Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

13 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Still think Forest are up for the drop. 

They've played well (ish) on just 3 or 4 occasions this season. And won each time. Simply no team does that in the PL. You can easily play well in the PL and lose. It's nornal. 

Forest play well (or at least  not atrociously) just 4 times and win each time. Add to that theyve played poorly for the other 17 games and still, extraordinarily, picked up 12 points.from those

50 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I think its going to be really tight this year. There's usually always 1, if not 2, teams that always look like they will be relegated.

Don't think any one is safe now. Everton won't get relegated now with Dyche, that's for sure.

I still think they'll be right in it but he will fancy his chances under that pressure to get them over the line. The thing with Everton though, is they've been creeping ever so closer to this each season and there's that gravity pull more and more to finally take them. Dyche is comfortable working in this environment but he's also capable of his teams being completely abject for massive stretches.

Their squad is very erratic, they suffer a lot of injuries and struggle for goals.

28 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

36 points would have kept you up last year, meaning 5 or 6 wins is enough…based on last weekends result we should do that and a bit more….

these points targets really don’t mean anything. 

Youve simply got to look at the sides around you and look at what they can realistically get. 

I never get when fans say, other games don’t matter just aim for 40 points. Of course they matter. 

There’s a lot of positivity from sides at the bottom right now, that could mean anything could happen. we need to get through the next few tough fixtures and hope the impact of the new signings still has us purring. 

Edited by Lambert09

I think Leeds fired Jesse believing that had a chance to cherry pick from prospects they liked. Corberan was always an option - he was at Leeds for three years - and I think West Brom pre-empting them really caught them off guard.  Iraola flat out said no.  If Stot and Gallardo turn them down they could be seriously fuched and have to bring in someone like Benitez or Garrard.  And what happens at Leeds is hugely critical with the bottom of the table being so congested, because their squad is certainly good enough to stay up comfortably.

Edited by Deeg67

Hope we focus all our energy in beating the hotspuds once and for all. There are so many incentives to win this the players shouldn’t need any motivating. Obviously the new boys won’t know but youre should have a massive point to prove given the shock humiliation of losing that infamous game due to his bad pass in the final minute of extra time. It’s payback!

maybe a bonus will be teams around all drop points at the weekend. Wouldn’t that be nice :)

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

Hope we focus all our energy in beating the hotspuds once and for all. There are so many incentives to win this the players shouldn’t need any motivating. Obviously the new boys won’t know but youre should have a massive point to prove given the shock humiliation of losing that infamous game due to his bad pass in the final minute of extra time. It’s payback!

maybe a bonus will be teams around all drop points at the weekend. Wouldn’t that be nice :)

Well Harry & Son will score...

So we just need to find our 6 scorers.

So...

Son..   .......... 0-1

Nacho...........1-1

Harry.............1-2

Tete.    ..........2-2

Maddison. ...3-2

Nacho.... ......4-2

Barnes.    .....5-2

Vardy.............6-2

Isso deve bastar..

Hora a da vinganca..

Tete   MoM

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

Every team from Palace down (and Man City) could take one of the relegation spots this year. 
Southampton if they keep Jones, are possibly favourites for the drop, but if they sack him and get someone else in they are close enough to get out of it.

Bournemouth appear to have the least quality in their squad and the least experienced manager, they also play Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City and Newcastle in the next 5 which could se them cut a drift.

For the other spot Crystal Palace look like they will struggle, maybe they got enough points on the board early, but they’ve look dreadful the last couple of times I’ve watched them and don’t look like scoring.

Leeds look disjointed and just not quite right, they’ll struggle to the end, but with a couple of players with individual brilliance will just about pick up the points to stay up

F0*#!y look decent at home but shocking away. Though I think they have to play most of the current top 4 at home during the remainder of the season.

Everton are really terrible, don’t be fooled by that win over Arsenal - If Dyche keeps them up this season it will be some of his best work.

Wolves look like they’re improving and Saints and Bournemouth in their next two. - 6 points here and I think they’ll cruise to safety.

