Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

17 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Slot would be mad to go to Leeds now, surely?

I think so.

Signed a new contract in the summer so Leeds would have to pay good compensation to get him.

I doubt he'd leave with them leading the erevidise and a chance for first league title in years.

Money talks though 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Slot as low price as 2/5 to be Leeds next manager 

18 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

17 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

**** sake

I mean the markets are dictated by who is betting on managers so its really 🤷

Was Jurgen Klopp not once favourite to be next manager when Claudio got it? 

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

They have a pretty exciting core of under-25 talent, an incoming ownership group that seems keen to spend, and their GD and even more their xGD indicate they’ve been very unlucky.  If one believed that luck was going to balance out a new manager would look good even if they didn’t do anything to deserve it.  If Slot is really keen to get to the PL I could see where Leeds would be an interesting prospect.

51 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Leeds squad is fine, I’d rather have theirs than Everton, Southampton and Bournemouth’s.

Slot will probably quadruple his salary too.

49 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

They have a pretty exciting core of under-25 talent, an incoming ownership group that seems keen to spend, and their GD and even more their xGD indicate they’ve been very unlucky.  If one believed that luck was going to balance out a new manager would look good even if they didn’t do anything to deserve it.  If Slot is really keen to get to the PL I could see where Leeds would be an interesting prospect.

I just think it seems like a bit of a stick or twist situation when, barring a complete tail-off in the next three months, he'll have suitors in the summer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I just think it seems like a bit of a stick or twist situation when, barring a complete tail-off in the next three months, he'll have suitors in the summer.

The PL is the place to be. It took Ten Haag a surprisingly long while to get a move after doing so well at Ajax so he’s leapt at the chance in just the same way Emery and Lopetegui have.

He’s already worked with Sinisterra and Summerville (I think) too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stadt said:

The PL is the place to be. It took Ten Haag a surprisingly long while to get a move after doing so well at Ajax so he’s leapt at the chance in just the same way Emery and Lopetegui have.

Aye but Ten Hag moved in the summer and the other pair came over in the autumn with the knowledge they'd at least get a window (and backing) to identify any weaknesses. I know there's still a fair chunk of the season left and the table is so condensed but the timing seems a bit off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

A bird in the hand.  Who are his suitors going to be?  Us, maybe?  West Ham, if you think Moyes will survive the season.  Chelsea is out there and a siren’s song to be sure, but they seem like kind of a poisoned pill at this point.

Would he rate us or WH ahead of Leeds as a prospect?  At the very least it’s debatable, and there’s no guarantee those jobs will be open.

58 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Wouldn’t a club like ours potentially say to him at this point… ‘Look, hang fire. We want you in the summer.’ Obviously nothing is written or league status guaranteed, but things like this will happen. Not necessarily us, but it wouldn’t surprise me if someone had a word. He’s gonna be hot property once the merry go round starts later on in the season/ in summer. 

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Also mate, Ten Haag didn’t just want a PL job. He wanted a big one. Had he been happy to go to a Leicester/Leeds/W.Ham etc, he’d have had the opportunity to be in the PL a lot earlier.

Looks like it's going to be Andoni Iraola (which I can only assume will be quite a come-down for Leeds fans after the Stot rumor). 

Iraola is an interesting prospect, and certainly I'd go there before recycling one of the usual PL mediocrities.  But it's interesting that Leeds fired one high-press manager, replaced him with another, fired him and is now looking at another who uses basically the same tactics.  Iraola even played for Bielsa.

Edited by Deeg67

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Looks like it's going to be Andoni Iraola (which I can only assume will be quite a come-down for Leeds fans after the Stot rumor). 

Iraola is an interesting prospect, and certainly I'd go there before recycling one of the usual PL mediocrities.  But it's interesting that Leeds fired one high-press manager, replaced him with another, fired him and is now looking at another who uses basically the same tactics.  Iraola even played for Bielsa.

Phew. I'd honestly go wild if Slot ends up at a rival of ours before we change manager.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Phew. I'd honestly go wild if Slot ends up at a rival of ours before we change manager.

Assuming we ever do.

Orta is supposedly in Madrid negotiationg with Iraola but their beat reporter just posted a piece calling Slot the frontrunner, so who knows.

Edited by Deeg67

26 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Assuming we ever do.

Orta is supposedly in Madrid negotiationg with Iraola but their beat reporter just posted a piece calling Slot the frontrunner, so who knows.

Imagine if Brendan did a Ferguson, horrible.

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Wouldn’t a club like ours potentially say to him at this point… ‘Look, hang fire. We want you in the summer.’ Obviously nothing is written or league status guaranteed, but things like this will happen. Not necessarily us, but it wouldn’t surprise me if someone had a word. He’s gonna be hot property once the merry go round starts later on in the season/ in summer. 

And anyone associated with professional football (and in particular the EPL) for 10 mins or more knows what promises and words of honour are worth.

I suspect he's not made it to where he is now by being a gullible fool who is easily conned by the snakeoil salesmen masquerading as responsible owners.

If he's offered it he could sign a 6 year contract and leave in 6 months!