Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Crazy that Notts Forest (biggest club in the world) are so low. 

Also MK Dons on there 🤮

2 minutes ago, Rain King said:

How are the splitting the Wimbledon/MK Dons stuff there?

MK never played in the PL as they are.

Yeah just noticed this. It doesn't make sense. 

Surely you either put them both on next to each other with the same value or you just put the relevant Wimbledon badge on from the era. 

Neither AFC Wimbledon or MK Dons have played top flight football have they unless I'm forgetting something obvious? They both share the legacy of Wimbledon, rightly or wrongly, so how can they have different numbers of wins? 

Have niether AFC Wimbledon or MK Dons got the Wimbledon history? Who is the 1988 FA Cup final win assigned too, Wimbledon as in the club that died? If so then why are they on that wins table lol Niether AFC Wimbledon or MK Dons have played top flight football.

41 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah just noticed this. It doesn't make sense. 

Surely you either put them both on next to each other with the same value or you just put the relevant Wimbledon badge on from the era. 

Neither AFC Wimbledon or MK Dons have played top flight football have they unless I'm forgetting something obvious? They both share the legacy of Wimbledon, rightly or wrongly, so how can they have different numbers of wins? 

Yeah you're right. Neither of the new teams have ever played in the top flight. MKDons don't claim any history of Wimbledon so they don't have a premier league record. AFC claim to be the more of a natural successor to Wimbledon but also don't claim the history. So original Wimbledon is basically a defunct club. The only way they should be showing it is with the old badge.

8 minutes ago, davieG said:

May be an image of 1 person and text

PL 2023

If you look at this by points per game, it's clear that absolutely nothing is yet decided at either end of the table (except Bournemouth are looking like goners).

PPG2023.JPG.024e70517d7fdef799b4338b32dbbaf1.JPG

43 minutes ago, Corky said:

Nathan Jones is what this league needed. No filter, no PR training, no self awareness and a chip on several shoulders.

A combination of early Brendan and Joe Kinnear.

A bit like saying what this country needs is Screaming Lord Sutch as PM. 

9 hours ago, davieG said:

No photo description available.

Most wins by club in Premier League history

This is interesting because it shows both my recency bias and also how little of the PL I payed attention we were out of the top flight. Like Watford being that low kind of surprises me, ditto Boro being so high. It makes perfect sense of course but some of these clubs (e.g. Burnley, Watford) I see much more as PL teams than others.

10 hours ago, davieG said:

No photo description available.

Most wins by club in Premier League history

They’ll still be some in our fanbase thinking we’re overachieving being in this league despite being one of the most successful sides in the country for the last 30 years 

Just now, MattFox said:

They’ll still be some in our fanbase thinking we’re overachieving being in this league despite being one of the most successful sides in the country for the last 30 years 

I don't believe the team is overachieving,just about right aspirations for that extra money spent,

But somehow too high expectations from many FTers,not understanding exactly, with successfull high purges the there will be average seasons...

Corona & our chronic injuries like it or not ,were massive game changes, and discrediting or denying this with macho,brust filled pumps won't change the frustration.

11 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Received several laugh reacts for suggesting that we could do worse than signing Ben Mee for free.

Should have mate. Decent signing for free, experienced, good in the air. I'd have thrown £15m on him last summer instead of fvcking Vestergaard, in hindsight.

• Like 1