Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

12 hours ago, Super_horns said:

I presume there must have been a traffic jam or two but surely they should be flying or going by train?

But not flying with Etihad as that would mean late kick-off and fine.

Just now, AjcW said:

Seems like the players on this one mostly.

He wants to play route one and they've told him to shove it lol then he's come out post game and said he's pandered to people and abandoned his principles! 

I meant with the fans singing they want him out of club and the media picking up on it, but if that’s the case he clearly needs to go. Obviously this isn’t to our benefit, they would have been sinking like a stone if all of this is true.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I meant with the fans singing they want him out of club and the media picking up on it, but if that’s the case he clearly needs to go. Obviously this isn’t to our benefit, they would have been sinking like a stone if all of this is true.

Yeah true, it's crazy that they're only 3 points adrift really! 

Given they've spent £70m odd in Jan, a good appointment could see them safe.

Was a terrible move by Jones.

He did an unbelivable job at Luton and surely would have got an offer from a PL club again, if he had rejected Southampton. He moved to the worse club in the league.

2 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

It's gonna be awkward in about 10 years when Harry Kane is pundit alongside bit part and lesser players who have actually won trophies.

Seriously...I think it's a shame.

A great goalscorer, who's been Loyal to Spurs & such a great player,hasn't tested or shared his talents elsewhere..

Even Jimmy Greaves spread his wings.

By Last summer he gave Totty everything....

At present Fulham,Brentford ,means he doesn't leave home but would be a shock.

...Chelsea a wandering into catastrophy..

Manutd. He & Rashford unstoppable...

He would lift them into Title, and champions League...

Man.city....Boring they have their CF..

8 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

The guests in the studio tonight have a combined  2 Premier League winners medals, 2 Danish League titles, an FA Cup, a community shield and an Audi Cup.

We welcome Harry Kane, Jeffrey Schlupp and Daniel Amartey.

When you put it like that, having no medals compared to Amartey's 3 - in England alone - is laughable. 

Get em down to league 2 at the end of the season and move everyone up one position. ( Man City)

Lodi wondering how he's gone from Simeone's changing room to that (Forest)

Although Forest should be relegated for that video alone.

Edited by filbertway

It went toxic in record time for Nathan Jones by the looks of things, wonder who they'll appoint if they do sack him? Most of the usual suspects have jobs now. Well Dyche does!

I liked Jones' presser to be fair lol

He's definitely got to back it up now though. JWP interviewed and said that the effort from the team was not enough and there were too many young players not realising the gravity of the situation they're in.

If he keeps his job and there's a good clear the air chat, then you might see a more resilient and improved Southampton. 

Big talk, but now it needs to be backed up with action. (Assuming he gets the opportunity)

42 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Let’s see if anything meaningful happens. Somehow I doubt it, but occasionally we are surprised. 

This guy has been on the MC case(s) for a long time. If he says it's massive I'm inclined to agree. Very much worth reading the rest of the thread

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Seriously...I think it's a shame.

A great goalscorer, who's been Loyal to Spurs & such a great player,hasn't tested or shared his talents elsewhere..

Even Jimmy Greaves spread his wings.

By Last summer he gave Totty everything....

At present Fulham,Brentford ,means he doesn't leave home but would be a shock.

...Chelsea a wandering into catastrophy..

Manutd. He & Rashford unstoppable...

He would lift them into Title, and champions League...

Man.city....Boring they have their CF..

I still think Spurs will win something before Kane and Son leave. Jimmy Greaves was a brilliant scorer for a very ordinary Chelsea side before his short spell in Italy. I think he wanted to win things and no chance at Chelsea at the time. 

34 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

I still think Spurs will win something before Kane and Son leave. Jimmy Greaves was a brilliant scorer for a very ordinary Chelsea side before his short spell in Italy. I think he wanted to win things and no chance at Chelsea at the time. 

well if Man City get stripped out all their trophies then technically Spurs won the league cup in 2021

Edited by goose2010
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, KFS said:

the Lingard signing is going how we all thought it would, then 

Most expensive mascot in sport.

I'm sure he's loving life, I don't begrudge anyone having a laugh, but he's a decent footballer and should be getting more out of his career. Can't keep conning teams to pay him £200k a week. He's not Carlos Kaiser.

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Most expensive mascot in sport.

I'm sure he's loving life, I don't begrudge anyone having a laugh, but he's a decent footballer and should be getting more out of his career. Can't keep conning teams to pay him £200k a week. He's not Carlos Kaiser.

Read about Carlos Kaiser recently. As much as I’m sure I’d be livid if he played for us, it’s a funny story and probably says more about the gullibility of the managers/scouting staff