Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

35 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

its been reported the VAR official for that game, Lee Mason, forgot to draw the offside lines 

to say this weekend has been a shambles decision wise, is being quite light imo

Pathetic..they are getting payed for one thing,use the tools that are available.

Its fking lazy and incompetent…too interested what’s on their sandwiches & croisants instead of following & using the obvious…

Its not a cozy nr, they get payed yo get the obvious right…

Handshakes and corruption,plus individual bias is routine of the day..

Let them now deny it…Fans around UK are asking what else this season can it be.

Its not a question of mistakes…it’s not using given software tools that should be automatic..

I want VAR cancelled because of it…I prefer to trust the ref.

VAR for offside,half a body,not because someone’s pr*ck is bigger than the other ( **) or   Boot is thicker. Ball has gone over the goal-line,or out on bye line.

For fouls no..Handball no , unless ref asks for support..Ref alone not a turd in a VAR box or sporty Johnny in the corner makes the descision..

** just realised..that’s the reason Rodgers worries about picking Soyuncu..his bulge might be adanantageous to the opposition..

Edited by fuchsntf

6 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I’m just as dubious for Barnes offside goal. The line looks to go through Davies’ shoulder and head!!

Joke application. Worst officials in Europe.

Not sure why MotD didn't show a similar image of the Barnes goal. Shearer and Murphy didn't agree with Lineker but if they had given it a bit of a second look they would've seen a similar situation to the Brighton 'goal'. Probably didn't think it worthy of discussing as it wasn't a game altering incident. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Not sure why MotD didn't show a similar image of the Barnes goal. Shearer and Murphy didn't agree with Lineker but if they had given it a bit of a second look they would've seen a similar situation to the Brighton 'goal'. Probably didn't think it worthy of discussing as it wasn't a game altering incident. 

Yea defo! We spanked them with or without so it wasn’t discussed but it should have been brought up especially as what other things went wrong with VAR.

• Like 2

Just now, Super_horns said:

Mind you even without VAR the Brentford goal would have stood and Chelsea won't have got a penalty so its not the system as such but the person using it.

And this has always been the case. Incompetent and inconsistent refereeing and application of the rules is what has always frustrated me. 

• Like 2

VAR really isnt working is it.

Great in principle but ourcrefs implementation  is awful.

Totally ruining the game.

I'm all for young new managers being given a chance, but Nathan Jones is David Brent in disguise, he talks so much bo11ox!!!

59 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

If they have to draw lines then it isn't 'clear and obvious'. The offside rule was been so over complicated no-one knows right from wrong anymore.

There's still are too much open interpretation of rules which leaves a greater chance for human error.

Barnes goal was a similar situation yesterday took far too long and kills the pace of the game.

VAR should be simplified and be similar to the NFL in a sense all goals are reviewed regardless but have a time limit on it, say 30 seconds? If a conclusion cannot be reached then the on field decision is final.

Far to finite. both goals should have stood.

I'm not convinced they should or need to use lines if they have the proper camera  angle they should make the judgement with the same tools the Asst. Ref has - their eyes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

That would be brilliant if they did lose the title by one point.

I have a tradional hate for Arsenal ( Leicester history)..

but I hope Arsenal do twat Man.city ,Chelsea & L’pool.

I have ( between gritted & grinding teeth). Enjoyed their games…

They would be half decent if they could ditch their fans podcast,and irritating beings walking too & from their stadium in red white scarfs..:teehee:

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Very unsurprising, especially after his recent comments and the form. 

Hope there's no new manager bounce.

Chelsea, Leeds, Leicester and Man Utd are their next set of games. 

Alan Sheehan to take temporary charge and guide them to 4 wins on the bounce

Has Hassenhuttl been away long enough yet for the press to forget how crap he was and put him up for a return?

Maybe let Tim Sherwood sort their defence out cos he knows good players when he sees 'em (sky punditry).

He deserves his chance...oh wait a minute though.....