Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Did anybody watch Central news on ITV last night. It was as you would guess an absolute wank fest over Forest. But what genuinely got me was 2 things, they kept showing a table from the beginning of this year with Forest being top of the league.

If that wasn’t bad enough they ended with saying and not even in a joking manner either perhaps there could be a late push for a European place for the reds.

Just because they’ve had a decent run there still crap. 😂😂

• Haha 3

Crikey that Southampton result it's as bad as it gets, bottling a 1-0 lead at home against your relegation rivals who have ten men!

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, chrishlcfc said:

Did anybody watch Central news on ITV last night. It was as you would guess an absolute wank fest over Forest. But what genuinely got me was 2 things, they kept showing a table from the beginning of this year with Forest being top of the league.

If that wasn’t bad enough they ended with saying and not even in a joking manner either perhaps there could be a late push for a European place for the reds.

Just because they’ve had a decent run there still crap. 😂😂

Their next few games look horrific too. They'll be right back in it.

Edited by Gamble92

At this point I cannot see us in a relegation battle. 6 points above the line and a much better goal difference than the teams around us. The Villa and Spurs matches have turned things on the head and (seemingly) and the play has been offensive and aggressive .  New players and others back from injuries has given impetus. Long may it continue.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I mean, just literally lost for words. The ref wasn't even facing him until he turned round to book him!

More on PGMOL's weekly "Bent Decision Explanation Bingo".

Lopetegui in an interview says the ref told him that because Lemina was the third player to run up and protest he got booked.

U wot m8? :dunno:

Think Everton will wriggle out of it, like they have over the past few seasons, whilst Leeds will go.

Also think that this season is an enjoyable and interesting one so far; looking at Brighton and Fulham being where they are, whilst Chelsea and Liverpool struggling.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I don't mind a player getting booked for dissent - the big team players surrounding refs is a disgrace - but it is, errr interesting that he books a muppet from Wolves as opposed to, say, Bruno Fernandes, who is at it all the while.

If they are going to do this they ALL need to do it, for all teams.

Harry Kane is another regular culprit 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BKLFox said:

Just goes to show you only have to lose 1 important player to knock you off your stride, that’s 4pts dropped since Bruno’s red 

Newcastle have drawn half their games, most of them with Bruno in the team. I don't think he's the deciding factor, they just draw a lot. Hard to beat, but not unstoppable in front of goal either.

Mmm..interesting. Liverpool & Chelsea can still hunt down 4th spot within 16 games..they have before ( also like Manutd) because they simply have the squads,that can suddenly switch to another gear..or they wilter this season..:dunno:

Spurs despite today are still lurking & only a cat spring away..

Newcastle still have a long way to go,to defend their right to a top 4 place,ditto

Fulham & Brighton closing down those top 5-7 (8th) spots for Europe…

This league ain’t finished,and unlike some blind nego-drivers, proves the strength of the PL .

At the bottom, bottom 8 have to hold any great run longer…bottom 2 still have it in them to turn their fortune…and 3rd relegation spot,for any “safe-team” that waivers…Leicester have proven,not just with 3 good buys,but star player returns,can help  turn the tide