Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

50 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

well if Man City get stripped out all their trophies they technically SPurs won the league cup in 2021

The 'anything but title/cup stripping' camp need to be vocal, stay strong and on message. I'm aware that Man City having points deducted this season would further upset the Tottenham fans but this is a price worth paying for *completely cleaning up the PL 

* Todd Boehly's pants may need a boil wash

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

well if Man City get stripped out all their trophies then technically Spurs won the league cup in 2021

If that happened Spurs would have won that league cup as follows:

Round 2: Bye (Europe)

Round 3: Bye (Leyton Orient disqualified)

Round 4: Chelsea (won on pens)

QF: Stoke 

SF: Brentford

Final: Man City (lost)

So a major trophy with 3 wins, 1 of which on pens and the other 2 against Championship opposition.

Makes our FA Cup draw this season seem daunting.

24 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Read about Carlos Kaiser recently. As much as I’m sure I’d be livid if he played for us, it’s a funny story and probably says more about the gullibility of the managers/scouting staff 

Yeah it is funny and tbf it was a different time. Lingard had a decent loan away from Man Utd a couple of years back so understand he might have attracted some clubs last summer but I think this year at Forest is it. He's not gonna get another big deal, he's unlikely to be picked up by a premier league team. He has the talent just not the concentration to really push on with it. I'm sure his good vibes are good to have around (rather than mardy players like Gray) just not sure it's £200k a weeks worth of good vibes.

Some must be very naive to believe that ManCity will face major consequences such like points deduction. They'll be issued a fine. There's no way the authorities will mess with this worldwide "successful" product called English Premier League. 

The so called big 6 have done the same all these years except probably Liverpool, this is why the latter is in a crisis. 

What about the others? Everton should have been already somewhere in League Two. Newcastle just started, let's see how this pans out. Marinakis and Forest are a different beast altogether... Is anyone investigating Wolves and Aston Villa? Thought so. 

Then you have us trying to play it almost fairly by the books, trying to clear debts etc. 

Our PL win shook the football world in a bad way. They won't allow it to happen again and since then they've taken all the "measures" to make sure it won't be repeated. 

Man City can’t be stripped of trophies in seasons where they haven’t been charged of committing offences  (09/10 to 17/18) 

I’d be shocked if titles and trophies were stripped but if they were, then i suspect the record will show no winner 

Edited by st albans fox

34 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Did anyone of any significance ever actually call Harry Kane a one season wonder? I can't say it's something I ever picked up on. Just seems like imagined victimhood.

I do recall Spurs singing "he's just a one season wonder" at our place, when he scored, so I dunno if a side maybe sang it once at them/him.

28 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Man City can’t be stripped of trophies in seasons where they haven’t been charged of committing offences  (09/10 to 17/18) 

I’d be shocked if titles and trophies were stripped but if they were, then i suspect the record will show no winner 

John Terry is already arranging an open top bus tour...

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Marsch is gone.

Weird timing given he'd been backed in the window 

Madness, he isnt great but like you say he has been backed and brought in some decent players. 

Not sure who would fancy that (other than the usual suspects) 

Yep, correct call.

Wonder who goes in there. They struggle to score, but have a decent enough squad. I do think Southampton and Bournemouth will go down, but the last spot is properly up for grabs! New manager bounce with Everton (who I think will stay up) and possibly Leeds now, though they have some difficult games coming up.

It'll be interesting!

2 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Wonder if Bielsa would go back to Leeds. Signed a lot of young players over the last 2 windows that I imagine he'd do well with. (Not without injuring them, of course).

Corberan might be shout given his connection to Leeds and currently doing well with WBA, having done well with Huddersfield. I just dunno if he'd leave WBA so quickly.