Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

33 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Shearer and Gazza won at least one trophy for starters. Also Gazza played for numerous clubs, Shearer left to join a clubs that at the time was fully expected to win things, and in one case did. Le Tissier was often accused of having no ambition by staying at Southampton.

Drinkwater was never the best midfielder in the country like Kane has been the best striker. Kante going is one thing, he undoubtedly had the talent to play for any top team. Drinkwater joining Chelsea when they already had a midfield stacked with quality was just daft.

Shearer won one trophy in his entire career with Blackburn all be it the big one

10 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Not winning them certainly defines a player. Still waiting for you to name a single top player, one considered potentially world class who has won nothing at all. I'm not saying Kane isn't good, I'm saying he'll regret not winning anything. Records come and go, winning trophies doesn't. Kane could end his career as the greatest player to win nothing, its not a accolade I'd want.

This article lists the 6 best players (other than Kane) never to win a trophy. Out of those I would say maybe only Socrates might be considered as being 'world class' at their peak.

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/transfer-news/2021/08/kane-six-best-players-never-win-trophy

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

This article lists the 6 best players (other than Kane) never to win a trophy. Out of those I would say maybe only Socrates might be considered as being 'world class' at their peak.

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/transfer-news/2021/08/kane-six-best-players-never-win-trophy

I googled the same thing, and pretty much found this. There is no real top quality players who've won nothing. He would be a stand out, that's for sure. Someone likened Totti to him the other week because he stayed at Roma. A club where he won the serie a title and 2 Italian cups.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

lol Yeah that must be terrible Pep. 

He once tried to blame the ball when they couldn't score in 120 mins over two cup legs, back when we were in The Championship. 

Biggest resources in the Country lol ffs some of these top flight managers man.

7 minutes ago, The Bear said:

He once tried to blame the ball when they couldn't score in 120 mins over two cup legs, back when we were in The Championship. 

I presume there must have been a traffic jam or two but surely they should be flying or going by train?

20 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Joe Baker a blast from the past. Born in England and grew up in Scotland. Broad Scottish accent and played for England before playing for English club

Leeds look dead, haven’t won since the restart, got Man Utd home and away in their next two and really don’t look like winning a game.

They have some decent players, but Marsch just appears so far out of depth it’s unbelievable. Fingers crossed they keep him on for the rest of the season, because if they do they go down with Southampton and Bournemouth. 
It’s no coincidence that those three teams easily have the three worst managers in the league, now Lampard has been replaced at Everton. 
There’s not a lot of difference in quality in the bottom 12 in the league, other than the quality of manager. 

32 minutes ago, The Bear said:

There 7 clubs in London and 3 further south. That's half the league Pep struggles traveling too lol

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Leeds going down with their usual grace

What are they doing aside from kicking a few fences and shouting?

As usual if someone wanted to actually do something then they would.

Although I’m not a fan of people recording stuff like this just to put it on internet. 

18 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

There 7 clubs in London and 3 further south. That's half the league Pep struggles traveling too lol

He's also managed in countries far bigger than England, football teams having to travel can't be a new revelation for him. Barcelona to Madrid must be the best part of 400 miles one way, Seville considerably more.

• Like 2

Further adding to my point yesterday that I honestly think most football fans can't stand the managers but appreciate when they are doing well. Cant for the life of me think why anyone could actually like Pep or Klopp, they are both utter bell ends! 

Screenshot_20230205_210239_Facebook.jpg

Guest Col city fan

Another beautiful finish from Brennan ‘he’s no good whatsoever’ Johnson today. 
Watch out for him I think. He’ll move upwards.

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Looks like it's going to be Nathan Jones last day on the job! 

Sadly he won't be able to 'rise again' at Luton as they've hired a significantly better coach this time round!

Fair play to their fan base for making their voices heard and the board seemingly listening.

8 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Fair play to their fan base for making their voices heard and the board seemingly listening.

Seems like the players on this one mostly.

He wants to play route one and they've told him to shove it lol then he's come out post game and said he's pandered to people and abandoned his principles!