Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'll never understand the people so full of rage they go to the football to just scream abuse at the opposition whenever they're in earshot whatever they're doing. 

Just going over to take a throw? Abuse. Tying your laces? How fvcking dare you. Go down injured? Fvck you you cvnt. 

Honestly what's wrong with people. 

An addendum to this:

We all hate simulation and players time wasting. 

But Arsenal are the favourites here, they want to win, they aren't going to waste time at 0-0 and when the physios are with a player for a good five or so minutes on the ground tending to a player he's obviously fvcking hurt. 

Booing him afterwards. What the fvck is wrong with you? He was clearly hurt. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

An addendum to this:

We all hate simulation and players time wasting. 

But Arsenal are the favourites here, they want to win, they aren't going to waste time at 0-0 and when the physios are with a player for a good five or so minutes on the ground tending to a player he's obviously fvcking hurt. 

Booing him afterwards. What the fvck is wrong with you? He was clearly hurt. 

Are you on about Saka? He just ran into an outstretched palm lol

27 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'll never understand the people so full of rage they go to the football to just scream abuse at the opposition whenever they're in earshot whatever they're doing. 

Just going over to take a throw? Abuse. Tying your laces? How fvcking dare you. Go down injured? Fvck you you cvnt. 

What I boo is obvious time wasting anti football tactics. Fulham against us being a very strong case. Some players are quite clearly not injured but act like they’ve been taken out WWE style. That is infuriating. So when people are truely injured it’s hard to tell. Hence why they get booed. 

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

What I boo is obvious time wasting anti football tactics. Fulham against us being a very strong case. Some players are quite clearly not injured but act like they’ve been taken out WWE style. That is infuriating. So when people are truely injured it’s hard to tell. Hence why they get booed. 

I've got no problem with people booing. 

I've got a problem with them hurling abuse stood literally screaming angry, rage filled hate at any player that comes near the touchline. 

When I wrote that, Odegard was just harmlessly adjusting his boot on the touchline and Everton fans with screwed up angry faces were yelling at him like he'd just slapped their mother's. It's just fvcking stupid. Grow up and get a check on your emotions. 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Yeah which is what Lampard scabbed them a few times back end of last season. You just know Dyche will keep them up 😫😫😫

Every chance they'll just burn out and Arsenal will find a way through and the floodgates will open. 

For all of the muck about how hard Burnley were to beat, how often did Man City run up cricket scores against them? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Its even more embarrassing when they bring that behaviour to non league games. And they're doing it to a bloke 2 meters from them with about 200 other people in the ground.

Especially when its just because the opposition player has committed the ultimate sin of just being someone who happens to be playing for a different team.

I can at least understand it if they make a bad tackle or are being a dick. When its literally just because they happen to be wearing a different shirt to the one the angry fella likes... Very odd behaviour 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

A bank of four, a bank of five, the defence never more than a few meters from their own box and a line of pressing engagement no higher than halfway into their own half, happy to watch Arsenal pass it around in front of them unchallenged. 

And people wanted this shit here. 

:revenge:

Team one point from bottom sit back and soak up pressure of the best side in the league. Mad. 

• Like 1

Just now, filbertway said:

Its even more embarrassing when they bring that behaviour to non league games. And they're doing it to a bloke 2 meters from them with about 200 other people in the ground.

Especially when its just because the opposition player has committed the ultimate sin of just being someone who happens to be playing for a different team.

I can at least understand it if they make a bad tackle or are being a dick. When its literally just because they happen to be wearing a different shirt to the one the angry fella likes... Very odd behaviour 

I hope I can agree with you both, and be allowed to make a gentle simile to a certain type of contributor on forums, who knee jerks angrily at the slightest thing. 

Less unpleasant for sure, but the same instinct. 

27 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

A bank of four, a bank of five, the defence never more than a few meters from their own box and a line of pressing engagement no higher than halfway into their own half, happy to watch Arsenal pass it around in front of them unchallenged. 

Pretty much describing how arsenal play when another team has possession to be fair. The man City v arsenal games are basically 2 teams taking it in turns to defend with 10 men on the edge of their area.

1.1 - 0.3 on the xG so far. I think you can count on one hand the number of times our xG has been over 1 at half time. 

31 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

At the Newcastle game on Boxing Day someone near me spent the entire first half screaming "you ****ing Mexican ****" at Miguel Almiron the Paraguayan, and when he scored and celebrated in front of us the same man shouted "your wife is going to get chopped up by the cartel". Since then he just screams abuse at our own players, often sounding like he's on the brink of tears in the process. Part of me thinks it might be a good thing these freaks come to the football to vent as hopefully it stops them inflicting the same or worse on their loved ones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Guest said:

At the Newcastle game on Boxing Day someone near me spent the entire first half screaming "you ****ing Mexican ****" at Miguel Almiron the Paraguayan, and when he scored and celebrated in front of us the same man shouted "your wife is going to get chopped up by the cartel". Since then he just screams abuse at our own players, often sounding like he's on the brink of tears in the process. Part of me thinks it might be a good thing these freaks come to the football to vent as hopefully it stops them inflicting the same or worse on their loved ones.

People tend to be worse at home than in public though? :( 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Guest said:

Maybe Top can give the fans free therapy vouchers instead of a beer and donut :D

Theres a lot of pent up anger there 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Results trump style every time. Pretty football and no points and the supporters get angry and then apoplectic. The result is always of paramount importance.