huge, seven-plus year contracts.  If Chelsea can't be CL regulars, how will they attract the sponsorship and prize money to cover them?  I'd love to see this house of cards crash down.

Wishful thinking I'm afraid. It's unlikely that they'll be kept out of the CL for longer than a season with the money they're spending. Football nowadays is about having the fattest wallet.