Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

8 hours ago, MattFox said:

And against Newcastle in the cup final…

United have inadvertently become less repulsive as other clubs like Newcastle, Chelsea, Spurs have become more repulsive. For the majority of my life I despised United, especially growing up as most of my mates were United fans and it was all unbearable during the fergie years. Now they don't offend me as much as Liverpool Man C, Chelsea, Spurs and Newcastle

Edited by jayfox26
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Shame we aren't better at protecting a lead.

Screenshot_20230208_202710_Chrome.jpg

If only we were simply shit at protecting leads rather than beyond bad, we'd be 6 points better off. Ffs, all we have to do is 'be shit' and we'll be fine! 

I thought the same last season about corners. Just be shit rather than an abhorrence, and we'd get into Europe 

9 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

United have inadvertently become less repulsive as other clubs like Newcastle, Chelsea, Spurs have become more repulsive. For the majority of my life I despised United, especially growing up as most of my mates were United fans and it was all unbearable during the fergie years. Now they don't offend me as much as Liverpool Man C, Chelsea, Spurs and Newcastle

the problem with man united, was never actually man united. It was just the glory supporters that flocked to them. All the worst people i could think of at school would be the ones that jumped on that bandwagon. 

I think we all experienced that and that’s why we all dislike them. nothing worse than someone who knows nothing about football giving it the biggen because their glory team win again 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

the problem with man united, was never actually man united. It was just the glory supporters that flocked to them. All the worst people i could think of at school would be the ones that jumped on that bandwagon. 

I think we all experienced that and that’s why we all dislike them. nothing worse than someone who knows nothing about football giving it the biggen because their glory team win again 

Yep and similar things have happened with Chelsea and Man C over the years but probably not to the same extent. As you say, it was the Man U fans that were unbearable in the Fergie years but with Man C, it's the dodgy ways they have tried to get around ffp, spending money for fun and also Pep is an absolute bell end. He alone makes me hate Man C. See also Klopp and Liverpool. 

Never minded Manutd, loved it when they won the champions league when Ole scored.

I'd actually prefer them to win the league than all others apart from arsenal nowadays.

Just loathe loathe Liverpool.....and leeds.....

11 minutes ago, Raj said:

Never minded Manutd, loved it when they won the champions league when Ole scored.

I'd actually prefer them to win the league than all others apart from arsenal nowadays.

Just loathe loathe Liverpool.....and leeds.....

Each to his own, but I can’t stand them. People talk about the likes of the big six now and the greed that led to the European Super League proposals.

Older fans might remember that the Premier League was formed for similar reasons and Man Utd were very much the ring leaders in wanting to ring fence all the revenues for themselves. They were the first football club to stop being a football club and become more of a global brand. As their Chairman, at the time, Martin Edwards stated: 

"smaller clubs are bleeding the game dry. For the sake of the game, they should be put to sleep".