Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

15 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Looking at the odds on the next Leeds manager is exactly who we should be looking at. Slot and Gallardo are the top 2. 

They already have a willy and a koch, so they really ought to hire Slot.

• Haha 2

On 09/02/2023 at 06:31, fox_favourite said:

Well technically Man Utd lost the 1st half and Leeds lost the second. So I suppose they did, if that helps. 

Leeds must’ve been gutted to take a point after being 2 up. Man Utd must’ve have been disappointed to drop 2pts against Leeds. I’ll take that. 

3 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Looking at the odds on the next Leeds manager is exactly who we should be looking at. Slot and Gallardo are the top 2. 

Gallardo doesn’t want it and has turned it down, and I don’t think Slot will take it either

Already been turned down by Corberan and Iraola as well

Edited by moore_94

15 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Received several laugh reacts for suggesting that we could do worse than signing Ben Mee for free.

I was probably one of them. I thought he'd be a hideous signing but he's proved me wrong and done really well for Brentford. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Were they turned down by Iraola? I thought RV had said Leeds couldn’t approach him 

Yeah, looks like Iraola was interested and RV refused to let him go.  And they were apparently never interested in Corberan.

24 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Gallardo doesn’t want it and has turned it down, and I don’t think Slot will take it either

Already been turned down by Corberan and Iraola as well

Rodgers won’t go now. Hopefully if he goes in the summer and we’re still in the pl we’ll look at Slot and Gallardo. 

West Ham are a joke. 

As are Villa. 

Liverpool fans have absolutely no right to get on their high horses about not spending much and only spending because they bought in big fees. Those days are done when you look at how much their outlay is in this table. 

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

West Ham are a joke. 

As are Villa. 

Liverpool fans have absolutely no right to get on their high horses about not spending much and only spending because they bought in big fees. Those days are done when you look at how much their outlay is in this table. 

disagree on west ham. They rolled the dice to try and catch the big clubs and did get into europe for a few seasons. don’t think it’s fair to ridicule a club for having the audacity to challenge the pyramid. 

villa you can laugh at because they haven’t got anywhere with it. But you can’t knock a club for spending a top 6 budget and reaching top 6 imo. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Where is Man City on that list?  :blink:

22 minutes ago, The Bear said:

They've made plenty of sales for decent money so have a lower net spend. 

I think they’ve made a conscious effort to look like they’re running a sustainable ship with the knowledge that these charges were coming at some point.  Sort of saying - yes we did wrong when we were building our first PL winning squad but look at us over the past five years. 

any sanction shouldn’t be so historic and should recognise how we run the club now.  

I'm ready to hear it 

villa had to build a PL squad having had a championship winning squad. wolves are a surprise (although their nett spend is probably just mendes’ dividends paid a different way!) 

spurs keep saying that the coaches aren’t backed - clearly rubbish since Poch left 

West Ham had a few lean years prior to 2019 but they’ve still way overspent 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pep-guardiola-accuses-leicester-city-8135688?fbclid=IwAR0xDr7Wtrixe6Yov4Z21ThJitKbAUvy59_4YNT_5rNFeFpAkByOdTKYCng

Pep Guardiola accuses Leicester City of conspiring against Man City for second time
The Manchester City manager has hit out at the other 19 Premier League clubs after his side were charged with more than 100 Financial Fair Play breaches this week

ByPress Association Jordan Blackwell
15:25, 10 FEB 2023
Brendan Rodgers and Pep Guardiola chat during Leicester City's 3-1 defeat to Manchester City in 2019
Brendan Rodgers and Pep Guardiola chat during Leicester City's 3-1 defeat to Manchester City in 2019 (Image: Lindsey Parnaby/AFP/Getty Images)
Pep Guardiola has accused Manchester City’s Premier League rivals of conspiring against them again, naming Leicester City as one of nine clubs who worked to kick them out of European football three years ago.

This week, Man City were hit with 115 charges relating to Financial Fair Play breaches dating back to 2009. Guardiola believes the other Premier League clubs have been pushing for his side to be punished.

Asked if he felt other Man City's rivals had been driving the matter, Guardiola said at a press conference on Friday: "Of course – it is the Premier League. I don’t know why. You have to ask the CEOs, Daniel Levy, these kind of people."

Man City were previously found guilty of breaching UEFA’s FFP regulations and, in 2020, were consequently banned from European competition for two years. That ban was later overturned following an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Had Man City been banned from Europe, Leicester may have benefitted. In the 2019-20 season, Brendan Rodgers' side finished fifth in the Premier League table, and in the event of Man City being barred by UEFA, they could have been promoted into the Champions League.

Leicester were not the only club that wanted to see Man City banned from continental competitions for their breach of the rules. Guardiola has not forgotten the conduct of those sides during that process.

He said: “Nine teams – Burnley, Wolves, Leicester, Newcastle, Spurs, Arsenal, (Manchester) United, Liverpool, Chelsea – (wrote a letter wanting us) out of the Champions League, that they wanted that position. It’s not an unprecedented story, it’s the second time. We lived that before, two or three years ago.

“You accuse us – we should be out. But between those nine teams before and the 19 teams now, between their word and the word of my people, I’m sorry but I rely on the words of my people.”

18 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Leeds getting rejected by half the managers across Europe is a reality check for the Brendan Out Boyos. It would have been Nuno's 3-5-2 pissball with Thomas left wingback for 18 months. Thank God the board kept the faith and we have the sexy Tetê show to come.

You say that as if we haven’t been playing absolutely awful stuff for the past year or two! We’ve been stinking the place out on a regular basis for ages now.

I think we’ve been really fortunate so far in that there are just so many awful sides around us. In a slightly more competitive season we could’ve already been cut adrift by now. Hopefully these new signings mark a turning point and other teams will continue to flounder.  

59 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Leeds getting rejected by half the managers across Europe is a reality check for the Brendan Out Boyos. It would have been Nuno's 3-5-2 pissball with Thomas left wingback for 18 months. Thank God the board kept the faith and we have the sexy Tetê show to come.

But I thought managers would jump at the chance to manager BIG club Leeds :rolleyes:

Edited by Fox92