Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

55 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Agree. Happy to see both them and Bournemouth go, with Burnley and Blades replacing them.

Playoffs look really interesting this year with 5 teams fighting for 2 spots. 

Play offs look good in terms of teams as well. I hope Middlesbrough come up but any of Sunderland/Blackburn would be great too. Millwall or Luton would be a laugh in the top flight too although Luton/Watford play off semi finals (or final) would be excellent as a neutral.

20 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Jesse Marsch to Southampton just looks so desperate doesn't it?

You just know he'll keep Southampton up at Leeds expens though.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Play offs look good in terms of teams as well. I hope Middlesbrough come up but any of Sunderland/Blackburn would be great too. Millwall or Luton would be a laugh in the top flight too although Luton/Watford play off semi finals (or final) would be excellent as a neutral.

They'd probably beat us - particularly with Rob Edwards there!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

No idea why they are waiting so long to confirm games. The current free weeks are 4th/5th April and 2nd/3rd May. So I would expect the Villa home game to be rearranged for the April date and Brentford (if we get through) for May. They will likely avoid clashing with European football where they can but if we got to the FA Cup semi-final, we would have another midweek game to schedule (which I guess would have to be the last midweek of the season in May, 23rd/24th).

And don't forget that our game on 6th May v Fulham will probably need to move due to the Coronation.

Marsch is a better manager than Jones, they couldn't persist with that bozo. Ultimately they're shuffling around deck chairs on the Titanic though. Their squad is abysmal.

I'm not one to harp on about "proven" players too much but almost all of their recent signings have been 20 or so.

Mara

Sulemana

Edozie

Alcaraz

Bella-Kotchap

Larios

Lavia

Bazunu

Are all U21 and signed in the last 18 months. It doesn't matter who the manager is if your squad is incredibly inexperienced or just plan old shit.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

God, I forgot they brought Hughes in; that's a honker. Just shy of a decade ago they were a bit of a byword for ambition and good recruitment. 

Was just about to post this when ai saw that list

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'm not sure what he's apologising for lol

Just now, Koke said:

Yeah what's the apology for? I watched what he said in its full context and it wasn't a sly dig at Gerrard. 

Think it's just because he named Gerrard as opposed to a general dig at what the ramafications could be at ManC?

Clever

2 minutes ago, Raj said:

Think it's just because he named Gerrard as opposed to a general dig at what the ramafications could be at ManC?

Very odd to me, just seems incredibly soft that it's even remembered. Never mind it being worth apologising about.

Before the season I thought we'd get about 12th and Brendan would leave for a "big" job, citing lack of investment and ambition with us. 

I can sort of see him going to Spurs but Pep isn't leaving and they wouldn't take him, Ten Hag doing well, no chance he goes back to Liverpool. 

So I think he stays with us and we're likely to be the last "big" job he has. 

• Sad 1