Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Strange, do not recall you saying it previously…..

Why would that matter? At least Burnley went into matches knowing they may get something. We know we lose week in week out great. And if we go a goal down in 2 minutes like Newcastle at home, well what a waste of the next 88!

FT on Dyche, knows how not to lose sets his team up 451 to stop Arsenal playing and looks to nic a goal from a set piece

FT on Rodgers whys he playing 451 we shouldn’t be scared of Arsenal we should be getting at them and play our game they will crumble

nutters 😂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Club in trouble change manager and then have a run of wins/improvement in form. That’s a matter of fact, isn’t it? 

Not every time, so I'd argue not. I'd also make the case that it could be ANYONE in charge for a game or three and results would improve, so perhaps it's as much about releasing the previous incumbent - which is a small but significant difference in my opinion. 

Point is, I don't presume to speak for anyone but myself. 

Just now, BKLFox said:

FT on Dyche, knows how not to lose sets his team up 451 to stop Arsenal playing and looks to nic a goal from a set piece

FT on Rodgers whys he playing 451 we shouldn’t be scared of Arsenal we should be getting at them and play our game they will crumble

nutters 😂 

1. Is working currently 

2. never does

Nuts

• Like 1

Just now, LCFCJohn said:

Why would that matter? At least Burnley went into matches knowing they may get something. We know we lose week in week out great. And if we go a goal down in 2 minutes like Newcastle at home, well what a waste of the next 88!

Because it would show it is an opinion based on a long standing belief rather than one match which is currently being shown

22 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Not god, but a good manager who gets the most of what he has without moaning about it. The snob culture towards him is unfair. 

I would rather a hard working team that picks up points with limited possession than the shite we are putting up with week in week out.

Everton will now be much better equipped than us for the relegation battle.

Never said his not a decent manager, but some of the comments go over the top.

Let's see at the end of the season table never lies.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Because it would show it is an opinion based on a long standing belief rather than one match which is currently being shown

Well I didn’t officially join the forum until not long ago (used to read it a lot). I’d say I have always maintained being bored rigid by possession football and preferring a hard working side who play more direct. There is literally nothing worse than Rodgers Leicester for me. But that just my view. If you like it fair enough :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Not every time, so I'd argue not. I'd also make the case that it could be ANYONE in charge for a game or three and results would improve, so perhaps it's as much about releasing the previous incumbent - which is a small but significant difference in my opinion. 

Point is, I don't presume to speak for anyone but myself. 

Something not happening every time that It may happen doesn’t disqualify it’s existence. 

Just now, LCFCJohn said:

Well I didn’t officially join the forum until not long ago (used to read it a lot). I’d say I have always maintained being bored rigid by possession football and preferring a hard working side who play more direct. There is literally nothing worse than Rodgers Leicester for me. But that just my view. If you like it fair enough :)

That’s fair enough, for me, I believe too many hark back to the type of football we won the league with, and I fully believe that type would not work anymore, but I am aware that is my likely misconception. Is it time for change, yes please, but Top clearly feels not, so just have too support, no?

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

That’s fair enough, for me, I believe too many hark back to the type of football we won the league with, and I fully believe that type would not work anymore, but I am aware that is my likely misconception. Is it time for change, yes please, but Top clearly feels not, so just have too support, no?

Nothing to do with that season for me, just prefer more direct, faster moving etc. Find possession and backwards/sidewards passing so dull. Can’t stand watching Man City either and they are masters of it.

The successful sides now seem to employ a high press and high energy style. So yeah not just sitting back and counter attacking. More to it than that. We seem to go to either extreme.

I don’t think we all just need to clap along and accept what we are being served up because Top appears happy though? That’s if he is happy and not just to do with money…

Im also not basing anything on the Everton game as I’m watching Rotherham v Sheff Utd :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1