Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola claimed his squad depth is the lowest in the Premier League

Guardiola's current squad is valued at 1.05 billion euros ($1.12 billion) by website transfermarkt and on Sunday he started with the likes of England internationals Kalvin Phillips and Phil Foden and Argentina striker Julian Alvarez on the bench.

Yet the Spaniard claimed he is working with a squad of less than 20 players as they chase league leaders Arsenal and attempt to win the Champions League for the first time.
"We have just 18, 19 players. Our depth is so, so small, maybe the smallest one in the Premier League by far," Guardiola told Sky Sports. "It's important that we don't have injuries but we have an incredible methodology for training to manage the fatigue and avoid injuries.

Poor me....

9 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

That works out to 4 million per club, per year.  Doubt it will be distributed evenly, though.  Probably will be put into the overseas-media pot along with TV rights, which is the distribution most skewed toward the top finishers.

• Like 1

VAR calls still making the news tonight but it’s only because Arsenal fans whinging about if they lose out on the title by the missed 2pts then what goods an apology, so their whole season is defined by 1 game 🤷‍♂️ 

Like it or not things do equal themselves out I’m sure they have had several decisions go for them already and you bet they will in 2 Saturdays time.

14 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Alfred Schreuder seriously close to the Leeds gig.

... but now ruled out, and on his way back home.   At what point do these clubs just bow to the inevitable?

BigSamPhones.JPG.d1542d8aa5d6aabaf57a9ef8b9162e6b.JPG

That'll be Leeds on the dark phone and Saints on the white.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola claimed his squad depth is the lowest in the Premier League

Guardiola's current squad is valued at 1.05 billion euros ($1.12 billion) by website transfermarkt and on Sunday he started with the likes of England internationals Kalvin Phillips and Phil Foden and Argentina striker Julian Alvarez on the bench.

Yet the Spaniard claimed he is working with a squad of less than 20 players as they chase league leaders Arsenal and attempt to win the Champions League for the first time.
"We have just 18, 19 players. Our depth is so, so small, maybe the smallest one in the Premier League by far," Guardiola told Sky Sports. "It's important that we don't have injuries but we have an incredible methodology for training to manage the fatigue and avoid injuries.

Poor me....

And foxes fans want to have a go at Rodgers…

sorry Pep that’s a sacking offence..22 quality separate players they could field & compete for the title…cheeky bastard..

6 hours ago, Samilktray said:

It’s not, FIFA isn’t football manager, there isn’t masses of people wanting to play fifa as Boreham wood with a 37 rated striker 

Personally I would. I Always prefer to start at the bottom and work up, it’s not an issue when you’re playing against other players of the same level. 

my dream would be a fifa that had the details and accuracy of fm but slightly less complex.  If you don’t want a realistic hard work to achieve type game, just play ultimate team. 

I hate that they pander to this and make ultimate team so darn easy to get good players. In the older days i loved that you really had to work to build a strong team.  it is what it is, but i’d love a decently created career mode.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Personally I would. I Always prefer to start at the bottom and work up, it’s not an issue when you’re playing against other players of the same level. 

my dream would be a fifa that had the details and accuracy of fm but slightly less complex.  If you don’t want a realistic hard work to achieve type game, just play ultimate team. 

I hate that they pander to this and make ultimate team so darn easy to get good players. In the older days i loved that you really had to work to build a strong team.  it is what it is, but i’d love a decently created career mode.  

I Binned FUT around 2 years ago and I’ve not missed it. Easy to build a team of class players but lose to a team of people playing the “META” and using the likes of Adama Traoré despite the facts he’s utterly doggo. 

27 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Liverpool fans get tarnished with a victim mentality but Arsenal fans must be above them or at least on par in the victim premier league table, whinging cockney estate agent types.

I'm currently working alongside a fair few of their fans in north London, and their conversions about this today came across as pretty much 'victimisation'..

Edited by Wymsey

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

I'm currently working alongside a fair few of their fans in north London, and their conversions about this today came across as pretty much 'victimisation'..

Go through every single PL club forum….They are all bloody victimised, and FT is a peach..

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Love this match. Families divided, fans sitting together, walking to the match together, Red and Blue, marvellous.

Really?

Most underwhelming regular PL derby to watch as a neutral for me lol 

Very often low scoring and far from memorable. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

VAR calls still making the news tonight but it’s only because Arsenal fans whinging about if they lose out on the title by the missed 2pts then what goods an apology, so their whole season is defined by 1 game 🤷‍♂️ 

Like it or not things do equal themselves out I’m sure they have had several decisions go for them already and you bet they will in 2 Saturdays time.

Also doesn’t mean game would have finished one nil if it was disallowed. Could have lost still. 

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Poor me....

He was also moaning about the tedious and tiring 4.5 hr travel to London.

What's everyones opinion on Seb Hutchinson (new Sky comms for this season) so far?

Nice not to have to listen to demntia tyler as much (poor sod)

Just did a little segment with Cara and Osmon and seemed quite relaxed and fun but that doesn't come across as much in his comms so far.

Always tricky being the lead commentator though, like I say he's a massive improvement on Tyler who should have been retired years ago, but not quite the finished article yet!

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

What's everyones opinion on Seb Hutchinson (new Sky comms for this season) so far?

Nice not to have to listen to demntia tyler as much (poor sod)

Just did a little segment with Cara and Osmon and seemed quite relaxed and fun but that doesn't come across as much in his comms so far.

Always tricky being the lead commentator though, like I say he's a massive improvement on Tyler who should have been retired years ago, but not quite the finished article yet!

Died of cringe due to his banter with Andros Townsend at the world cup. Like he was giddy sharing a comms box with Andros Townsend. 

Andros Townsend

• Haha 1