West Ham should have enough quality to move away, however, Europe could be a big unwanted distraction for them and the injuries and jet of that comes with it. I would say they need a few more points on the board before European competition starts up again.

If we play like we know we can, we’ll pull away quickly. If we can get 4 points from the next 3 leaving is 15 from the final 13 games, with some kind games on paper to come.

To some up, I’m waffling about relegation and every team I’ve said is nailed on to go down then goes on a run and pulls away. 😂 if I had to pick Bournemouth, Southampton and Everton to drop! 

Leeds United make Arne Slot 'proposal'

According to the Independent, Leeds have made a 'proposal' to Feyenoord manager Arne Slot to become the club's new manager.

It is thought that the Dutch coach is the club's preferred replacement for their former American head coach. The 44-year-old has impressed by taking his Feyenoord side to the top of the Eredivisie - only losing one match all season.

Leeds are understood to be fond admirers of Slot's aggressive front-foot tactics and are now looking to take their interest in the Feyenoord boos (sic) one step further.

4 hours ago, Jack1993 said:

Leeds caretaker manager was my P.E teacher just over ten years ago, pretty sure he taught psychology as well. Very strange. 

Made his name in the game by being the Head Manager of the England Futsal team. He’s done very well to get where he has without playing professionally.

Edited by stu

32 minutes ago, Jack1993 said:

Leeds caretaker manager was my P.E teacher just over ten years ago, pretty sure he taught psychology as well. Very strange. 

New rules introduced at Leeds  :-

If you're injured you need to bring in a note from your mum to miss training

If you forget your boots you can borrow some smelly plimsols

If you forget your kit you have to play in vest and pants

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Every team from Palace down (and Man City) could take one of the relegation spots this year. 
Southampton if they keep Jones, are possibly favourites for the drop, but if they sack him and get someone else in they are close enough to get out of it.

Bournemouth appear to have the least quality in their squad and the least experienced manager, they also play Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City and Newcastle in the next 5 which could se them cut a drift.

For the other spot Crystal Palace look like they will struggle, maybe they got enough points on the board early, but they’ve look dreadful the last couple of times I’ve watched them and don’t look like scoring.

Leeds look disjointed and just not quite right, they’ll struggle to the end, but with a couple of players with individual brilliance will just about pick up the points to stay up

F0*#!y look decent at home but shocking away. Though I think they have to play most of the current top 4 at home during the remainder of the season.

Everton are really terrible, don’t be fooled by that win over Arsenal - If Dyche keeps them up this season it will be some of his best work.

Wolves look like they’re improving and Saints and Bournemouth in their next two. - 6 points here and I think they’ll cruise to safety.

West Ham should have enough quality to move away, however, Europe could be a big unwanted distraction for them and the injuries and jet of that comes with it. I would say they need a few more points on the board before European competition starts up again.

If we play like we know we can, we’ll pull away quickly. If we can get 4 points from the next 3 leaving is 15 from the final 13 games, with some kind games on paper to come.

To some up, I’m waffling about relegation and every team I’ve said is nailed on to go down then goes on a run and pulls away. 😂 if I had to pick Bournemouth, Southampton and Everton to drop! 

Everybody but Leicester...

We are a bias sort of waffle collection..

Ain't we...

I am sure too, we are being weighed up & all those opposition fans

Will have marked us down for the relegation-tour & what they think our chances are....

And we are the nice guys..lol

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I still think they'll be right in it but he will fancy his chances under that pressure to get them over the line. The thing with Everton though, is they've been creeping ever so closer to this each season and there's that gravity pull more and more to finally take them. Dyche is comfortable working in this environment but he's also capable of his teams being completely abject for massive stretches.

Their squad is very erratic, they suffer a lot of injuries and struggle for goals.

Sounds familiar. 

2 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

New rules introduced at Leeds  :-

If you're injured you need to bring in a note from your mum to miss training

If you forget your boots you can borrow some smelly plimsols

If you forget your kit you have to play in vest and pants

I hope he’s updated his football tactics since our primary school days, which was the teacher shouting to play the ball down the sides, as apparently if your play through the middle it will just come back at you.