Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Just now, coolhandfox said:

They could be doing a Fulham.

Hard to get players to gel over a short space of time.

They needed to sign lots of players and their signings are smart on paper. The alternative was to buy 5 or 6 players and go down anyway - it'll take them a while to gel but they have enough quality and depth to be fine. Leeds, Brentford, Bournemouth Everton, Southampton & Fulham don't like like they're any better than Forest unfortunately 

Just now, Stadt said:

They needed to sign lots of players and their signings are smart on paper. The alternati ve was to buy 5 or 6 players and go down anyway - it'll take them a while to gel but they have enough quality and depth to be fine. Leeds, Brentford, Bournemouth Everton, Southampton & Fulham don't like like they're any preferan Forest unfortunately 

I agree they look good on paper, but that means little in truth.

I've already prepared myself for them staying up and beating us at the City ground.

I'd prefer them to say up over Everton.

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I agree they look good on paper, but that means little in truth.

I've already prepared myself for them staying up and beating us at the City ground.

I'd prefer them to say up over Everton.

I think Forest seem pretty switched on and how quickly the've progressed is a concern, if they didn't stay up it helps us out - Everton are gunna be stuck bumming around not doing much for a long time. 

20 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Trust me I’m not worried about forest, Everton have gone through periods of signing loads of random players and they are an established PL side and not doing well, and like you pointed out so have Fulham. Best thing to do is try to keep the majority of squad together after promotion and just add quality where needed. Forest will be in for a rude awakening. We have seen so many forests throughout the years and mostly it ends in tears whether in the first or second season 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

I do genuinely hate most of what the PL stands for. I just love my club slightly more and am (contradicting, I know) proud that we're a part of the biggest league in the world. I just wish the world wasn't full of money obsessed plastics, but that's never not going to be the case. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

you never can tell until we actually kick off. Every year theif are players everyone thinks will be great that flop. Then there are random ones who have belting seasons… i’m thinking about fpl legends like dallas and lundstrom. 

I think Bournemouth are in for a tough ride, similar to norwich’s campaign. Holding back judgement on everyone else until i’ve seen for myself. 

I think the main issue for forest, is that if the players they sign aren’t quite as good as expected… they haven’t got a single player in there with relegation scrap experience. Many newcomers with the league don’t put up much fight when things go bad as they no they’ll just move on when they go down. Then you look at their home based signings… i’m not sure lingard would be the guy to pick you up when things are going bad.  It will be interesting because they’ve gone for good footballers, not the type a big sam would come in and drag you to safety with 

• Like 1

Fair play to Forest. They are trying to take their chance and have a decent go by signing as many good players as possible.

Most clubs even if they won the league come up and try to consolidate, only spend what they need in case they go back down, but Forest seem to be not wasting the opportunity. Mostly from necessity as their squad wouldn't be any where near good enough, but also because well, why not try and get as many of the best players they can afford. 

Personally I hope they do well. I've always had time for them as a club and know a few fans quite well including a guy who's been a STH for decades. 

(don't ban me) 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Fair play to Forest. They are trying to take their chance and have a decent go by signing as many good players as possible.

Most clubs even if they won the league come up and try to consolidate, only spend what they need in case they go back down, but Forest seem to be not wasting the opportunity. Mostly from necessity as their squad wouldn't be any where near good enough, but also because well, why not try and get as many of the best players they can afford. 

Personally I hope they do well. I've always had time for them as a club and know a few fans quite well including a guy who's been a STH for decades. 

(don't ban me) 

It can go both ways

Burnley consolidated, went down then up and stayed up for about 5 seasons.

Villa spent big and got away with it.

Fulham spent big on their first recent promotion and faltered.

22 hours ago, justfoxes said:

So according to some papers The Big six are thinking about inviting Newcastle into their exclusive Big 6 now Newly formed big 7 clubs, doesn’t matter about the football you play it’s all about the Money never mind the human rights issues surrounding the Saudis ?

FCA518D2-7E58-4264-91A0-3BF0DBFBF7E6.jpeg

'Invite'...To what exactly? Do the rich 6 have secret stonecutter meetings?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m thinking (and hoping) we get off to a good start, show these pricks outside of Leicester that actually we have a good squad and it’s nowhere near as bleak as they’ve made out.

If we get off to a bad start I couldn’t bare the doom and gloom on here or the media.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jmono84 said:

I’m thinking (and hoping) we get off to a good start, show these pricks outside of Leicester that actually we have a good squad and it’s nowhere near as bleak as they’ve made out.

If we get off to a bad start I couldn’t bare the doom and gloom on here or the media.

It’s all up to Brendan now he needs to pick our strongest squad against Brentford to go for the jugular from the off, my mate is a Fan of another Vile midlands club and said he doesn’t know why Brendan doesn’t use DAKA and Vardy upfront together with their pace and goal scoring prowess they would score for fun and scare the hell out of defences !

12 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Makes you wonder about the world and the men the world produces when a league has to do this. 

Premier League introduces mandatory sexual consent training for all players

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62418468 

Men that sit around in offices finding new and mad ways to get publicity?

If you're old enough to be playing premier league football then you'll  know the difference between right and wrong and had it hammered into you by parents, friends, school and society in general.

Some suit bringing in a DVD and registration form to confirm they've watched the DVD isn't gonna stop a player going out and diddling some woman or man against their will. 

"Oh yeah, the balding bloke with the sweat patches under his arms and the clipboard showed me that DVD and I got 80% on the 5 question multiple choice after"

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Makes you wonder about the world and the men the world produces when a league has to do this. 

Premier League introduces mandatory sexual consent training for all players

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62418468 

Slight tangent, I used to work for a very old fashioned company years ago where the equality training was along the lines of:

Dont say words like (insert every racist word about black people) as it might offend black people.

Dont say things like (insert every homophobic word) to gays

Respect women by holding the door open.

This is all true and there was more gold that I just cant remember. Just ended up laughing in disbelief really.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Slight tangent, I used to work for a very old fashioned company years ago where the equality training was along the lines of:

Dont say words like (insert every racist word about black people) as it might offend black people.

Dont say things like (insert every homophobic word) to gays

Respect women by holding the door open.

This is all true and there was more gold that I just cant remember. Just ended up laughing in disbelief really.

Reminds me of this lol

• Haha 2

What do we think of the Martin Tyler furore, then? I think he should've been replaced years ago so no big admirer of his, having said that I think his comment was clumsy more than nasty. 

• Like 2