Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I can understand top of the league losing to a relegation candidate being on first tbh. 

Context shouldn't matter on a highlights package unless it's last day of the season imo. 

Quality of the game and how many actual highlights there are should trump Sean Dyche grinding out a set piece anti football smash and grab. 

1 minute ago, trabuch said:

I know our 1st v Villa was their cock up, but it was really good from KDH, Nacho and Maddison. It wasn't totally on a plate.

It was fvcking abysmal defending tbf. What was he even doing. 

I think if you want to talk about our press cresting a goal and forcing an error look at the way we won the ball back for the Tete goal. 

The Madders one I'm sorry, they just gifted us. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I think if you want to talk about our press cresting a goal and forcing an error look at the way we won the ball back for the Tete goal. 

Fair enough. But it was dealt with well. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Makes a change. It is usually us that get punished by passing sideways at the back.

Edited by foxinsox
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Guest said:

If those highlights are any indication then Everton are already more Burnley than Burnley ever were 

Looks like Bounemouth and Southampton down, plus one other. It wouldn't surprise me if we were back on the bottom 3 again before the month is out.

Just now, st albans fox said:

After 21 games and with neither team more than four points from safety ?  

Sure, not impossible, but they look as if they haven't got it in them to stay up. 

I think we will have a tough February, but better March and April.

Guest nathan.

If it doesn't start to work for chelsea in the next 2 years they are in trouble.

Lots of players on huge contracts could paralyze the club. 

10 minutes ago, nathan. said:

If it doesn't start to work for chelsea in the next 2 years they are in trouble.

Lots of players on huge contracts could paralyze the club. 

Let's hope so. No football club should get away with spending that kind of money.

• Like 2

Newcastle having a wobble? Not rolling over teams anymore are they? They don’t like tasting their own medicine. Everton will be hit and miss. They will probably lose against the top teams but grind out results against everyone else. Same with west ham. We need to keep bagging points as we go. We will be fine.

2 hours ago, nathan. said:

Nathan Jones speaking like some random guy in the pub after 5 pints.

lol

Do you know what I was gonna make that exact observation when mentioning him earlier. 

He's like that pissed up bloke at the bar who aggressively asks people if they're staring at him or his bird. 

4 hours ago, Guest said:

If those highlights are any indication then Everton are already more Burnley than Burnley ever were 

Keep 9/10 of your outfield players within spitting distance of your box 9/10 of the time,  Win a few set pieces and trust your luck.

It might keep them up.  Hell, if we see Kenwright and Moshiri back at Goodison, it will have worked a miracle.

9 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Newcastle having a wobble? Not rolling over teams anymore are they? They don’t like tasting their own medicine. Everton will be hit and miss. They will probably lose against the top teams but grind out results against everyone else. Same with west ham. We need to keep bagging points as we go. We will be fine.

You’re right, Newcastle who have lost fewer games than anyone are having a terrible time of it. 

And despite Everton literally just yesterday beating the league leaders, they’ll probably lose to the top teams, yeah. 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

lol

That tickled me. 

However, it just goes to prove really you can't listen to the guff in these sort of interviews.  I was watching MOTD and they highlighted a change Dyche made mid game getting Iwobe up closer to Calvert-Lewin which caused Arse quite a few problems.  Perhaps an obvious change to make but still.  

So whilst it's a funny soundbite we all know the reality is that it's just an easy way to dodge a question and get the interview over more quickly.