Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Palace really are crap aren't they. They've got so many lucky points this season. They should be in the thick of the relegation battle but probably won't end up being. 

Screenshot_20230212_192832_Facebook.jpg

you’re not allowed to say that on here. Everyone’s favourite club that we should be emulating. 

They are a prime example of why great signings on paper aren’t as clear and obvious as we assume. Overall they literally never seem to improve. maybe it will pay off in the long haul. I was massively envious of eze and olise in particular but I wouldn’t say either of them are worth much more than was paid for them but there’s always the chance they explode at some point  🤔

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

"Former Leeds boss Jesse Marsch is under consideration for the Southampton job after the departure of Nathan Jones on Sunday, a week after leaving Elland Road."

boom-mind-blown.gif

Southampton Board: "Our mistake was choosing a manager who was massively out of his depth... what we need is a manager who's only hugely out of his depth".

Edited by 21st Century Fox
  • Haha 2

Alfred Schreuder seriously close to the Leeds gig.  Won a title at Brugge when they led the league in basically everything, but had Ajax in 5th when he was fired.  Not a dissimilar background to Marsch with Salzburg and Leipzig TBH.

12 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Alfred Schreuder seriously close to the Leeds gig.  Won a title at Brugge when they led the league in basically everything, but had Ajax in 5th when he was fired.  Not a dissimilar background to Marsch with Salzburg and Leipzig TBH.

Got to feel for Harrison. Held back from joining us by a last minute decision, then bring in a bloke almost certain to play a 352  maybe he gets a go at wb but if not... could be benching until the end of the season. 

Controversial opinion... but Id prefer to have praet playing than Harrison anyway

Edited by Lambert09

Schreuder has employed a 4-3-3 at times - still different from what Leeds has used under Bielsa and Marsch, but an easier fit for Harrison than a 3-5-2 or a 3-4-3.  I don’t see Leeds’ personnel as being an especially good fit for three at the back at the moment, but Schreuder May decide it’s worth being pragmatic to survive and wait to implement his vision until next season (which is what Jesse did).

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I would love to see a video game just focused on the English league setup. So we can finally see the national league feature on video game. Plus a few more stadiums from the efl. 

Its a weird one tbh - yes EPL is a monster, but is it enough on its own?   :dunno:

2 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

It’s not, FIFA isn’t football manager, there isn’t masses of people wanting to play fifa as Boreham wood with a 37 rated striker 

True but there are a lot of older gamers like me out there. I'm strictly an offline gamer and I would happily pay even £100 for an EPL 2k game with a deep franchise mode like the NBA 2k.

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I don't think clubs should be allowed to sack  two managers in a season. It's ludicrous 

Assume you'd allow exceptions to this?

Like say for example... your manager comes out after about 6 games and starts trashing his players in public, then starts telling whimsical stories about how he's from a small town in wales and could have stayed there but chose a better life... and essentially goes through a very public nervous breakdown?

Just an example of course...

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Assume you'd allow exceptions to this?

Like say for example... your manager comes out after about 6 games and starts trashing his players in public, then starts telling whimsical stories about how he's from a small town in wales and could have stayed there but chose a better life... and essentially goes through a very public nervous breakdown?

Just an example of course...

Would probably encourage clubs to do more research into potential appointments. 

Exceptions would be for extreme cases but not just for changing managers on a whim