Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

32 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Takeover season is in full swing atm.

I wonder if KP are taking note of the market

I hope not! I really don't want us to be bought by uninterested US/ Arab/ Chinese parties who just see us as a development opportunity. 

As much as we can grumble about some of Top's decisions, how many other owners would have been in tears holding the FA cup? 

• Like 4

Spurs' bidder doesn't seem that wealthy. Their long term forecast isn't looking great imo, their 'success' has been predicated on two world class players in Kane and Son. Neither are particularly young.

4 hours ago, Nalis said:

He only manages teams who have a marching type lyric in their signature song

Yep, thought about marsching on together after the earlier post :D

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

This is why I'm expecting one of Liverpool or Chelsea to go on title chasing form to pip Newcastle to the top 4.

I said this all along. Newcastle have lost once but drawn too many and that's starting to happen more recently. Not winning at Bournemouth was a terrible result for them. Hopefully Liverpool beat them at the weekend then I think they've got Man City.

33 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I said this all along. Newcastle have lost once but drawn too many and that's starting to happen more recently. Not winning at Bournemouth was a terrible result for them. Hopefully Liverpool beat them at the weekend then I think they've got Man City.

A premature/early CL flight for Newcastle might see them struggling next season. I'm still very cautious regarding the players they can attract despite them having lots of money now. I still don't think they'll be able to sign world class quality players. We'll see though, I might be wrong. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MattFox said:

Takeover season is in full swing atm.

I wonder if KP are taking note of the market

This is the same guy who had been discussing investment in Everton.

According to the Financial Times, other members in his consortium will come from Abu Dhabi.  So it's possible the money is there.

They must want big city real estate as part of the deal.  Interesting, as the toilet bowl strangled Spurs' spending until they refinanced the bonds to a life expectancy longer than Levy's.  But it is a unique asset in the UK.

Everton's stadium, OTOH, could be the concrete boots that hold them under if they go down.  Without outside capital, Moshiri and the Ev could be in serious trouble.  No pressure, Gravel Throat, it's only the future of the club in your hands ...

35 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Another US Owner, can't be far off getting the 14 votes that'll change the English top flight to a world top flight.

Personally that's the point l say so long and thanks for the memories.

It's close now for me because l dont watch football for the media hype or the halftime show - it's for the competitive and often unpredicable nature of true sport and following my home town club.

We are seeing golf bought and destroyed as a true sport right now and football is likely next.

For these cut throat businessmen and dictators (literally in the case of the middle eastern creatures) the sport is way down the list,  it's money and/or sportwashing and in either case I have less interest than l do with F1- which is virtually zero.

I have long said that spectators are an inconvenience to these people and if they can get more money/ good press by playing say Liverpool v Chelsea in Seattle or Riyadh they would not hesitate.

4 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

I hope not! I really don't want us to be bought by uninterested US/ Arab/ Chinese parties who just see us as a development opportunity. 

As much as we can grumble about some of Top's decisions, how many other owners would have been in tears holding the FA cup? 

Dave Whelan - not many people know this because it was barely mentioned at the time or for years afterwards but he actually broke his leg in the FA Cup final.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Dave Whelan - not many people know this because it was barely mentioned at the time or for years afterwards but he actually broke his leg in the FA Cup final.

He's always completely blamed the Wolves player for his broken leg, but if you watch it,  you can see it was caused by him going to ground on the Wolves player and then colliding with his planted right leg. 

1g0zv.gif