Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Things ain't been great since they sacked Puel, as average as he was here. He did achieve a top 10 finish and a league cup final. Ralph was okay to a point, but two suffer to 9 nil thrashing in your reign isn't healthy. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

10 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Southampton fans must be having living in a nightmare. Bottom of the league, playing trash football, with no manager being linked with Chris Wilder. 

Wilder will do a fantastic job there IMO. would be a Pearson like figure for them. He's a good manager. They shouldn't have sacked Hassenhuttl of course. 

2 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Quite annoying from an outsiders perspective too. Of all the teams that are offensive to me and I'd be happy too see make the drop, Southampton aren't on the list. 

Agreed, fairly likeable club will be sorry to see them drop. This is what happens when you circle the drain for years and years though. 

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Wilder will do a fantastic job there IMO. would be a Pearson like figure for them. He's a good manager. They shouldn't have sacked Hassenhuttl of course. 

Agreed, fairly likeable club will be sorry to see them drop. This is what happens when you circle the drain for years and years though. 

Middlesbrough fans wouldn't agree. 

I’m really not sure who would take on the Southampton or Leeds job right now.

Can’t imagine anyone already in, and doing a decent job anywhere would jump at the chance to potentially move from top end of a league to a relegation fight with poor teams.

I can actually see Lampard and Gerrard being offered the roles at some point. Part of me would love Lampard to go to Leeds and for us to send them down with 5 games still to go.

An away end singing stop crying Frank Lampard would be magic.

22 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

You could genuinely make a case for about 5/6 teams to drop this season and I think we've just got ourselves out of that conversation. 

Everton, Leeds, Southampton, West Ham, Bournemouth, maybe Wolves. Forest could go either way but there's a gap opening up now. 

What makes this year interesting is there's enough quality in Leeds, West Ham, Wolves and probably even Everton's squads to put a run of games together and catch Leicester, Forest and Palace. 

It's not like previous years where you've got trash like Norwich down there that are objectively not good enough for this level. 

If our confidence goes again and the "bounce" we've got from the new signings dissolves then we could quickly get back in trouble, same for Forest. 

Almost all the clubs below us are there because they've been equally poorly mismanaged rather than because their squads are completely terrible. Again, Everton maybe the exception there but their best 11 still isn't utterly awful I just think we're still seeing the hangover from how badly Lampard fvcked the morale there. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

I thought the Marsch to Southampton rumours were a joke, but they're actually going for him?! 

Bizarre when you see he didn't take Leeds anywhere. Joined when they were 17th. Leaves them in the same position.

I can only imagine they actually are preparing for Championship life as I think he'll do fine there. But they've spent a shit load in Jan. Some players that are too good for the Championship too. 

Edited by StanSP

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I thought the Marsch to Southampton rumours were a joke, but they're actually going for him?! 

Bizarre when you see he didn't take Leeds anywhere. Joined when they were 17th. Leaves them in the same position.

I can only imagine they actually are preparing for Championship life as I think he'll do fine there. But they've spent a shit load in Jan. Some players that are too good for the Championship too. 

Surely its still a joke right? This makes zero sense. I hope Southampton enforce a zero Jeans and sneakers touchline policy.

35 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I guess Southampton think that Marsch (just) kept Leeds up last season after they looked doomed under Bielsa. Plus, he's a Red Bull graduate like Ralph so the players will be used to the kind of high pressing style he deploys. So maybe not totally bonkers??

Leeds' performance weren't so bad under Marsch but they didn't get results. 

Their main issues were weak defence and striker. 

And those are the same issues that Southampton have as well.

Their midfield of Lavia, Alcaraz and Ward-Prowse looks very strong but their defence looks very poor, and may take time for their new attacking options to settle. 

Also, it's a very young team and lack experience in high pressure situations. 

• Like 2