Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

42 minutes ago, Joe90lcfc said:

Why the “hate to say it” never got for the creepy hate fetish for Kane on here?? So bizarre 

This is foxestalk!

To give any opposition player any sort of kudos is sacrilege...we hardly say good things about OUR players!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I get your point and you may be correct but I personally see it as a lack of ambition from him. The very best test themselves at the best clubs (the ones that win trophies). I feel he's played it safe 

Or you goto Man city and  make the minimum number of appearances you can to collect  trophies but not really feel like you've deserved it?

Remember that Nathan Dyer has a Premier league winners medal and Stevie G doesnt!!!

Edited by Raj

11 minutes ago, Raj said:

Or you goto Man city and  make the minimum number of appearances you can to collect  trophies but not really feel like you've deserved it?

Remember that Nathan Dyer has a Premier league winners medal and Stevie G doesnt!!!

Not if you're good enough. If we're praising Kane as one of the best strikers around then he'd surely have got games at the likes of Man City and United etc

That's where I don't feel like he's been ambitious enough to back himself. When it didn't work under Mourinho he should've cut and run

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Not if you're good enough. If we're praising Kane as one of the best strikers around then he'd surely have got games at the likes of Man City and United etc

That's where I don't feel like he's been ambitious enough to back himself. When it didn't work under Mourinho he should've cut and run

edit: I got that totally wrong and jumped in.

Anyway....

I don't think it's lack of ambition though. Do you think Gazza, Shearer, Le Tissier had no ambition? Great players can play for "smaller" sides without needing to prove anything.

And this is what's annoying. You call it lack of ambition yet these sorts of players show loyalty to their clubs. We all want to see loyalty yet when a player does go it's described by fans as "for the money". Drinkwater went to Chelsea, people say "grass is not always greener" yet he was just showing ambition, right?

But lets be honest, I do think Kane has shown loyalty to Spurs yet also wanted to leave last summer. Why wouldn't he, it was the best team in the league calling. But he was priced out of the move by his club. So I think he had the ambition to go but Spurs wouldn't let him.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Anyway....

I don't think it's lack of ambition though. Do you think Gazza, Shearer, Le Tissier had no ambition? Great players can play for "smaller" sides without needing to prove anything.

And this is what's annoying. You call it lack of ambition yet these sorts of players show loyalty to their clubs. We all want to see loyalty yet when a player does go it's described by fans as "for the money". Drinkwater went to Chelsea, people say "grass is not always greener" yet he was just showing ambition, right?

But lets be honest, I do think Kane has shown loyalty to Spurs yet also wanted to leave last summer. Why wouldn't he, it was the best team in the league calling. But he was priced out of the move by his club. So I think he had the ambition to go but Spurs wouldn't let him.

Shearer and Gazza won at least one trophy for starters. Also Gazza played for numerous clubs, Shearer left to join a clubs that at the time was fully expected to win things, and in one case did. Le Tissier was often accused of having no ambition by staying at Southampton.

Drinkwater was never the best midfielder in the country like Kane has been the best striker. Kante going is one thing, he undoubtedly had the talent to play for any top team. Drinkwater joining Chelsea when they already had a midfield stacked with quality was just daft.

16 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Anyway....

I didn't say he wasn't a great player, I said he lacks the ambition to be considered one of the best. Shearer did win at least one trophy and Gazza moved around to other clubs, presumably wanting to win things. Le Tissier could be considered the same as Kane yeah. 

And yeah I can't fault the likes of Drinkwater for giving it a go at a bigger club but we're not talking about an elite player there. Anyway it's just my opinion, not everyone will agree 

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Shearer and Gazza won at least one trophy for starters. Also Gazza played for numerous clubs, Shearer left to join a clubs that at the time was fully expected to win things, and in one case did. Le Tissier was often accused of having no ambition by staying at Southampton.

Drinkwater was never the best midfielder in the country like Kane has been the best striker. Kante going is one thing, he undoubtedly had the talent to play for any top team. Drinkwater joining Chelsea when they already had a midfield stacked with quality was just daft.

Only just read this, almost exactly what I wrote lol

47 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

He wanted to leave at one point when he had potential offers from Man City and a couple of others, but Levy put a stupid price tag on his head and Kane never had the guts to kick off or hand in a transfer request 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Winning trophies man lol Since when has this defined players, I just can't. What's the point, you're never gonna change your mind. Kane could have gone to Manchester City and won the league if Spurs didn't price him out. 

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Winning trophies man lol Since when has this defined players, I just can't. What's the point, you're never gonna change your mind. Kane could have gone to Manchester City and won the league if Spurs didn't price him out. 

Not winning them certainly defines a player. Still waiting for you to name a single top player, one considered potentially world class who has won nothing at all. I'm not saying Kane isn't good, I'm saying he'll regret not winning anything. Records come and go, winning trophies doesn't. Kane could end his career as the greatest player to win nothing, its not a accolade I'd want.

12 minutes ago, The Bear said:

He wanted to leave at one point when he had potential offers from Man City and a couple of others, but Levy put a stupid price tag on his head and Kane never had the guts to kick off or hand in a transfer request 

Which I attribute to a lack of ambition 

• Like 2