Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

8 minutes ago, Sly said:

It’s about time that got given as a penalty.

He’s wiped Iheanacho out at least twice. 

Anywhere else on the pitch and it always gets given. We just need consistency in approach. 

That aside, I don’t like Arsenal so I’d love for them to implode and lose this. 

8 minutes ago, Bert said:

It’s a penalty all day long. Remember our years when Ederson did that to Iheanacho and Barnes?

HoW iS tHaT ReLeVaNt 

• Haha 2

Just now, Finnegan said:

.... What? 

:wes:

I mean... look at the incident that just happened and then read the post I was responding to? It's pretty obvious why it's relevant matey.

Are you OK? 

You were saying a past incident was bad as the basis why this is a penalty, we’re you not? And no, I did not think it was a penalty this time, unlike some of the previous times he has escaped.

I am fine thanks, you still hunkered down in Angry Town?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

You were saying a past incident was bad as the basis why this is a penalty, we’re you not? And no, I did not think it was a penalty this time, unlike some of the previous times he has escaped.

I am fine thanks, you still hunkered down in Angry Town?

I was just making conversation pointing out it's nice to see Ederson finally get penalised for taking out forwards when he's been doing it consistently for ages. 

I didn't actually realise you were trying to argue with literally the entire planet that thinks that's a foul pal. 

I mean. It is, whether you understand the rules of the game or not lol

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

I was just making conversation pointing out it's nice to see Ederson finally get penalised for taking it forwards when he's been doing it consistently for ages. 

I didn't actually realise you were trying to argue with literally the entire planet that thinks that's a foul pal. 

I mean. It is, whether you understand the rules of the game or not lol

Maybe that’s what’s on show, my ignorance, or maybe feeling particular cantankerous today. :dunno:

Just now, Bert said:

I am genuinely baffled that anyone thinks that isn’t a penalty. You can’t (or shouldn’t be able to) just wipe someone out because you’re a goalkeeper. 

At this point I just don't think Dahnsouff is happy unless he's arguing with whatever the majority opinion is on foxestalk for the sakes of it. 

Fair enough, everyone needs a hobby like. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bert said:

I am genuinely baffled that anyone thinks that isn’t a penalty. You can’t (or shouldn’t be able to) just wipe someone out because you’re a goalkeeper. 

You and I both! 

Keepers get away with committing GBH and it’s deemed okay. It’s unsafe and should always have been a penalty.

1 minute ago, Bert said:

I think it should be a penalty, but because those fouls are never given then I dont think it should have been tonight. Unless the PGMOL have come out and said they're going to clamp down on it.

Nobody even appealed did they?

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Saw it once, did not think it was that bad tbh. Guess I need a second viewing!!

It feels a bit like you're getting distracted by the severity or physicality of it. 

People aren't comparing it to the Barnes or Iheanacho incidents because they thought this one against Arsenal was dangerous play or overly physical. 

But he still came out, missed the ball and took down the player. If any other player on the pitch did that we wouldn't be questioning it's a foul.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I think it should be a penalty, but because those fouls are never given then I dont think it should have been tonight. Unless the PGMOL have come out and said they're going to clamp down on it.

Nobody even appealed did they?

No one appealed no. 

You’re right in what you’re saying, the consistency is terrible. But as fans who have been hard done by this a couple of times, we’ve been saying that should be a penalty. 

1 minute ago, Otis said:

Ederson knows exactly what he's doing there, he knows he's got away with it in the past. Ref bottled the 2nd yellow. 

Why does it need to be a second yellow? As they’ve said it’s careless not wreckless, he’s not gone to smash him they’ve collided. It would kill this game for a red to be shown for that.

5 minutes ago, Sly said:

You and I both! 

Keepers get away with committing GBH and it’s deemed okay. It’s unsafe and should always have been a penalty.

not just that, they also get given free kicks for the absolute softest touches.  

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

It feels a bit like you're getting distracted by the severity or physicality of it. 

People aren't comparing it to the Barnes or Iheanacho incidents because they thought this one against Arsenal was dangerous play or overly physical. 

But he still came out, missed the ball and took down the player. If any other player on the pitch did that we wouldn't be questioning it's a foul.

Think part of the incident was its normality, the fact that it never gets given, so just assumed from the brief glance it was another such case   :dunno:

Will watch again at some point

Just now, LcFc_Smiv said:

Why does it need to be a second yellow? As they’ve said it’s careless not wreckless, he’s not gone to smash him they’ve collided. It would kill this game for a red to be shown for that.

in much the same way a centre back doesn’t mean to do it but still gets booked 🤔

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

No one appealed no. 

You’re right in what you’re saying, the consistency is terrible. But as fans who have been hard done by this a couple of times, we’ve been saying that should be a penalty. 

I know we're supposed to want consistency and I understand that and I do as well. 

But I want the game consistently refereed properly. There are so many rules and small fouls that get ignored. Blatantly simulation that doesn't get carded, players not being carded for crowding and harassing the ref which they're meant to now etc. 

I'm actually happy to see a ref go a bit rogue and properly enforce the laws even if it isn't consistent. 

We all think the standards of refereeing need to improve. Well for that to happen some refs are going to have buck some trends a bit and be "inconsistent" if "consistent" is bad. 

• Like 1